Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 I-129F FILERS

777 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

K1 petitioner here. So I sent in my packet on February 11th, and it was received by USCIS Texas Lockbox on February 14th.

I then received a text on February 19th stating that they received the packet and I should look for the I-797 form that was apparently sent out on the 19th.

I haven't received as of yet. When I logon to my USCIs account and look at my pending cases it says that I don't have to do anything at this time. 

Is this a big problem? I did call the service center and they said they will send out another notice but it will take something like 30 days.

If the USCIS website says I don't have any actions I need to take atm should I be concerned? 

Does not getting the NOA1 make a huge difference? If on my online account says I don't have to do anything does that mean I'm basically approved and don't need to do a RFE

Just feeling tense because of this whole lost in the mail thing. Any feedback on this would be super helpful. And I hope everyone else's cases are going well!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

It means what it says: they've received your case and you don't have to do anything now besides waiting till they start reviewing it. It further says that they'll reach out to you if they need something from you when they start to review it. And that will take a while from now.

The one you spoke to said that they'll send the note again so it's not a big deal that the other one got lost. No worries 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi everyone 🤗 we sent our petition on February 14th it was received by uscis on February 15th ( we sent it with FedEx) and we get our noa1 on February 22 and the hardcopy was on February 25 😊😊 

It has been 1 month now but I feel like it's a year 

Btw  is that true that uscis is going faster now? I have seen people getting approved in only 3 or 4 months!! 

I hope everyone gets their noa2  fast . Good luck

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 3/21/2019 at 3:37 PM, US&TN said:

Hi everyone 🤗 we sent our petition on February 14th it was received by uscis on February 15th ( we sent it with FedEx) and we get our noa1 on February 22 and the hardcopy was on February 25 😊😊 

It has been 1 month now but I feel like it's a year 

Btw  is that true that uscis is going faster now? I have seen people getting approved in only 3 or 4 months!! 

I hope everyone gets their noa2  fast . Good luck

You will see people that get approvals by 3.5 months and sadly people who wait almost 12 months. There’s no  right answer but it could take 4-8 months.

You first month is almost gone. Just think that maybe by the end of the year everything will be different. I wish you and every February filer have a smooth process. ✌🏻

Timeline
On 3/23/2019 at 3:27 AM, FaithProfessoR said:

You will see people that get approvals by 3.5 months and sadly people who wait almost 12 months. There’s no  right answer but it could take 4-8 months.

You first month is almost gone. Just think that maybe by the end of the year everything will be different. I wish you and every February filer have a smooth process. ✌🏻

Yeah I know that's it's different from case to another but I thought that uscis is moving faster like it used before ..

Anyway thank you for your respond and I wish you the best of luck in your Visa journey too 😊

A few days ago we realized that we forgot to mark the multiple file box and the date of naturalization is wrong in our form. I wonder if there is an effective way to correct it? Oh, they have to realize the real information, or wait for an RFE?
I appreciate any help!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Miosotty M said:

A few days ago we realized that we forgot to mark the multiple file box and the date of naturalization is wrong in our form. I wonder if there is an effective way to correct it? Oh, they have to realize the real information, or wait for an RFE?
I appreciate any help!

You should wait for RFE

5 hours ago, Miosotty M said:

I appreciate any help!

This letter has worked for others to correct errors or for missing documentation or errors that you would like to update, correct or add.

I-129F Supplement

<PETITIONERS ADDRESS HERE>

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

California Service Center

P.O. Box 30111

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0111

Dear USCIS,

I, <PETITIONER NAME>, forgetfully omitted XXXXXXXXX in my I-129f petition for alien fiancé and have sent this supplement to provide the missing information. The contents included in this supplement are: <State your supplements here>

I wish to please request that the documents included in this supplement be added to my i-129f petition for alien fiancé. 

Information about my petition:

Receipt number:

Receipt notice date:

Petitioner:

Petitioner's date of birth:

Beneficiary:

Beneficiary's date of birth:

Signed,

<Signature and printed name>

<Date>

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey so I posted previously about our hard copy NOA1 not being delivered and our case status stating it had been sent back to the USCIS and we had to request a new one. Anyway my question is ...we got notified on February 22nd by text that out petition was received etc and the the hardcopy was in the mail so I was under the assumption that the new one we requested would have the notice date of the one that got return due to not delivered ( so a notice date of a week or so after the notification by text) ... however the new NOA1 they sent out has a notice date of 03/20/19  ...should I go by the date we got the notification by text or the notice date on the second copy of NOA1? I hope this whole missing the post hasnt set us back a month 🙄😥 I thought it would have simply been back dated to the same as the original

3 hours ago, US&TN said:

You should wait for RFE

They don't need to as I have provided information on how to correct their mistake. Waiting for an RFE when you know your mistake is going to cause extra problems on the back end.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

3 minutes ago, nooglez22 said:

Hey so I posted previously about our hard copy NOA1 not being delivered and our case status stating it had been sent back to the USCIS and we had to request a new one. Anyway my question is ...we got notified on February 22nd by text that out petition was received etc. and the hardcopy was in the mail so I was under the assumption that the new one we requested would have the notice date of the one that got return due to not delivered ( so a notice date of a week or so after the notification by text) ... however the new NOA1 they sent out has a notice date of 03/20/19  … should I go by the date we got the notification by text or the notice date on the second copy of NOA1? I hope this whole missing the post hasn't set us back a month 🙄😥 I thought it would have simply been back dated to the same as the original

The date has nothing to do with anything. It's used for nothing. You can take a deep sigh of relief now and relax.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:52 PM, Mike Kohan said:

We are also in this month, mailed the package on the 6th and text was received on the 15th and letter on the 19th, waiting and counting days now ! 

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:16 PM, suntofu said:

Hi everyone,

K1 petitioner here. So I sent in my packet on February 11th, and it was received by USCIS Texas Lockbox on February 14th.

I then received a text on February 19th stating that they received the packet and I should look for the I-797 form that was apparently sent out on the 19th.

I haven't received as of yet. When I logon to my USCIs account and look at my pending cases it says that I don't have to do anything at this time. 

Is this a big problem? I did call the service center and they said they will send out another notice but it will take something like 30 days.

If the USCIS website says I don't have any actions I need to take atm should I be concerned? 

Does not getting the NOA1 make a huge difference? If on my online account says I don't have to do anything does that mean I'm basically approved and don't need to do a RFE

Just feeling tense because of this whole lost in the mail thing. Any feedback on this would be super helpful. And I hope everyone else's cases are going well!

The NOA1 is only to informed you that they received your application and have successfully cashed you money and they are now beginning the background checks and the adjudication of your application.  The NOA1 is just that and is not used for anything else. So if you have a copy great, if you don't you are still great. The NOS2 is a document you want as it is still used for the submittal of the AOS package after marriage. There is no concern that you should have.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The date has nothing to do with anything. It's used for nothing. You can take a deep sigh of relief now and relax.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Thank you....everywhere I read said the notice date determined you place in the que so to speak so I was slightly freaking out that we'd been bumped a month ...thank you for easing my nerves 😂😁

Just now, nooglez22 said:

Thank you....everywhere I read said the notice date determined you place in the que so to speak so I was slightly freaking out that we'd been bumped a month ...thank you for easing my nerves 😂😁

There is no que. The pace at which your file is adjudicated is all based on so many factors and each can be different for another who is applying on the same day you do. Don't compare yourself to others and don't be concerned if someone is approved before you because you will be approved before someone else. It's just the way the system works.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.