ashcashbananas

FRUSTRATION

108 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have a question! Please read my review below if you'd like, but here's the question..

Have you been put in AP & given form DS5535? If so, how long until you were given an answer? 

If you were put in AP & given form DS5535 from Morocco, please share your story with me.

-----------------

My husband's interview was scheduled for February 14, 2019. However, on February 13th, he received a call from the Consulate informing him that his interview was canceled and would be rescheduled at a later date. The following Monday, I called the Consulate 1st thing in the morning (their morning) & the man I spoke with said he would speak with the CO & then call my husband. He called my husband within the hour and gave him a new interview date & time. He told my husband March 5, 2019 at 10:30am. He e-mailed me the date and time of March 5th at 12:30pm. Obviously we were confused. We tried calling multiple times, we N E V E R got through.

On March 5, 2019 we went to the Consulate at 10am to inquire on the time. My husband was told to come back at 12:30pm, so he did. We had created a binder to present to the CO at the interview. The binder has divder tabs separating different sections, which are labeled as Civil Documents, Tax & Financial Forms, Tickets (all my plane tickets, passport stamps, train tickets, etc) Communication which shows screenshots of chat logs & video.calls, and.finally Photos. 48 photos inside of photo sleeves. In a separate folder, he had all copies they might ask for & the envelope from his medical exam. He was very prepared and organized.

He had his fingerprints done & he was given the documents that we mailed to to the NVC for the Affidavit of Support packet. Then he went to meet with the CO. He was a middle aged, white, American man. He asked "basic" questions. My husband said he asked a lot of questions about my religion. He asked why I chose to convert to Islam and if I have other friends who also did this. He also asked how many people came to our wedding and why we didn't have a large wedding (traditional) and my husband told him it's because my family wasn't able to attend. He asked if we want kids and how many. He asked if I have plans for the future for myself, my career. My husband told him I want to go to nursing school. He asked many questions about my trips to Morocco. My husband told him I was currently there and that the longest I'd stayed was 90 days. He showed him all my old plane tickets. He asked where we went for our honey moon & my husband answered. He asked my husband what he plans to do for work in the US & my husband told him he plans to find work in a factory until he can find work in his profession (film making). The CO literally tore our binder apart. He removed the sleeves from the rings to look at everything.

My husband said he felt very confident and felt like the interview went great until the CO gave him the Administrative Processing paper & said "we'll call you." He did keep his passport. A few hours later, we were e-mailed the DS5535 form. He completed it & emailed it to the Consulate.

Now we just wait, again. Our priority date is July 5, 2017. I just wish we could start our life. 💔😭 I had to leave Morocco again without my husband by my side.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I am sorry that you have to endure this, frankly I have no words other than, keep strong. The fact that they kept his passport is a good thing, let's hope that the AP is processed quickly and that you're not waiting too long. 

I just don't get it!!! WTH! You're both young and have no red flags, these people over there I swear are just too much BUT then you have the most ridiculous pairings, ones that are so marked with red flags that they  can be the posterchild for the walking RED FLAG and they get approved. SMDH , I am sorry :(

Edited by Hobidyali

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

I am sorry that you have to endure this, frankly I have no words other than, keep strong. The fact that they kept his passport is a good thing, let's hope that the AP is processed quickly and that you're not waiting too long. 

I just don't get it!!! WTH! You're both young and have no red flags, these people over there I swear are just too much BUT then you have the most ridiculous pairings, ones that are so marked with red flags that they  can be the posterchild for the walking RED FLAG and they get approved. SMDH , I am sorry :(

yes, i completely agree with you. this is taking a toll on my health. i really need to be with my husband and I'm considering quitting my job and ending my lease to move to Morocco.

this is completely unfair. 

5 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

yes, i completely agree with you. this is taking a toll on my health. i really need to be with my husband and I'm considering quitting my job and ending my lease to move to Morocco.

this is completely unfair. 

