dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2019

1,194 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Jay and Hime said:

Oh okay. I just went ahead and paid my fees tonight. Will check back in 2 days to see if I can upload my docs. Good luck! 

Thank you and good luck to you as well.  Praying for speedy processing

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, lpag21 said:

When did you initial submitted the documents?

I submitted on 22nd Feb. 

on 7th March they asked for Tax return Transcript of my Petitioner and Joint Sponsor. (They rejected Tax return and supporting docs)

I resubmitted on 18th March.

18 hours ago, nastra30 said:

Once you get your visa you can pay the green card fee (immigrant fee) online before you enter the US or after you enter the US.

Its best to pay for it up front to slow down any confusion my wife card came to the home mail in one week after she got here along with her social security card 

13 hours ago, bishnup said:

my case was approved by uscis on march 19. how do i know my file is transferred to Nvc ? Does they update on my USCIS online account ?

Exactly the same situation. Approved on March 19th. Did you find out if it was transferred to NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Christophersnow11 said:

Its best to pay for it up front to slow down any confusion my wife card came to the home mail in one week after she got here along with her social security card 

I concur.

Though there are certain situations where it's not even necessary to pay it at all. Like if the person is a minor child of a US citizen and will acquire US citizenship upon landing on US soil. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
10 hours ago, lpag21 said:

Anyone submitted 3/21? any CC or RFE

I submitted March 21 and still waiting for CC. ME YOU AND SOMEONE ELSE WAITING FOR CC.

Timeline
1 hour ago, nastra30 said:

I concur.

Though there are certain situations where it's not even necessary to pay it at all. Like if the person is a minor child of a US citizen and will acquire US citizenship upon landing on US soil. 

No still have to pay.

1 hour ago, Ammy said:

Exactly the same situation. Approved on March 19th. Did you find out if it was transferred to NVC

I am planning to do the same thing, pay before I leave.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, nyokie said:

No still have to pay.

I am planning to do the same thing, pay before I leave.

@nyokie. That's not correct. As a child (below 18 yrs who 'acquires' citizenship through parent) of a US citizen you don't have to if you don't need the green card. You can simply enter and apply for a passport.

Edited by nastra30

Timeline
39 minutes ago, nyokie said:

No still have to pay.

11 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

@nyokie. That's not correct. As a child (below 18 yrs who 'acquires' citizenship through parent) of a US citizen you don't have to if you don't need the green card. You can simply enter and apply for a passport.

I have been involved with same discussions like this in the past and I wouldn't want to hijack this thread for that so here's a couple of the threads.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

I meant to say no you don't have to pay. Yes you are correct. they don't have to get it if they don't want it. they can simple apply for a passport.

My husband did the same thing for my daughter and we just apply for her passport.

We finally got the new Korean PCC.  We submitted everything to NVC last night.  Now we see what the expedite can do for us.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ammy said:

No  not yet. What about yours.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi guys i have some issues on my wife surname. When i applied i130 i just put her last name. Now she made a passport adding my surname. Do i have to call nvc to update the surname or i can do it later when i got the case no from nvc? Or i can process without adding my surname ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.