emil2888

can i enter a US 5 days befor my nedical exam expires

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
52 minutes ago, emil2888 said:

i tooke my medical exam befor the interview november  6 th 2018 my interview was 29 november and i was in Ap with 221g but today my visa got issued its going to be 6month in may 6th if i enter US like 5 days before the 6th mont of my medical exam will it be okay?

As long as you enter the US before your visa expires you're fine. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, emil2888 said:

what about mediacl some vj members say i need to enter befor my medical expiers and ive veen told medical exam is valid for only 6 month s from the day i did the exam

No, medical is good for 1 year (I'm pretty sure that's for K1 and CR1/IR1) Your visa is valid for 6 months after your medical.

I'm sure if the embassy/consulate would take longer than 6 months to process your visa, they would make you redo the medical before they issued your visa, but they would inform you of that. 

If you get your passport with visa in the mail, just make sure you enter the USA before your visa expires, that's it. 

27 minutes ago, C90 said:

No, medical is good for 1 year (I'm pretty sure that's for K1 and CR1/IR1) Your visa is valid for 6 months after your medical.

I'm sure if the embassy/consulate would take longer than 6 months to process your visa, they would make you redo the medical before they issued your visa, but they would inform you of that. 

If you get your passport with visa in the mail, just make sure you enter the USA before your visa expires, that's it. 

thank u

Effective Nov 1, 2018, medical examinations are effective for 2 years. The visa is good for 1 year. Look at the USCIS website.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, VeVe said:

Effective Nov 1, 2018, medical examinations are effective for 2 years. The visa is good for 1 year. Look at the USCIS website.

I think that's only for the I-693 done by a civil surgeon in the US, OP is talking about overseas medicals. For as far as I know overseas medical is only valid for 1 year still, but I could be wrong

Edited by C90

24 minutes ago, VeVe said:

That form is only done in America. There's no disagreement that it's 2 years for that form, but not for those doing K-1s and CR/IR or any other visa that requires a medical outside the United States. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JMPM said:

That form is only done in America. There's no disagreement that it's 2 years for that form, but not for those doing K-1s and CR/IR or any other visa that requires a medical outside the United States. 

I 693 is completed for Consular processing overseas also. ... I have been unable to locate official information regarding the length of its validity .. I was under the impression it was 6 months ... may be wrong .... but even if it is only 6 months , entering 5 days before the 6 months, as long as the visa is also still within the 6 month validity is fine. 

Guys, medical exams for consular processing are valid for 6 months. 

@emil2888, you just need to enter before your visa expires. That is usually set as the date the medical will  expire, but you are not expected to remember when your medical expires, just follow the visa. This was a specific question I asked our CO at our interview. 

1 hour ago, VeVe said:

USCIS does not deal with visas, DoS via the embassies does. This is from the website of the embassy in London. You’ll find all embassy websites say the same thing.

Six months from the date on which it is performed.  It is important to note that the medical examination must be valid not only on the day of the visa interview, but also at the time you enter the United States on the visa.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-faqs/medical-examination-2/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, emil2888 said:

i tooke my medical exam befor the interview november  6 th 2018 my interview was 29 november and i was in Ap with 221g but today my visa got issued its going to be 6month in may 6th if i enter US like 5 days before the 6th mont of my medical exam will it be okay?

Do you have the passport in hand with the visa inside?  Look at the visa in your passport, it will state the expiry date on the visa.  That is the last day you can enter the US with it, but most recommend at least a couple of days before in case something goes wrong with the travel plans and you have to delay entering the US so add an extra day just to be safe.

45 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Do you have the passport in hand with the visa inside?  Look at the visa in your passport, it will state the expiry date on the visa.  That is the last day you can enter the US with it, but most recommend at least a couple of days before in case something goes wrong with the travel plans and you have to delay entering the US so add an extra day just to be safe.

i dont have the passport yet so my understanding is that as long as visa is valid in the passport im good to go

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, emil2888 said:

i dont have the passport yet so my understanding is that as long as visa is valid in the passport im good to go

Yes, the expiry date of the visa in your passport is the key.  As others have said, it will typically be the same date as six months from the medical exam, but not always as it's up to the IO.  Once you get your visa check the expiry date and plan on entering the US a day or two before that date.  Good luck with your move to the US and congratulations on getting approved!

Edited by carmel34

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.