Honestly, the fair and just side of me is angry as hell, I can't stand their way of working over there, I swear I can't understand it. Ashley, give it a couple of weeks, if you see that there's no change and you have the ability to move and wait it out there, than explore that option , this truly has made me frustrated, just know you're not alone in this, we are all in this together and feel your pain, stay strong xoxo

Edited by Hobidyali

Timeline

Ok, I have news to tell everyone on this forum.

i started this long march in September of 2014 I applied for an IR-1 visa, my wife came to Morocco, and stayed here.

i was deported in November of 2012 for overstaying my F-1 student visa. I went for the first interview  September 2017 the CO was pretty happy with my answers and he told me that if I hadn’t been deported i would’ve been approved right away. So I was told to file waivers. 

My lawyer insisted that my wife should be home in the US before filing the waiver which we did, he filed the waivers in May 2018. October 2018 they were approved I-212 & I-601. A week later I received an email from the US embassy telling me that I needed to update some expired documents, they still had the passport from 2017. After I did that, I mailed it through aramex. They contacted me 2 days later and asked me to come for a second interview. I went there with the $325 immigration fee, the CO asked me to solemnly swear that all the information on file is true, I did that, then I had a few questions for him about social security card, whether I could import my US car back, and when should I be in the US by. Very helpful guy, so I paid the fee and while I was doing that they were having some sort of electrical issues that day power went out and came back. After that I waited from February 8 I was on administrative processing, no ds5355. 

March 8 they updated it to ready and today March 9th it says issued, my wife and I are ecstatic. The conclusion of 5 years of work and anxiety. My lawyer did a superb job. Mr Edward Shulman in Elmwood Park New Jersey.

dont give up hope, you will get there, and a great lawyer can make all the difference.

good luck to all in your endeavor!

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Honestly, the fair and just side of me is angry as hell, I can't stand their way of working over there, I swear I can't understand it. Ashley, give it a couple of weeks, if you see that there's no change and you have the ability to move and wait it out there, than explore that option , this truly has made me frustrated, just know you're not alone in this, we are all in this together and feel your pain, stay strong xoxo

thank you very much ❤️ :( 

18 minutes ago, Ataibna3na3 said:

i started this long march in September of 2014 I applied for an IR-1 visa, my wife came to Morocco, and stayed here.

i was deported in November of 2012 for overstaying my F-1 student visa. I went for the first interview  September 2017 the CO was pretty happy with my answers and he told me that if I hadn’t been deported i would’ve been approved right away. So I was told to file waivers. 

My lawyer insisted that my wife should be home in the US before filing the waiver which we did, he filed the waivers in May 2018. October 2018 they were approved I-212 & I-601. A week later I received an email from the US embassy telling me that I needed to update some expired documents, they still had the passport from 2017. After I did that, I mailed it through aramex. They contacted me 2 days later and asked me to come for a second interview. I went there with the $325 immigration fee, the CO asked me to solemnly swear that all the information on file is true, I did that, then I had a few questions for him about social security card, whether I could import my US car back, and when should I be in the US by. Very helpful guy, so I paid the fee and while I was doing that they were having some sort of electrical issues that day power went out and came back. After that I waited from February 8 I was on administrative processing, no ds5355. 

March 8 they updated it to ready and today March 9th it says issued, my wife and I are ecstatic. The conclusion of 5 years of work and anxiety. My lawyer did a superb job. Mr Edward Shulman in Elmwood Park New Jersey.

dont give up hope, you will get there, and a great lawyer can make all the difference.

congratulations on your visa. i'm happy you get to be reunited with your wife in the us. ❤️ 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

@Ataibna3na3 I'm happy that your visa is finally issued after many long years of waiting. Glad you found a lawyer that was helpful for you, however, there isn't much lawyers can do in regards to administrative processing due to the DS-5535 form. It's an extensive background check that generally can't be expedited, even with the intervention of a congressman or lawyer. It's mostly a waiting game. 

