Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, TheLedgerFiles said:

How did you get the notice of what day you will be getting the visa? 

Canada post sends you updates via email.  Us consulate sends the first one then canada post follows up with tracking numbers

Timeline
12 hours ago, Blondie0216 said:

They changed it April 1 2019

That’s weird ; my interview was on May 1st and my fiancé accompanied me. He just had to show his US passport and was allowed into the building to wait with me in the main hall where you are called up to the windows. He didn’t come up to the document review window or the interview room though. I did see others with their fiancés too, and the hall was not crowded at all. 

If this is a new rule, Montreal probably just delayed a bit in enforcing it (maybe due to the fact that it was still chilly out there in May or they just relaxed the new rule for a bit since they anticipated that nobody was aware of it yet).

It is bad that they have this new rule.. really mean in my opinion. I don’t see the issue with allowing the petitioner in. 

Timeline

I am sorry to hear that you had to wait outside. Wonder why they are doing that now though. There were many vacant chairs and lots of standing room available inside when we were there; so I cannot understand their  logic in blocking petitioners. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rotnkid said:

Wonder why they are doing that now though. There were many vacant chairs and lots of standing room available inside when we were there; so I cannot understand their  logic in blocking petitioners. 

From: https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/montreal/security-procedures/ (under Consular-Related Visitors)

"Due to waiting room size, the large volume of applicants and the time required to screen consular clients, persons not meeting the criteria above will not be permitted to accompany an applicant. Drivers, friends, and extra relatives, including the relatives of interpreters, must wait outside or return to meet the applicant after the interview has been completed. "

During my interview in mid-February there were 25+ people in the waiting room. The security guard had to shuffle us around to fit everyone on the K1 side. Sucks that they changed it. I feel for those going during snow season.  If only they could expand the interviews to other than Wednesdays. :(

Timeline

Visa was delivered !!!! HOLY MOLY CANNOLI!!!! :wow: :dance:

I'm sorry I'm just so excited and amazed. I couldn't have gotten this far without visa journey so honestly THANK YOU everyone!

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
1 hour ago, sweethrtt said:

I'm sorry I'm just so excited and amazed. I couldn't have gotten this far without visa journey so honestly THANK YOU everyone!

Yep same here, got it about 2 hours ago. I just booked my flight to NY :P

Timeline
11 hours ago, sweethrtt said:

What number were you on Wednesday? Were you wearing black and were you totally adorably freaking out when you came out with your paper?

if that was you, you TOTALLY made

me cry and I wanted to hug you so bad!

😍😭😍

Timeline
18 hours ago, OkFine2019! said:

What number were you on Wednesday? Were you wearing black and were you totally adorably freaking out when you came out with your paper?

if that was you, you TOTALLY made

me cry and I wanted to hug you so bad!

😍😭😍

That was definitely me!! Number 2! 🤣🤣 I was totally freaking lmao such a good moment could have used a hug 🤗

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
24 minutes ago, sweethrtt said:

That was definitely me!! Number 2! 🤣🤣 I was totally freaking lmao such a good moment could have used a hug 🤗

It was amazing from my side. I’m sooo happy for you. 

BIG HUG!!!

Timeline
19 hours ago, OkFine2019! said:

It was amazing from my side. I’m sooo happy for you. 

BIG HUG!!!

Thank Youuuu! 

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline

My K1 entry was in the system when I checked the I-94 record online after a couple of days of entry, but when I went to the  SSA office, it showed up in their system that my status was B2 and not K1. My previous B2 (visitor) status was still showing up and not my current status of K1 🙄.  I went back again yesterday and the lady there told me that they will have to do manual verification as it was still showing mismatch and that this issue is seen with some K1 visas (mismatch between DHS and SSA records). She said I will get the card in either 4 weeks or later with the green card.  I guess I was just one of the unlucky mismatched ones.  So I am not sure if  the online l-94 entry record is any helpful as mine showed the K1 entry. She suggested me to ask for a SS card with the  EAD application too and wait. She told me  that I could bring in the duplicate cards (if I get them both from SSA and USCIS) if they are with two different numbers and she would cancel one of them. 

I don’t think you need to be worried about the I-94 online record now as long as there are no typos/errors on the physical 1-94 card they gave you at POE.  Verify that carefully. I would suggest you to go to the SSA office and apply for a Social security card and see what they say. For all you know you could be in the system though It doesn’t show online (mine was the reverse) and you should be fine. Good luck!

On 5/27/2019 at 3:51 PM, Mila062019 said:

Hey guys, can anyone tell me about their i-94 on entry. I’m a little concerned that mine hasn’t shown up in the system yet.. 

2 hours ago, Baylor said:

They changed their rules in April. Only allow petitioners if they are US citizens

Oooooooo so is the difference u.s. citizens vs U.S. PRs? That's interesting. I'm really curious to know why some recent people have been let in and others have not (I.e. someone after April mentioned they got in)

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.