ashcashbananas

FRUSTRATION

108 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, Apple Bee said:

yes but luckily Derik's wife heard from the embassy and they have completed processing of the DS5355. He said she should be receiving her visa soon. I think it was in AP for two months?

I've been talking to a lot of people about this form/AP & I've heard of a few cases that were in AP for 1-3 months and then approved. But, it seems like everyone on VisaJourney has only seen it take 9+ months.

I've also read where someone was in AP for 17 months!

14 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

Unfair & unreasonable because there was a man we spoke with there who was given his visa for K1. After meeting his fiance once for 2.5 weeks and he barely speaks english & english is her only language.

Don't stress yourself out over somebody else's case. 1) You don't know their full circumstances 2) It's not fair either way. 3) This has nothing to do with the DS-5535.

1 minute ago, ashcashbananas said:

i just feel like, if some other cases I've seen didn't need further scrutinizing then ours shouldn't have either.

The DS-5535 isn't about the relationship. The CO already took that into consideration. They aren't further scrutinizing why you want to be together. They're doing background checks.

There was one case where - during the course of such investigation - they came across information making them ineligible for the visa and that resulted in a refusal. But I believe that was an issue they found regarding a prior undisclosed marriage.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, ashcashbananas said:

this - is a fact?

Have you followed any of the divorce posts on here?

where the USC is totally taken back by the fact his/ her love has come and left them?

you and your husband have been caught up in the process 

you can totally love him

he can totally love you

but this is something we have to prove to Immigration

and they should not say anything about religion

we are free to choose the religion of our choice

as you are frustrated and angry at this moment,   don't write the embassy till you have thought about all things

compose a letter with facts only

express concern but not anger

remember a letter will put added to his packet 

Timeline
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

Don't stress yourself out over somebody else's case. 1) You don't know their full circumstances 2) It's not fair either way. 3) This has nothing to do with the DS-5535.

The DS-5535 isn't about the relationship. The CO already took that into consideration. They aren't further scrutinizing why you want to be together. They're doing background checks.

There was one case where - during the course of such investigation - they came across information making them ineligible for the visa and that resulted in a refusal. But I believe that was an issue they found regarding a prior undisclosed marriage.

You don't know what I know, to be honest. & I'm not stressing over their case, I was stating a fact.

& that's crazy! I know a lot of weird/fraudulent things go down in Morocco when it comes to mixed marriage & immigration. I've even spoken w/ someone who thought she could go to Morocco & meet her boyfriend and marry him, even though she hadn't divorced her husband in the US. She thought they wouldn't know. Even Americans go there trying to do fraudulent things.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ashcashbananas said:

it's not much of an option. if i do move there, i'll lose everything and have to start over completely. but, i might have to take that risk. i wish i could tell myself stop stressing and it just be done. maybe with time!

thank you, you're right.

I definitely feel you on this... I have considered moving to Morocco to be with my husband if things don't go in our favor but that's a very tough decision to make. I've been at my job for 10 years. Its not easy to just pick up and go no matter how much we just want to be with them, especially considering we need our jobs to support them until they come here and start working themselves.

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

I've been talking to a lot of people about this form/AP & I've heard of a few cases that were in AP for 1-3 months and then approved. But, it seems like everyone on VisaJourney has only seen it take 9+ months.

I've also read where smeone was in AP for 17 months!

seems when embassy does the security checking ,  it takes only a month as they do in house checking in the country and takes less time

when it requires further checking the case comes back to the USA and HOmeland Security is the one in charge / those take several months

one of these checks was issued for a moroccan who worked in Saudi 3 years and Saudi only gives criminal reports to citizens of there

his ds 5535 took  11 months/  he is here now

Edited by adil-rafa

Timeline
7 minutes ago, geowrian said:

also... 

This is the 1st time I've heard that DS5535 is intended to check for marriage fraud. Which is why I was asking her if this is a fact. EVERYONE else says it's a background check, not to check to see if my husband really loves me or not. To see if he is involved w/terrorism. 

Obviously I DON'T KNOW which is why I'm asking. i just wish people would only state facts and not their opinions. 

I hope I don't sound rude to everyone, by the way. I'm very appreciate of everyone's feedback & time.

