GraandTim

I-130 and K3/k4?

13 posts in this topic

Hey everyone 

I filed for my husband on February 26 and just received the i797C. Just wanted to find out what comes next and how long is the wait. We are also filing for the k3 hoping to speed up the process. Has anyone done this?

To bring a spouse to America the only way is I-130. K3 is obsolete as they do not process those anymore. You will need to wait till the forwarding service center can review your petition. My priority date was October 12 2018 and recieved a NOA2 in February 12 2019. Mines was also sent to Potomac SC and it took mines about 4 months (123 days). All you can do is wait till you get the second notice. Congrats for starting the process and good luck!

Edited by naz94

CR1/IR1 for Hubby

Marriage:                           2018-08-19

Sent in I-130:                     2018-10-09

NOA1:                                 2018-10-17

Priority Date:                     2018-10-12

*Potomac Service Center*

NOA2:                                 2019-02-12

Sent to Dept of State:      2019-02-21

NVC Received:                  2019-03-01

Received Case #:              2019-04-03

Pay AOS Bill:                      2019-04-03

Pay IV Bill:                          2019-04-03

Submit DS-261:                 2019-04-06

Submit I-864:                     2019-04-08

Send AOS Package:          2019-04-16

Send IV Package:              2019-04-16

NVC RFE:                            2019-04-23 

Resubmitted RFE:             2019-04-24

Case Complete:                2019-05-14

Interview Letter:                2019-09-16

Interview:                           2019-10-22    APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
12 minutes ago, GraandTim said:

Hey everyone 

I filed for my husband on February 26 and just received the i797C. Just wanted to find out what comes next and how long is the wait. We are also filing for the k3 hoping to speed up the process. Has anyone done this?

it will all depend on the background checks how fast it can get done but from start to finish average completion is 12-14 months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

They approved 5 K3 petition last year (2-Mexico, 1-Netherlands, 1-Bahamas, 1-Honduras) vs 106,000+ CR1/IR1s. 

So it's not impossible but it's not likely....

31 minutes ago, GraandTim said:

Hey everyone 

They are going to close k3 and start cr1. It's not going to speed up anything. Your petition won't be approved for another year, gotta wait just like everyone else. 

Edited by Roel

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

On 3/7/2019 at 2:43 PM, naz94 said:

To bring a spouse to America the only way is I-130. K3 is obsolete as they do not process those anymore. You will need to wait till the forwarding service center can review your petition. My priority date was October 12 2018 and recieved a NOA2 in February 12 2019. Mines was also sent to Potomac SC and it took mines about 4 months (123 days). All you can do is wait till you get the second notice. Congrats for starting the process and good luck!

Thank you, best of luck with your process. 

On 3/7/2019 at 2:43 PM, naz94 said:

Thank you, all the best on you process. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/7/2019 at 11:33 AM, GraandTim said:

Hey everyone 

Yes but the 130 was approved before the k3.  It took from May 30, 2018 to Dec 6, 2018 for USCIS to approve the 130. But if I were you I’d still do the k3. It doesn’t cost anything and the form isn’t complicated and it might speed things up for you. Everyone’s case is different 

40 minutes ago, CJO032418 said:

Yes but the 130 was approved before the k3.  It took from May 30, 2018 to Dec 6, 2018 for USCIS to approve the 130. But if I were you I’d still do the k3. It doesn’t cost anything and the form isn’t complicated and it might speed things up for you. Everyone’s case is different 

Wow yours was faster than a lot of the ones I’ve seen here. And I am starting to see that each case is different, the reason we are trying to get the k3 is mainly to get k4 because my husband’s ex just gave him the kids. We had plans to apply for them once he was settled here but now we need a plan to bring them all here together. I’m don’t make enough to qualify to apply for all of them at the same time. So I’m praying this works because it’s our best shot. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
14 hours ago, GraandTim said:

Wow yours was faster than a lot of the ones I’ve seen here. And I am starting to see that each case is different, the reason we are trying to get the k3 is mainly to get k4 because my husband’s ex just gave him the kids. We had plans to apply for them once he was settled here but now we need a plan to bring them all here together. I’m don’t make enough to qualify to apply for all of them at the same time. So I’m praying this works because it’s our best shot. 

@GraandTim did you file  I-130 for each with 3 separate payments? I read there haven't been any approvals for the K3 in a while you know things change every year just like the new poverty amounts. I am at the same service center and I just filed 1/25 for all 3 my husband and our 2 daughters my NOA1 was 1/29. I checked the processing time and it says from 8-10 1/2 months for NOA2 but that is the estimated time some I have seen get it back in like 4 or more depending on there packets. I would look into you filing for 3 total with 3 different payments now just to be on the safe side. Good luck to you and all of us 

I really doubt if it is a K-3.  It sounds more like a CR-1.  We filed in September and were approved by USCIS in January.  We are at NVC now and requested an expedite for school.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 hours ago, Justus Forever said:

@GraandTim did you file  I-130 for each with 3 separate payments? I read there haven't been any approvals for the K3 in a while you know things change every year just like the new poverty amounts. I am at the same service center and I just filed 1/25 for all 3 my husband and our 2 daughters my NOA1 was 1/29. I checked the processing time and it says from 8-10 1/2 months for NOA2 but that is the estimated time some I have seen get it back in like 4 or more depending on there packets. I would look into you filing for 3 total with 3 different payments now just to be on the safe side. Good luck to you and all of us 

You and I are in the same timeline it’s seems, best of luck on yours. No I hadn’t applied for the children yet because according to the financial guidelines we won’t qualify. So I guess we’ll just have to wait and see, I’ve seen some people complete their process in 6 to 7 months, they say it depends on the wait time of wherever you filed and where your spouse is.

legally you can file a k3 on behalf of your spouse while you're waiting for your 130 to be approved. if the 130 is approved before the k3 the k3 will be administratively closed and merged with the 130. uscis will purposely approve the 130 first. the previous post is right. the number of k3s can be counted on one hand. if its costs anything more than a stamp don't bother.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.