Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Gigi2017 said:

I’ve got an email on Sunday for my online inquiry that said they’ll reply by August 26.

Oh that’s another waiting period 😑 but hopefully a good news! Praying for everyone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, americaninlove said:

Ah , got it. Fingers crossed it will pass our date next week. Today moved to March 9th (which is a saturday -- was not expecting they would have cases dated on a weekend) so hoping tomorrow moves to the 11th and then we are CLOSE!! Any update on your AP? That is the one we are waiting for as he really needs to get home ASAP.

AP is included with EAD. A combo card 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 8/5/2019 at 12:14 PM, Gigi2017 said:

Okay, I just hung up the phone. An extremely rude Tier2 woman called me back. She said she see that I requested an inquiry online yesterday but she doesn't know why because my case is not out or processing time. I was like "what are you talking about? I'm holding my NOA letter in my hand and my PD is March 6". She started to argue with me and said my Noa for the EAD is March 11. I told her that I'm looking at the website and even the egov. site says March 6. She said they have extremely high inquiry now so she can't do anything. I asked if my AOS package is already signed to an officer or is it at the basement somewhere and she said my field office hasn't sign my AOS to anyone yet.

Great, great, great...

When are you considered out of normal processing times? Our PD is March 18th and we haven't heard a thing since my fingerprints 103 days ago. 😩

Timeline
2 hours ago, SusannZ said:

When are you considered out of normal processing times? Our PD is March 18th and we haven't heard a thing since my fingerprints 103 days ago. 😩

I'm in exactly the same situation as you and my date is March 19th. When I checked earlier today they counted anything before March 9th as out of normal processing times so hopefully we can send in our inquiries in 10 days or so. 

Anyone on here in Connecticut?

Hartford, CT field office?

event.png

K1

NOA1: May 10th 2018

NOA2: October 30th 2018

NVC Received: November 30th 2018

Embassy Received: December 27th 2018

Medical: January 14th 2019

Interview: January 22nd 2019 (Approved subject to medical approval), Medical approved and sent to the embassy: 24th January 2019

Visa in Hand: February 1st 2019

AOS / EAD / AP + OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS (WHICH MAY BE USEFUL TO KNOW)

POE: New York (JFK) February 6th 2019

SSN: Applied in SS Office on February 7th (New Haven)

Wedding: February 14th ❤

SSN Card received: February 20th

Marriage certificate received: February 21st, Passed Driving test theory (CT): February 21st, Opened first bank account (CT): February 21st

Attended 8 hour driver safety course (CT): February 23rd

AOS / AP / EAD sent: March 7th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD received: March 9th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD payment taken: March 25th, 2019

Driving Road Test: March 29th, 2019 (Passed)

NOA1: All received by mail: April 2nd, 2019

Biometrics Appointment: April 19th, 2019 (Hartford, CT) - Good Friday

Telephone Request to Expedite I-131: May 31st, 2019 (Financial Loss)

Email from USCIS requesting info: June 6th, 2019, Information faxed: June 6th, 2019

Telephone Request to Expedite I-765: July 2nd, 2019

CARD IN PRODUCTION - YIPPPPEEEEEE July 3rd, 2019. Hallelujah! lol

EAD/AP Combo card received: July 8th, 2019.

AOS Interview (Hartford): December 4th, 2019, AOS Approval: December 5th, 2019 (Text / online notification)

Greencard Received: December 12, 2019

FROM K1 NOA1 to GREEN CARD IN HAND: 581 DAYS (1 YEAR, 7 MONTHS AND 2 DAYS).

Here we go again on the crazy USCIS train! 

I751 Application filed 6th September, 2021

24 month extension letter received

N400 Application filed online 6th September, 2022

28th February, 2023 : 48 month extension letter received

13th March: N400 updated to 'Interview was Scheduled'

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 hours ago, Oakmen said:

I'm in exactly the same situation as you and my date is March 19th. When I checked earlier today they counted anything before March 9th as out of normal processing times so hopefully we can send in our inquiries in 10 days or so. 

It's so crazy that it's taking so long while others already had their interview! 😩 

For those who expedited...my husband has called twice now about expediting his AP (his father is terminally ill). Both times they said they would send him something within five days. Well last time he called was a week ago. The woman was great and helpful but a week later and he’s gotten nothing by phone, email, or mail (and yes he confirmed all three with her). I’m just not sure what else to do!! 

On a side note, the case date for inquiry moved to March 10 today, which is a Sunday. How can they receive cases on a Sunday?? Ugh. We are the 15th so patiently waiting...

Hi,I'm an April filer.I just wanted to inquire how long it takes after USCIS notifies you that they have received your RFIE to case scheduled for interview?Do they send you a paper notification that they have received the case?The wait is too long,just tired of waiting,waiting...Anyone out there with the an estimate time?

Thank You!

Edited by Wilson KE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Wilson KE said:

Hi,I'm an April filer.I just wanted to inquire how long it takes after USCIS notifies you that they have received your RFIE to case scheduled for interview?Do they send you a paper notification that they have received the case?The wait is too long,just tired of waiting,waiting...Anyone out there with the an estimate time?

Thank You!

I want to know how long it takes too I sent mine 7 days ago

So just an updated. For my online inquiry I’ve got an update on the egov “old” site that’s says they didn’t assign my inquiry to anyone. I called them and asked Tier2 what is that mean. The guy said they’re experiencing so many inquiries so it’s like a game someone get assigned and get approved while the others still have to wait on the line. I asked him what line is he talking about because my NOA is March 6 and still no EAD for me while April and May filers are having their interview and getting their EAD so what line are we talking about? Basically he said that inquiry doesn’t promise you to get the EAD . It depends how lucky you are. I am extremely furious. @Romei can you share your antidepressant with me??

Edited by Gigi2017

7 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

So just an updated. For my online inquiry I’ve got an update on the egov “old” site that’s says they didn’t assign my inquiry to anyone. I called them and asked Tier2 what is that mean. The guy said they’re experiencing so many inquiries so it’s like a game someone get assigned and get approved while the others still have to wait on the line. I asked him what line is he talking about because my NOA is March 6 and still no EAD for me while April and May filers are having their interview and getting their EAD so what line are we talking about? Basically he said that inquiry doesn’t promise you to get the EAD . It depends how lucky you are. I am extremely furious. @Romei can you share your antidepressant with me??

Just hang in there!! I am taking fluoxetine as prescribed by the doctor 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Estonia
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

What's the egov "old" site? I want to check that as well haha. 

I talked with my lawyer yesterday, and she said she is seeing a lot of her clients not even getting the EAD or AP. They aren't even processing them, because they are trying to just give people GC's instead. She is seeing people getting their interview date and GC before ever seeing progress on the EAD/AP. Now, keep in mind this is for the San Antonio office in Texas, so it could be different elsewhere. 

6 minutes ago, hhimp said:

What's the egov "old" site? I want to check that as well haha. 

I talked with my lawyer yesterday, and she said she is seeing a lot of her clients not even getting the EAD or AP. They aren't even processing them, because they are trying to just give people GC's instead. She is seeing people getting their interview date and GC before ever seeing progress on the EAD/AP. Now, keep in mind this is for the San Antonio office in Texas, so it could be different elsewhere. 

There are 2 sites. 

One is the egov.uscis.org and the other one is my.usics.gov. They're basically the same, however the my.uscis.gov not always shows any update. This side is useless until the naturalization process. You'll have to apply through the my.uscis.gov site for the naturalization. Until then, use the egov.uscis.org site.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.