The good news for OP is that most DS-5535 cases are eventually approved, though it make take several months to over a year of waiting. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

22 minutes ago, Ataibna3na3 said:

This is wayyyyy diferent, and she will not need to wait that long plus the circumstances are different but you're right, it all works out in the end.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

so sorry you are going thru this

i will assume he was from Fes or north of Fes

correct me if i am wrong

There is a section here for ds55I35

Even they kept the passport the process is not fast

they keep passport to ensure the Moroccan does not travel during the ds 5535 security checks as that would mean additional security checking for the countries the person traveled to /understanding that even if a person travels to a European freindly country,  it is possible to travel from there to a nonfriendly area

join the facebook ds5535 page 

it will open your eyes

2 of our VJ members received the dreaded form in December 

one for his wife/  he teaches English here

the other is a man and teaches English in the northern area along the Mediterrean

so ,  education does is not the issue

nor income

it is because in 2017 there were 12  terrorists groups broken up in Morocco with the biggest one in Fes

It is because the 2 European girls were beheaded in the Atlas Mts in December with 15 Moroccans arrested

the ds5535 was added in 2017 for additional security checks when the CO feels it is necessary

Timeline
Just now, adil-rafa said:

correct me if i am wrong

they keep passport to ensure the Moroccan does not travel during the ds 5535 security checks as that would mean additional security checking for the countries the person traveled to /understanding that even if a person travels to a European freindly country,  it is possible to travel from there to a nonfriendly area

it will open your eyes

the other is a man and teaches English in the northern area along the Mediterrean

nor income

it is because in 2017 there were 12  terrorists groups broken up in Morocco with the biggest one in Fes

It is because the 2 European girls were beheaded in the Atlas Mts in December with 15 Moroccans arrested

the ds5535 was added in 2017 for additional security checks when the CO feels it is necessary

my husband is from casablanca, born & raised.

never traveled outside of morocco. he's never even been to fes.

i'm in that facebook group.

thank you ❤️ 

1 minute ago, adil-rafa said:

correct me if i am wrong

it will open your eyes

nor income

Yea because a young woman and man who are married with no record definitely struck a cord with the CO that something was amiss, crock of bull! THese people at the Consulate should all get fired! Messing with peoples dates, no order in those dates, approving absurdities that are clear fraud then denying the young couple, or the teacher, I am riled up over here, wlh it's alot, frustrating !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hobidyali said:

This is wayyyyy diferent, and she will not need to wait that long plus the circumstances are different but you're right, it all works out in the end.

it can be months,  it can be a year 

be prepared

when they added the ds5535 they did not add the additional staff to do this security checking

men and women from pakistan,  morocco , and so many other countries are going thru this process 

some have been in a year and more

hopefully you and the other who's case is still in Casa and not returned to the USA will have the embassy doing the inhouse checking 

if you are notified the case is returned to the US for the ds5535 it takes a lot longer as it is turned over to Homeland Security here to work on and at this time , they are overloaded with the ds5535

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hobidyali said:

Yea because a young woman and man who are married with no record definitely struck a cord with the CO that something was amiss, crock of bull! THese people at the Consulate should all get fired! Messing with peoples dates, no order in those dates, approving absurdities that are clear fraud then denying the young couple, or the teacher, I am riled up over here, wlh it's alot, frustrating !

I'm 100% behind you. This is straight BS! Neither of us have ANY criminal record. We've never traveled to Turkey, which everyone has been asking us. We've never been to Fes. I am the only sponsor, no co-sponsor. I'm a law-abiding, tax-paying, US citizen married to a law-abiding, friendly, hippie man for the past 2 years. This is NOT fair. I've seen people get approved without any issues and been S H O C K E D that they didn't get scrutinized w/ all their red flags. We're the same age, we're the same religion, we're absolutely in love & missing each other. I agree, they should all be in trouble there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.