ashcashbananas

FRUSTRATION

108 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

I know it is, and that's exactly why they need to hear it, so they know what type of unethical and illegal practices they have going on there.

Well it's currently not illegal (unethical maybe, but I guess that depends on who you ask). And again, the Moroccan government is unlikely to interfere with what the U.S. government does. They are 2 separate countries and governments.  

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Just now, RJandHamid said:

Well it's currently not illegal (unethical maybe, but I guess that depends on who you ask). And again, the Moroccan government is unlikely to interfere with what the U.S. government does. They are 2 separate countries and governments.  

I agree but it's always worth the shot, these people operate in ways that blow my mind tbh.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

i swear, i wish you guys could meet my husband.

he is the sweetest, kindest person i've ever met and he radiates this beautiful energy.

not just because i love him either 😛

Believe me ,  we all know this

i was amazed when i made my first trip

In the home of a moroccan family , when a female yells to the man for help,  he jumps up and does it immediately

whether is is sister or aunt or mother

the man doesn't say,  "when i finish my TV program"   

and the good ones don't change when they come to the USA

Adil works 10 hour days / overrtime when they offer it

cooks on his days off 

happiness will be in your future

just need a lot of patience 

keep busy 

keep his spirits up telling him it will be over one day

and remember when married over 2 years ,  the green card is for 10 years

all you will do later is the citizenship not the green card renewal

Timeline
29 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

where are you sending these complaints to?!!?

now that you have been interviewed the email is different

send to

Admincasablanca@state.gov

or the email ID they gave you to send in the ds5535

i believe that one is 

Caseadmin@state.gov

Edited by adil-rafa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Believe me ,  we all know this

i was amazed when i made my first trip

In the home of a moroccan family , when a female yells to the man for help,  he jumps up and does it immediately

whether is is sister or aunt or mother

the man doesn't say,  "when i finish my TV program"   

and the good ones don't change when they come to the USA

Adil works 10 hour days / overrtime when they offer it

cooks on his days off 

happiness will be in your future

just need a lot of patience 

keep busy 

keep his spirits up telling him it will be over one day

and remember when married over 2 years ,  the green card is for 10 years

all you will do later is the citizenship not the green card renewal

yes, we have already been married 2 years so when, inshallah, he does get his visa it will be the IR-1.

I'm really sick to my stomach over all of this & keep having panic attacks. I can't deal with this.

Of course, I try to stay positive about it when I talk to him - because I don't want him discouraged.

Thanks for all your advice. ❤️ 

1 minute ago, ashcashbananas said:

yes, we have already been married 2 years so when, inshallah, he does get his visa it will be the IR-1.

I'm really sick to my stomach over all of this & keep having panic attacks. I can't deal with this.

Of course, I try to stay positive about it when I talk to him - because I don't want him discouraged.

Ohhh , I feel your pain with the panic attacks, I since stopped stressing cause it would take a toll on my health. Try to relax though, you have the option that many people don't have which is to move, take care of yourself. 

Timeline
Just now, ashcashbananas said:

I found myself crying and staying in as i couldn't face people 

i was so discouraged i didn't want to be the sad sack when around people

need to keep your spirits up too

they will go thru his info on the ds5535

find nothing

you will be together

Allah yessir

means God will set things right

5 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

Trust Allah , like you know He is the Best of planners.  Once your husband is back with you in the States you will feel as if you two were never even separated inshaAllah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 hour ago, ashcashbananas said:

yes, i completely agree with you. this is taking a toll on my health. i really need to be with my husband and I'm considering quitting my job and ending my lease to move to Morocco.

this is completely unfair. 

So sorry.  A lot of beneficiaries from Africa are given this form, especially from countries the US considers high fraud.  Senegal is famous for giving them out.  It must be so frustrating for you.  Hang in there.  

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Ohhh , I feel your pain with the panic attacks, I since stopped stressing cause it would take a toll on my health. Try to relax though, you have the option that many people don't have which is to move, take care of yourself. 

it's not much of an option. if i do move there, i'll lose everything and have to start over completely. but, i might have to take that risk. i wish i could tell myself stop stressing and it just be done. maybe with time!

7 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

I found myself crying and staying in as i couldn't face people 

i was so discouraged i didn't want to be the sad sack when around people

need to keep your spirits up too

they will go thru his info on the ds5535

find nothing

you will be together

Allah yessir

means God will set things right

thank you, you're right.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, PandT said:

So sorry.  A lot of beneficiaries from Africa are given this form, especially from countries the US considers high fraud.  Senegal is famous for giving them out.  It must be so frustrating for you.  Hang in there.  

thank you, and I wish you the best ❤️ 

6 minutes ago, patienceiskey said:

Trust Allah , like you know He is the Best of planners.  Once your husband is back with you in the States you will feel as if you two were never even separated inshaAllah

thank you, inshallah ❤️❤️ 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

maybe the form is not illegal nor unethical but it is UNFAIR & UNREASONABLE for my husband to receive it.

Timeline

Don't make the move

you need the US income and tax returns / they can ask for the most recent when this is over

you need a US residency for him to come to

and in case immigration asks for something from you (which they can do)  , you need to be in the US to get the document 

my gf in alabama was going to live in morocco till her husband's visa was granted

she was there 6 months

she had no job and found herself an additional burden on the family

she returned to the US

5 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

maybe the form is not illegal nor unethical but it is UNFAIR & UNREASONABLE for my husband to receive it.

As others have said, it was received due to the high fraud rate and risk of terrorism; nothing illegal or unethical about it. I know the AP process can be horrible, especially when it seems to be happening to innocent people for something as simple as a similar name or a location, however if there is nothing to be hidden, then the form will be processed and you will be with your husband.

The lack of travel, I think, will make processing the form easier. What they usually do is check into the family, check into the profession, check into the social media accounts (if that information was asked for) and check into a database of names and check against known criminals.

These may help ease your mind:

https://www.soundimmigration.com/understanding-administrative-processing/

https://www.cmu.edu/oie/foreign-students/docs/tal-students.pdf

Edited by NearEthereal

11 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

it's not much of an option. if i do move there, i'll lose everything and have to start over completely. but, i might have to take that risk. i wish i could tell myself stop stressing and it just be done. maybe with time!

thank you, you're right.

When I say to stop stressing , I don't mean that you don't worry or are sad and frustrated etc, it's to try to take it easy because if your health is starting to be affected and you're having panic attacks, that's your bodies way of saying, slow down , I am overloaded, just take care of yourself as much as possible please, I know the feeling I was there until I put a stop to it, or it was going to make me crazy or worse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.