dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2019

1,490 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Drkchocl8 said:

Thanks for responding. Sounds like keeping the existing appointment is my only choice as I don’t have a legitimate reason to expedite. How long did it take the CEAC website to say ‘in transit’ once you received your interview date?

The same day it changed to in transit 

Just now, Kartinee23 said:

I can’t really believe there is only one embassy for US immigrant interviews here. It’s CANADA. 😐

I’ve seen in the spreadsheet, some got interview dates a month or so after CC. Praying not much CR-1 applicants for April and May. 

Yea thats painful to see only one Embassy. Other countries too have only one Embassy for Immigrant visas. But here case is different. American and Canadians regularly visit each other and more interact with any other country (Okay I am not leaving Mexico). So there are more number of immigration cases from Canada to the US than any other country. I hope authorities in the US would acknowledge this fact someday and would open doors of other Canadian Embassies for Immigration visas. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, maza318 said:

Update: my husband had his interview this morning in Dakar, Senegal and his visa was APPROVED! He has to go back next Tuesday to pick up his visa. The interview was quick & easy, the CO just asked him about how we met and if our families were both at our wedding. His interview was at 7am, but he arrived at 6am so he was the first interview of the day - he was back home by 9am with the approval!

Congratulations! This gives me so much hope. I hope I can come back with a similar update on the 16th next month. I am so anxious. May should come already. 😅 

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, ShreebhagyaK9 said:

They should still let you mother in for biometrics. You filed two separate petitions for them, even though they were given the interview date on the same day. She will need her original passport, DS 260 Confirmation page and appointment confirmation printout. I am sure they will let her in and if asked she can explain that situation. 

So that means my mother can go for OFC appointment alone even if I scheduled OFC appointment for my parents to gather and my father is listed as a primary applicant on OFC appointment confirmation page, right ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
18 minutes ago, arpatel said:

So that means my mother can go for OFC appointment alone even if I scheduled OFC appointment for my parents to gather and my father is listed as a primary applicant on OFC appointment confirmation page, right ?

That's what I think. But please call up +91 120 4844644  or +91 40 46258222 if you are calling from India. If you are calling from the US call +1 703 520 2239. I tried to call them for you, but they don't provide information without your parents passport number. Give them a call, they will guide you. 

2 hours ago, Drkchocl8 said:

Good Morning All,

We received our interview date last Friday, April 19th. For those that received interview dates, how long did it take for NVC to send your file to the embassy? How long before the CEAC website changed from “at NVC” to “in transit”?

Also, our interview is scheduled for May 30th. Our 1 year Anniversary is May 13th. We’d like to schedule an earlier interview if at all possible (medical was done as soon as we received our case number so we are ready). Has anyone tried to request an earlier date? If so how did you go about it and were you successful?

thanks in advance 

Roz

Mine changed to 'in transit' the same day, however it still is 'in transit' a week later.

At the beginning of this thread, @dwheels76 posted a template that you can use to ask for an earlier interview date.  The email is directly to the embassy and you can try.  They will say yes or no.  It's likely they'll say no because they probably gave you the 'first available', but worth a try!

Petitioners Name
Petitioners Date of birth
Beneficiary's Name
Beneficiary's Date of birth

NVC Case #

To whom it may concern,

My name is *********
I am writing to you in order to request an earlier interview. I have originally been scheduled for an Immigrant interview at (name of embassy and give date)
I have completed the required medical exam and I have all the necessary documents necessary for the interview and I am ready.
If it is at all possible for an earlier interview date to be scheduled for me it would be much appreciated.
Thank you for your time

Sincerely.

Address & Phone Number

Edited by KJ2

Timeline
1 minute ago, KJ2 said:

Mine changed to 'in transit' the same day, however it still is 'in transit' a week later.

At the beginning of this thread, @dwheels76 posted a template that you can use to ask for an earlier interview date.  The email is directly to the embassy and you can try.  They will say yes or no.  It's likely they'll say no because they probably gave you the 'first available', but worth a try!

Hey buddy!...mine still says in transit..i mean is the file on the plane still?...or still at NVC in transit getting ready to go to the embassy...or did it make it to Accra..hell im confused...long as it get there 🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, KJ2 said:

Petitioners Name
Beneficiary's Name

NVC Case #

To whom it may concern,

My name is *********
I am writing to you in order to request an earlier interview. I have originally been scheduled for an Immigrant interview at (name of embassy and give date)
I have completed the required medical exam and I have all the necessary documents necessary for the interview and I am ready.
If it is at all possible for an earlier interview date to be scheduled for me it would be much appreciated.
Thank you for your time

Sincerely.

Address & Phone Number

You are awesome! Thanks so much! I know I can’t contact the embassy until they have our file. I’m hoping our CEAC status changes soon and then I’ll try sending the request. Thanks so much 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, KJ2 said:

Petitioners Name
Beneficiary's Name

NVC Case #

To whom it may concern,

My name is *********
Thank you for your time

Sincerely.

Address & Phone Number

This is awesome!...then go for it and try..i never seen this letter before @Drkchocl8

12 hours ago, Melissa1695 said:

Hello! Help! 

Anyone having their interview soon? Im looking for some advices of what should I take with me as evidence🙏 or anyone who already had their interview or about to from any country 🤗 

My interview is tomorrow morning 15 hours to go I can’t wait I’m taking everything I sent to nvc with me u never know if they ask for anything to be safe ! I’m going to tell u guys what they ask me for tomorrow inshallah ! My interview is in Jerusalem by the way 

2 hours ago, maza318 said:

Update: my husband had his interview this morning in Dakar, Senegal and his visa was APPROVED! He has to go back next Tuesday to pick up his visa. The interview was quick & easy, the CO just asked him about how we met and if our families were both at our wedding. His interview was at 7am, but he arrived at 6am so he was the first interview of the day - he was back home by 9am with the approval!

Ohhh congratulations so happy for u guys

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
1 hour ago, adc1221 said:

Still waiting for interview. CC March 20th. Manila Embassy 😞

We as well, waiting for interview date. CC April 1 Tunis, Tunisia😢

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.