Thaer

Can b2 Visa be revoked if child applys after parent is approved?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My mother in law got approved for a B2 visa a few weeks ago. We also wanted her youngest child who is 12years to travel with her but was told by family/friends that we should have the mom file first and if she gets approved then to file for the child. So today she went to an immigration office in Jordan to ask and they told her the child might get the visa but there is also a chance of getting her visa revoked as well since she didn't apply for him at the time she applied for herself. So now we are worried if we will lose her visa but also we want to try and get him to come with her. She has 4 other daughters who are older and can take care of them selves. The father passed away years ago. do you think we should wait a month or two before applying for the child since her trip is not set till june?

Is this something that happens often with visa being revoke for applying for a family member ?

Thank you

Hard to tell how a CO might view a minor applicant's application when a parent recently applied separately. The child is likely to get the visa because the mom got it, but entirely within the realm of possibilities that the mom's visa could be revoked if a CO saw fit. Your MIL won't be the first one trying to game the system, and COs are all to familiar with this tactic. 

I've seen threads where a spouse's visa was revoked when the partner applied within a short while, but not seen this effect with a child's application. A member here recently did the same and the child got the visa. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

The B2 certainly can be revoked when the child applies.

From the scenario you have posted it is highly likely it will be revoked as the B2 was basically obtained by deception by declaring she was the only traveller but really wanted to travel with the child and 'played' the system.

It was a really bad idea.

34 minutes ago, Thaer said:

My mother in law got approved for a B2 visa a few weeks ago. We also wanted her youngest child who is 12years to travel with her but was told by family/friends that we should have the mom file first and if she gets approved then to file for the child. So today she went to an immigration office in Jordan to ask and they told her the child might get the visa but there is also a chance of getting her visa revoked as well since she didn't apply for him at the time she applied for herself. So now we are worried if we will lose her visa but also we want to try and get him to come with her. She has 4 other daughters who are older and can take care of them selves. The father passed away years ago. do you think we should wait a month or two before applying for the child since her trip is not set till june?

Is this something that happens often with visa being revoke for applying for a family member ?

Thank you

I think your mother in law should visit the US and upon returning she should then apply for her son when she is going on vacation again. The Co will see that she has visited and return and might approve her son''s visa. She should give it some time before applying.  

On the mom's ds160, what did she say where it asks "whom are you traveling with"? 

I-751 journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have never actually come across this scenario but to answer your question a visa can be revoked, in this set of circumstances, well never seen it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Thaer said:

So today she went to an immigration office in Jordan 

What do you mean by “an immigration office”? The US embasssy/consulate? Or some kind of agent?

by the way does Jordan follow most other us embassies, allowing you to apply for under14s whose parent have a visa without an interview?

Edited by SusieQQQ

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

What do you mean by “an immigration office”? The US embasssy/consulate? Or some kind of agent?

by the way does Jordan follow most other us embassies, allowing you to apply for under14s whose parent have a visa without an interview?

She went to the embassy and they directed her to an agent office that helps people fill our applications for the US embassy.

Yes according to the embassy website children under 14yr are not required an interview as long as one of the parents have a valid visa.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Thaer said:

Thank you

Is your spouse a USC?

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Thaer said:

no , she has a "green card"

Neither "mom" nor the child have a path to remain so that is favorable 

YMMV

3 hours ago, WeGuyGal said:

On the mom's ds160, what did she say where it asks "whom are you traveling with"? 

this?

I-751 journey

6 minutes ago, Thaer said:

I believe we put by her self

At odds

5 hours ago, Thaer said:

I-751 journey

2 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

At odds

Yea, I should have just done them together, we just really wanted to make sure her mom at least gets a visa to aid her daughter with her first birth. I never thought they could revoke the moms visa the worst I thought was that the child just gets denied. Im not trying to play games just trying to do what's best for my wife. since she came to this country she has been lonely and home sick and since she was very close to her youngest sibling I thought it would be great for him to be here for a little while.

thanks for your help and advice guys. I still don't know exactly how im going to approach this but we have a few months to think it over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.