But, please state facts so I have the correct information. ❤️ 

8 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Have you followed any of the divorce posts on here?

where the USC is totally taken back by the fact his/ her love has come and left them?

you and your husband have been caught up in the process 

you can totally love him

he can totally love you

but this is something we have to prove to Immigration

and they should not say anything about religion

we are free to choose the religion of our choice

as you are frustrated and angry at this moment,   don't write the embassy till you have thought about all things

compose a letter with facts only

express concern but not anger

remember a letter will put added to his packet 

i'm just asking if it is a fact or your thought/opinion.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Apple Bee said:

yes but luckily Derik's wife heard from the embassy and they have completed processing of the DS5355. He said she should be receiving her visa soon. I think it was in AP for two months?

When?  I just talked to him on the cell

He only said he was still prepared to go next summer to spend the summer with her

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Apple Bee said:

I just spoke w/ him also. He was very upset still & said he was deleting his VJ page..

Timeline
11 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

also... 

This is the 1st time I've heard that DS5535 is intended to check for marriage fraud. Which is why I was asking her if this is a fact. EVERYONE else says it's a background check, not to check to see if my husband really loves me or not. To see if he is involved w/terrorism. 

Obviously I DON'T KNOW which is why I'm asking. i just wish people would only state facts and not their opinions. 

I hope I don't sound rude to everyone, by the way. I'm very appreciate of everyone's feedback & time.

But, please state facts so I have the correct information. ❤️ 

i'm just asking if it is a fact or your thought/opinion.

it is from the warnings issued by the state Department on marrying a foreigner

https://ma.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/marriage-information/

not my opinion  / i try to stick to facts

Edited by adil-rafa

Timeline
1 minute ago, adil-rafa said:

it is from the warnings issued by the state Department on marrying a foreigner

https://ma.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/marriage-information/

where does it say the form DS5535 is intended to check for marriage fraud?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

When?  I just talked to him on the cell

He only said he was still prepared to go next summer to spend the summer with her

What in the world? I feel like im in the twilight zone. I saw a post from him last week I think saying everything was fine and that she'd be getting the visa soon. I even congratulated him.....idk maybe it was someone else but I was certain it was him. idk

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

10 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

You don't know what I know, to be honest. & I'm not stressing over their case, I was stating a fact.

Never said I did. But I also guarantee you don't know the full circumstances either, nor how they are evaluated and what is considered relevant facts.

Best thing is to only focus on your own case, not anybody else's. Nothing good comes from it. :)

10 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

& that's crazy! I know a lot of weird/fraudulent things go down in Morocco when it comes to mixed marriage & immigration. I've even spoken w/ someone who thought she could go to Morocco & meet her boyfriend and marry him, even though she hadn't divorced her husband in the US. She thought they wouldn't know. Even Americans go there trying to do fraudulent things.

Sure, many Americans do bad things too.

5 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

There is no evidence that the DS-5535 is used to find marriage fraud. It's regularly issued to people not doing marriage-based immigration as well. There's no known difference in how often it is issued in non marriage-based cases.

That one case just happened to come across an issue in the process of doing the investigation. They don't ignore ineligibles found during any process even if that's not what they're looking for.

5 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

The only known facts for the DS-5535 are that there is no known specific cause of getting a DS-5535, how long it will take to process, etc.

Everything else is based upon knowledge acquired over the time it has been available.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

where does it say the form DS5535 is intended to check for marriage fraud?

if the immigrant messages and social  media show he / she talks to a lot of others about relationships, 

security checks look for all issues 

one USC was informed 7 weeks after doing the form,  that her bf was talking to a woman from Canada and one from Germany and the case was being returned to the US 

but you are married,  why worried about this?

just know the form takes time and you have to have the patience to weather the storm

good God i am not against you 

i know this frustration

we first applied in July 2009 and he finally got the visa July 2015

the process is heartbreaking at times

Timeline
2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Never said I did. But I also guarantee you don't know the full circumstances either, nor how they are evaluated and what is considered relevant facts.

Best thing is to only focus on your own case, not anybody else's. Nothing good comes from it. :)

Sure, many Americans do bad things too.

There is no evidence that the DS-5535 is used to find marriage fraud. It's regularly issued to people not doing marriage-based immigration as well. There's no known difference in how often it is issued in non marriage-based cases.

That one case just happened to come across an issue in the process of doing the investigation. They don't ignore ineligibles found during any process even if that's not what they're looking for.

The only known facts for the DS-5535 are that there is no known specific cause of getting a DS-5535, how long it will take to process, etc.

Everything else is based upon knowledge acquired over the time it has been available.

you're very right. & I wish you knew me, then maybe you'd understand that I mean no harm by stating what I said about their case.

& thanks for your feedback. :D 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.