ashcashbananas

FRUSTRATION

108 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

maybe the form is not illegal nor unethical but it is UNFAIR & UNREASONABLE for my husband to receive it.

Ok  going to take the other side to tell you why the ds 5535 form was made

Living next to Derik is another Moroccan man who now that he has interviewed for his citizenship,  announced to his USC wife,  he would divorce and marry his Moroccan gf    / nothing the USC can do 

Homeland Security,   embassies all over the world and ICE (immigration)   get phone calls,  letters complaints by the tons 

The form is a research tool to check the phone calls, messages (for the last 5 years) and travel for the last 15 of the immigrant

to make sure the immigrant does not search social media and the internet for less than honorable reasons

it was prompted by the huge numbers of complaints received  to protect the USC and USA from those who would take advantage of our need to be loved

Morocco, unfortunately,  is one of the countries that immigration has received too too many complaints about

I know you feel targeted but so many USC's have already been the target of someone they felt was honestly in love with them

just know when you are finished going thru this, it really is for your protection and you can be sure after they search all his media ,   he is yours and yours alone

Timeline
24 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I understand the frustration. Hopefully you hear back soon.

That said, the DS-5535 has nothing to do with your relationship, ability to be a sponsor, etc. It's a form used with additional background checks.

What exactly triggers those is unknown. There are some circumstances often in common, but there is no guarantee who will get it or won't get it.

I don't believe even the CO has any say on who gets it. AFAIK, the system indicates if it is needed or not. No need to fire everybody working there...they're just following policies. The policies may or may not be greatly flawed, but understand it's not COs singling out people for the heck of it.

Not an easy pill to swallow: immigration is not fair. This is just a fact, often because of what others have done, not what you have done.

Unreasonable is hard to say as the reason for the DS-5535 being issued in any case is unknown. As far as anybody knows, maybe he did business or worked alongside somebody related to or involved with terrorists. Likely? Heck No. But he would likely have no way to know if that was the case and he wasn't involved.

Or because the muslim community uses the same name over and over and the name itself triggered the ds5535

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
23 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I understand the frustration. Hopefully you hear back soon.

That said, the DS-5535 has nothing to do with your relationship, ability to be a sponsor, etc. It's a form used with additional background checks.

What exactly triggers those is unknown. There are some circumstances often in common, but there is no guarantee who will get it or won't get it.

I don't believe even the CO has any say on who gets it. AFAIK, the system indicates if it is needed or not. No need to fire everybody working there...they're just following policies. The policies may or may not be greatly flawed, but understand it's not COs singling out people for the heck of it.

Not an easy pill to swallow: immigration is not fair. This is just a fact, often because of what others have done, not what you have done.

Unreasonable is hard to say as the reason for the DS-5535 being issued in any case is unknown. As far as anybody knows, maybe he did business or worked alongside somebody related to or involved with terrorists. Likely? Heck No. But he would likely have no way to know if that was the case and he wasn't involved.

I know my financial situation has nothing to do with the form. I was answering questions (that I keep getting repeatedly) on this post so we don't have to spend more time w/ those questions.

The CO was more interested in MY choice to convert to Islam.

& my husband does filming, with his brother.

Unfair & unreasonable because there was a man we spoke with there who was given his visa for K1. After meeting his fiance once for 2.5 weeks and he barely speaks english & english is her only language.

2 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

I know my financial situation has nothing to do with the form. I was answering questions (that I keep getting repeatedly) on this post so we don't have to spend more time w/ those questions.

The CO was more interested in MY choice to convert to Islam.

& my husband does filming, with his brother.

Unfair & unreasonable because there was a man we spoke with there who was given his visa for K1. After meeting his fiance once for 2.5 weeks and he barely speaks english & english is her only language.

I stand beside you on this , unreasonable in your circumstance and mind blowing.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, NearEthereal said:

As others have said, it was received due to the high fraud rate and risk of terrorism; nothing illegal or unethical about it. I know the AP process can be horrible, especially when it seems to be happening to innocent people for something as simple as a similar name or a location, however if there is nothing to be hidden, then the form will be processed and you will be with your husband.

The lack of travel, I think, will make processing the form easier. What they usually do is check into the family, check into the profession, check into the social media accounts (if that information was asked for) and check into a database of names and check against known criminals.

