Greenbaum

MARCH 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,540 posts in this topic

Timeline
36 minutes ago, GaLy said:

Okay our questions are

1. after the instructions letter ( which we have yet to receive) and completion of the 3 steps where do we pay the embassy fee?  Do we submit the ds-160 then follow the pay the fees link at ceac.state.gov ?

2. how soon will the interview be after after completion of the instructions letter?

3. if interview is approved how long will it take for VOH? I plan to attend the interview if we can fly back together afterwards in a few days.

4. Is it okay to follow the instructions 1. ds-160 & 3. medical test without a the letter from BS Embassy or before case ready?

Thanks

Ill see if I can answer the questions based on my experience with my K1 (Bahamas)

1. The fee is going to be paid at the embassy on the day of the interview. Bring exact cash as I don't think they normally have change..

2. It depends on how many persons may be ahead of you waiting to schedule interviews. I was able to get a date within a week and a half I think. K1's and visas of the like are done on select days. The embassy will notify you via email as to the date of your interview. You can either accept that date or ask for another one. There wont be the option to just pick one from the calendar

3. My passport was ready to pickup in 3-4 days

4. Could you do your medical prior to the notice from the embassy probably... but my understanding is that the Embassy in Nassau prefers that you wait until you receive notice from them so that's what I would recommend

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
4 minutes ago, dboy3k said:

Ill see if I can answer the questions based on my experience with my K1 (Bahamas)

1. The fee is going to be paid at the embassy on the day of the interview. Bring exact cash as I don't think they normally have change..

2. It depends on how many persons may be ahead of you waiting to schedule interviews. I was able to get a date within a week and a half I think. K1's and visas of the like are done on select days. The embassy will notify you via email as to the date of your interview. You can either accept that date or ask for another one. There wont be the option to just pick one from the calendar

3. My passport was ready to pickup in 3-4 days

4. Could you do your medical prior to the notice from the embassy probably... but my understanding is that the Embassy in Nassau prefers that you wait until you receive notice from them so that's what I would recommend

Great info thanks.  We already set the medical for the 14th.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/2/2019 at 4:47 PM, SanjaAlex said:

We're Greenbaum's favorite group, I just know it! 😊 We should all stay here until we get citizenship! All in favor say AY! 😂😂

On 5/3/2019 at 12:11 AM, msrodriguez said:

I’m not going anywhere! Gonna post my wedding pictures here too 😂😂😂

Ohhh only to citizenship.... that seems a bit of a short time.... he would miss us too much when we have all gone.... I'm setting up a permanent home in this thread :)

Cant wait to see the pics!!! please post many as we all know @Greenbaum loves to see all the happy faces and the amount of space it takes... hmmm maybe we could all invite him to the weddings so he can feel the happiness in close quarters. 

Oh and quick update.... 2 days until interview ekkkkkk!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Helenlc said:

Ohhh only to citizenship.... that seems a bit of a short time.... he would miss us too much when we have all gone.... I'm setting up a permanent home in this thread :)

Cant wait to see the pics!!! please post many as we all know @Greenbaum loves to see all the happy faces and the amount of space it takes... hmmm maybe we could all invite him to the weddings so he can feel the happiness in close quarters. 

Oh and quick update.... 2 days until interview ekkkkkk!

We're gonna turn this thread to wedding pics gallery soon, just for Greenbaum 😁😁

Good luck on the interview!!! ❤️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I have a question @Greenbaum. The consulate in Guangzhou received our case on 4/29. Today 5/8 they put our case in “administrative processing.” Is this normal to be done before we’ve even received packet 3?

13 minutes ago, mia305au said:

I have a question @Greenbaum. The consulate in Guangzhou received our case on 4/29. Today 5/8 they put our case in “administrative processing.” Is this normal to be done before we’ve even received packet 3?

China marches to a different drumbeat.  AP usually is that your record is being "touched" which i believe the are preparing your case and the sending of the P3. Here is a little help. 

The GUZ P3 is what prevents people in China from getting a head start, they want the instructions page mailed back with the requested documents.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp#KVisaPetitions

P3 Letter for China:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gcrLW0OCkGfdz43tehWNmgDayJUrRTdj/view?usp=sharing

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview. K visa applicants will be notified by the U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview. You cannot schedule your interview appointment till such time as you have been sent the P3 letter from the Embassy and have returned the requested documents. 

Here is some help from other members here on VJ:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/94-china/

And the Portal here on VJ for processing in China and what to expect
http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=China&cty=Guangzhou

and the http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp

Don't waste time while you're waiting for P3, complete DS-160 and print confirmation page. Since you are from China go to the 2nd link below and click immigrant to register under K1 visa. After you register and enter info it should be clear on how to pay fee, make sure you print bank deposit slip. Just follow directions under Nonimmigrant Visa, but make sure when you register K1 is under Immigrant Visa. 

Directions go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-niv-visaapply.asp 

Register(Create Account) https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=China 

After you register make sure to choose K1 visa under Immigrant, it wasn't an option for under non-immigrant. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mepck said:

Thanks a lot!!! Yours soon🙏🏻

I sure hope so, thank you 😊

Lovely @Helenlc has her interview today 🤞 and my beautiful @Sofia Cast tomorrow! So excited about these two! Can't wait to hear the good news! Anyone else with interview date coming up? 

3 minutes ago, mepck said:

Thanks a lot!!! Yours soon🙏🏻

I sure hope so, thank you 😊

Lovely @Helenlc has her interview today 🤞 and my beautiful @Sofia Cast tomorrow! So excited about these two! Can't wait to hear the good news! Anyone else with interview date coming up? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Helenlc said:

I have officially graduated the @Greenbaum Class of March NVC 2019 👩‍🎓

Interview today and after a slightly stressful situation regarding my sons citizenship (apparently he has the right to be american by birth which we had to renounce or wait longer for that to process) we are APPROVED!!!!!  

We will be flying out on the 31st of May and will be getting married on the 19th of July!!! 

Thank you everyone for all the help and support and will now put my best cheerleader costume on to support all you guys 💕

Congrats lovely!!! So excited for you 😘🎉😘🎉

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SanjaAlex said:

Congrats lovely!!! So excited for you 😘🎉😘🎉

Thank you very very tired but so excited and happy!!!! you soon!!!

24 minutes ago, Helenlc said:

I have officially graduated the @Greenbaum Class of March NVC 2019 👩‍🎓

Interview today and after a slightly stressful situation regarding my sons citizenship (apparently he has the right to be american by birth which we had to renounce or wait longer for that to process) we are APPROVED!!!!!  

We will be flying out on the 31st of May and will be getting married on the 19th of July!!! 

Thank you everyone for all the help and support and will now put my best cheerleader costume on to support all you guys 💕

Congratulations!! :thumbs: I need to do the happy dance in your honor :dance::dance::dance:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.