Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

I have a friend who stared the process i751 in feb.2021 (married with two babies firth born in the process to come here she had to stay t3 month in Dom Rep and 2 one just trough the covid 19 in August 20). Extension latter arrive in jul.2021 24 month last month in feb recive the notification to interview 3/10/2022. Everythings was good she will have the permanent next week. Interview was Hartford,ct

I had a joint N400 and I751 interview yesterday in Chicago. Our case has been at MSC from the beginning since we were living in the UK when my first green card was approved so have not been interviewed by USCIS before. We were NOT told in advance that it would be a joint interview, I only received a letter about the citizenship interview but I took my husband with me just in case.

Our timeline looks like this:

Sept 2019: submitted I751 application
Oct 2019: did biometrics for I751

March 2020: status change online to "ready to schedule an interview"
May 2021: apply for N400
July 2021: did biometrics for N400 (they did not reuse mine from before, I don't know why)
January 2022: N400 interview was scheduled

March 2022: N400 interview in Chicago, which also included I751 interview. My husband came with me and the officer thanked him for attending but told him to stay in the waiting room while I took the citizenship test. Once I passed that, she asked me some general questions about do we own our house (yes), do we have kids (no), is this our first marriage (yes for both of us). She scanned in some additional updated documents I had brought, including property tax, car insurance, and some photos. I asked if she needed to speak to me husband and she said no, you submitted a lot of stuff and everything is in order. So technically he did not need to be there but we both got the impression that it made a difference and if I hadn't brought him, perhaps my I751 wouldn't have been approved. The officer I saw was very nice and friendly.

The officer told me that she will be approving both of my applications, although the paper I was given says "A decision cannot be made at this time" or something like that. I checked about this but she again confirmed verbally that she will be approving both applications and I will receive a letter about the oath ceremony once all the paperwork has gone through on the system. I explained that I am moving to a different state in May, and I asked if she thought the ceremony would be before that. She told me she will try and get everything finished up so that I can go to the April ceremony.

I'm relieved to have reached this point. Thanks to everyone who has posted their experiences on visa journey, it was very useful to help me be prepared for what to expect.

12 minutes ago, lottles said:

Interview letter finally arrived. April 26th in Orlando!!

Congrats!

When was your case ready to be scheduled an interview? Mine's at like 189 days now (Orlando too). 

31 minutes ago, lottles said:

Was ready February 2021!

Oh darn, mine was ready September 2021, so I guess mine will probably happen towards the end of the year, hopefully sooner.

Good luck with your interview! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everyone! I just want to post that my hubbys interview was yesterday. The initial interview letter we received was for hte N400 but they did the i751 and the N400 at the same time. The officer requested that I go in for the i751. She was very nice and she asked me my husbands name, DOB, when we got married, where he worked and I think that was it and she approved the i751. She allowed me to stay for my hubbys citizenship exam as long as I remained quiet. The exam took maybe 5/10 minutes. Hubby passed with flyin colors and he received his naturalization certificate the same day. Our immigration journey is finally coming to an end and we will be heading to the post office for his US passport.

Good luck to everyone!! Be patient your time will be here soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Anyone have San Francisco for their local field office and have an interview date yet?  I've been 'ready for a scheduled interview' since the beginning of August 2021 and nothing since. 

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/15/2022 at 7:50 AM, CharlotteUK said:

I had a joint N400 and I751 interview yesterday in Chicago. Our case has been at MSC from the beginning since we were living in the UK when my first green card was approved so have not been interviewed by USCIS before. We were NOT told in advance that it would be a joint interview, I only received a letter about the citizenship interview but I took my husband with me just in case.

Our timeline looks like this:

Sept 2019: submitted I751 application
Oct 2019: did biometrics for I751

March 2020: status change online to "ready to schedule an interview"
May 2021: apply for N400
July 2021: did biometrics for N400 (they did not reuse mine from before, I don't know why)
January 2022: N400 interview was scheduled

March 2022: N400 interview in Chicago, which also included I751 interview. My husband came with me and the officer thanked him for attending but told him to stay in the waiting room while I took the citizenship test. Once I passed that, she asked me some general questions about do we own our house (yes), do we have kids (no), is this our first marriage (yes for both of us). She scanned in some additional updated documents I had brought, including property tax, car insurance, and some photos. I asked if she needed to speak to me husband and she said no, you submitted a lot of stuff and everything is in order. So technically he did not need to be there but we both got the impression that it made a difference and if I hadn't brought him, perhaps my I751 wouldn't have been approved. The officer I saw was very nice and friendly.

The officer told me that she will be approving both of my applications, although the paper I was given says "A decision cannot be made at this time" or something like that. I checked about this but she again confirmed verbally that she will be approving both applications and I will receive a letter about the oath ceremony once all the paperwork has gone through on the system. I explained that I am moving to a different state in May, and I asked if she thought the ceremony would be before that. She told me she will try and get everything finished up so that I can go to the April ceremony.

I'm relieved to have reached this point. Thantoks to everyone who has posted their experiences on visa journey, it was very useful to help me be prepared for what to expect.

what version u prepared for citizen civil test?

Does anyone know if I can just take my wife's US passport to my N400 interview as proof of her naturalisation? It asks for certificate of citizenship so wondering if the passport will be fine. 

Thanks

Edited by AlexeiMaughan

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :Texas Service Center

Date Filed :2021-01-14

NOA Date :2021-02-18

Bio. Appt. :2021-07-07

Interview Date :2022-01-11

Approval / Denial Date :2022-01-11

Approved :Yes

Green Card Received :2022-01-20

Citizenship

Service Center :Online

CIS Office :Los Angeles CA

Date Filed :2022-01-24

NOA Date :2022-01-24

Bio. Appt. :2022-02-23

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS :2022-02-23

Interview Date: 2022-04-27 

Oath Ceremony :2022-04-27

2 minutes ago, AlexeiMaughan said:

Does anyone know if I can just take my wife's US passport to my N400 interview as proof of her naturalisation? It asks for certificate of citizenship so wondering if the passport will be fine. 

Thanks

Passport is enough. There is actually a list of documents on the USCIS website and it's listed there. 

2 minutes ago, AlexeiMaughan said:

Thanks

Since one of the requirement is that your spouse has to be US citizen for at least 3 years, they will most probably need the actual certificate of citizenship.  

1 hour ago, AlexeiMaughan said:

Thanks

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/attachments.pdf

Look at this checklist, there is your answer 😊

45 minutes ago, LiRo said:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/attachments.pdf

Look at this checklist, there is your answer 😊

Perfect. Thanks so much 😁

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :Texas Service Center

Date Filed :2021-01-14

NOA Date :2021-02-18

Bio. Appt. :2021-07-07

Interview Date :2022-01-11

Approval / Denial Date :2022-01-11

Green Card Received :2022-01-20

Citizenship

Service Center :Online

CIS Office :Los Angeles CA

Date Filed :2022-01-24

NOA Date :2022-01-24

Bio. Appt. :2022-02-23

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS :2022-02-23

Interview Date: 2022-04-27 

Oath Ceremony :2022-04-27

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.