These may help ease your mind:

https://www.soundimmigration.com/understanding-administrative-processing/

https://www.cmu.edu/oie/foreign-students/docs/tal-students.pdf

yes, as I said there is nothing illegal or unethical about it.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

i'm done w/ this post & this site.

sorry you feel this way

we are not against you

we have all gone thru unfair and unreasonable

6 years of immigration BS for me

but all here  try to be honest

try to tell you what we have seen

Timeline
19 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Ok  going to take the other side to tell you why the ds 5535 form was made

Living next to Derik is another Moroccan man who now that he has interviewed for his citizenship,  announced to his USC wife,  he would divorce and marry his Moroccan gf    / nothing the USC can do 

Homeland Security,   embassies all over the world and ICE (immigration)   get phone calls,  letters complaints by the tons 

The form is a research tool to check the phone calls, messages (for the last 5 years) and travel for the last 15 of the immigrant

to make sure the immigrant does not search social media and the internet for less than honorable reasons

it was prompted by the huge numbers of complaints received  to protect the USC and USA from those who would take advantage of our need to be loved

Morocco, unfortunately,  is one of the countries that immigration has received too too many complaints about

I know you feel targeted but so many USC's have already been the target of someone they felt was honestly in love with them

just know when you are finished going thru this, it really is for your protection and you can be sure after they search all his media ,   he is yours and yours alone

so, this is a fact? it's to check for marriage fraud?

& not terrorism?

Timeline
1 minute ago, ashcashbananas said:

& not terrorism?

the travel part for the last 15 years of the immigrant covers the fact a person can go to countries doing terrorists training

plus who the immigrant follows on social media and talks to

the form covers it all 

2 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

& not terrorism?

DS form should be about terrorism and ill intention with migrating not about the person and their decision as an ADULT to make a choice, if the older female or male want to marry the young male/female and wants to bypass the obvious or bypass the fact that one looks like the grandmother/father than it should be their call as the adult being scammed, that form should not be triggered because of that , rather it should be about safety but what danger is her situation?

Timeline
28 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

this - is a fact?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
11 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

i'm done w/ this post & this site.

I want to encourage you to be positive & things will work out.  VJ members are trying to help with the knowledge they have.  I can tell you from personal experience that when an African country is considered "Muslim" country or anything other than Christianity, although we know it's not fair, the consular seem to scrutinize people from there because of their belief.  Consulars overall are not bad people.  They use certain guidelines for the decisions they make.  This is a sensitive area people prefer not to talk about.  I empathize with you & understand what you must be feeling.  If your passport was kept, it's a good thing & something to give you hope.  Hugs to both of you.....................  

Timeline

we sent them several screenshots showing me & my husband sitting on video chats for 18 hours, 12 hours, 11 hours, etc

different dates, different years. we barely have any time that we aren't talking (via video)

my boss has learned to just let it go because even when she told us in a meeting not to video chat during business hours, i kept doing it because my husband will call me non-stop!!!

i just feel like, if some other cases I've seen didn't need further scrutinizing then ours shouldn't have either.

& my husband does have the most common name IN THE WORLD. I keep hearing that may have something to do with it.

1 minute ago, PandT said:

I want to encourage you to be positive & things will work out.  VJ members are trying to help with the knowledge they have.  I can tell you from personal experience that when an African country is considered "Muslim" country or anything other than Christianity, although we know it's not fair, the consular seem to scrutinize people from there because of their belief.  Consulars overall are not bad people.  They use certain guidelines for the decisions they make.  This is a sensitive area people prefer not to talk about.  I empathize with you & understand what you must be feeling.  If your passport was kept, it's a good thing & something to give you hope.  Hugs to both of you.....................  

thank you ❤️ 

Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

Have to send letters to complain ?  send directly to the embassy /senator is not any help 

they seem to ignore phone calls at this point

Derik , a VJ member,   traveled to Morocco on his Christmas break and made an appointment with embassy as she was given the ds5535

he learned nothing from the appointment

they just said "you need to wait"

after he researched the ds 5535 and all the information out there,  he has made plans to spend his summer off from teaching in Morocco with his wife and the following December if still needed to be with her

we are all so very sorry you will go thru this BS

you can directly message me as i went thru 6 years of waiting / no ds 5355 thank God

but i will give you my whatsapp

it can help to have someone to vent to

all i can say is when it is all over,  it is a blessing when you husband finally is here 

don't give up 

yes but luckily Derik's wife heard from the embassy and they have completed processing of the DS5355. He said she should be receiving her visa soon. I think it was in AP for two months?

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.