Keo23

I did not receive social or green card

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tevaughn1998 said:

I did go to the social security office March 1, 2018 and they told me that i will get it within 10 working days.

Ok. I will definitely go there on Monday.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, Keo23 said:

I thought it valid for six months. 

The visa you used to travel and enter the US on was valid for 6 months. The stamp in your passport that you received when you arrived in the US is valid for 12 to act as a green card while you wait for your actual green card.

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, accumbyte said:

Immigrant visas usually say "UPON ENDORSEMENT SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR"

Immigrant_Visa_CBP_endorsement.jpg

I didn’t realized lol. It’s good to read the fine print.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, LilyJohansen said:

The visa you used to travel and enter the US on was valid for 6 months. The stamp in your passport that you received when you arrived in the US is valid for 12 to act as a green card while you wait for your actual green card.

Thank you for that information. I didn’t realized that information was right there in my passport.

Go to the SSA office. My husband did not get his originally. We went into the office and they informed us that all of his information was not input at the POE. They stated they had the information but it had not been submitted. We took our marriage license and my Drivers License. They finished the paperwork and he had his card within 2 weeks. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Did you mark the box on the ds260 for immigration to apply for the SS card?

if not,  you have to take your passport showing the IR1 stamp to ss office and apply yourself

green card came here in exactly a month from day he arrived

SS card was also fast but can't remember the date

Timeline
16 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Did you mark the box on the ds260 for immigration to apply for the SS card?

if not,  you have to take your passport showing the IR1 stamp to ss office and apply yourself

green card came here in exactly a month from day he arrived

SS card was also fast but can't remember the date

I did mark the box. 

Hey guys my dad arrived on June 14 2018 and pay the fee on the June 15th 2018 and still no green card 

already called USCIS 

put in 5 service request

asked senators for help and nothing yet 

hope you’re goes faster!

--------------AOS------------------------------------------

03.08.2013 (Day 0) - Sent off I-130,I-485, I-765

03.09.2013 (Day 1) - Package received by USCIS Chicago

03.16.2013 (Day 7) - Received NOA texts and emails

03.20.2013 (Day 11) - 3 NOA's hardcopies in the Mail!

03.25.2013 (Day 16) - Received Biometrics appointment letter for 04/12/2013 in Santa Rosa , CA

04.08.2013 (Day 30) - Biometrics done in Santa Rosa , CA

05.07.2013 (Day 59) - Status update: Now ready for interview scheduling!

05.12.2013 (Day 64) - Status update: interview scheduled June 12!

05.13.2013 (Day 65) - Received Interview Hardcopy.

05/17/2013 (Day 69) - EAD went in production

05/25/2013 (Day 77) - EAD received

05.12.2013 (Day 93) - interview scheduled!

05.13.2013 (Day 94) - interview approved after separate interview

05.18.2013 (Day 98) - green card arrived

------- ROC ---------

03.24.2015 sent my package I-751

03.26.2015 NOA dated / 03.30 arrived

06.24.2015 biometrics done in Santa Rosa CA

9 hours ago, Keo23 said:

I’ve been in the US for a month, I haven’t received any social or green card in the mail. How long does it take to get both social and green card?  Thank you.

That is exactly what happens to me, so what I did is just went to the social security office near me and apply for social security even tho I opted to do it at the same time I was applying for my visa. And just for less than a week I then got it.  

For my permanent resident card, it just arrived today, and I've been here for almost 3 months now.  Just make sure you already pay your immigration fee. 

You can also click this link https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do to check the status of your case.

Edited by Distanttravelers1

Timeline
1 minute ago, Distanttravelers1 said:

That is exactly what happens to me, so what I did is just went to the social security office near me and apply for social security even tho I opted to do it at the same time I was applying for my visa. And just for less than a week I then got it.  

For my permanent resident card, it just arrived today, and I've been here for almost 3 months now.  Just make sure you already pay your immigration fee. 

You can also click this link https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do to check the status of your case.

The same thing happened to a lot of people. I did pay my immigration fee before I traveled, I will go to the social security office on Monday. I’m hoping for the green card soon so I can travel for my daughter graduation.

11 minutes ago, Keo23 said:

I’m hoping for the green card soon so I can travel for my daughter graduation.

You can travel now if you wish. The endorsed immigrant visa inside your passport is a valid I-551 (aka Green Card) document. CBP will accept it for US re-entry. Sometimes there are incompetent foreign airline check-in staff that don't know this. If that happens request for their supervisor, etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.