Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Received Visa package and passport today and a couple hours later entered US at Windsor/Detroit Tunnel.  Took 15 minutes in total, the majority of the time the officer was typing information. My car was jammed with personal items.  My fiancé who was directly behind me crossing border had his car full too and he didn’t even have to go to secondary inspection.   They never asked either of us for inventory.  Didn’t really ask me anything other than when we planned on marrying (next Friday).  Also warned about trying to cross border without Advance Parole or Green Card.  I asked them for a copy of my medical, as I understood it needed to be submitted with the AOS docs but they said they couldn’t give it to me, plus I didn’t need it.  They had never heard of needing it, and said since I already had it done as part of the K1 process I didn’t need another medical for the AOS.   Does anyone know if this is true?   Doesn’t make sense to need 2 medicals so close to one another, but I would like to make sure before I send I-485 without it.  I have the AOS docs ready to send as soon as we have marriage certificate so any advice is greatly appreciated.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, Lori Johnson said:

I asked them for a copy of my medical, as I understood it needed to be submitted with the AOS docs but they said they couldn’t give it to me, plus I didn’t need it.  They had never heard of needing it, and said since I already had it done as part of the K1 process I didn’t need another medical for the AOS.   Does anyone know if this is true?   Doesn’t make sense to need 2 medicals so close to one another, but I would like to make sure before I send I-485 without it.  I have the AOS docs ready to send as soon as we have marriage certificate so any advice is greatly appreciated.  

Did you make a copy of your medical? You can submit a photocopy of that for AOS as long as it is marked complete. A medical IS required for AOS, either a completed DS-3025 or I-693 (done in the US by a civil surgeon if DS-3025 was incomplete).

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Vans said:

Did you make a copy of your medical? You can submit a photocopy of that for AOS as long as it is marked complete. A medical IS required for AOS, either a completed DS-3025 or I-693 (done in the US by a civil surgeon if DS-3025 was incomplete).

Would that be the copy that’s provided by the doctor? Because otherwise we cant open the envelope to photocopy what’s in there. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, KristineGB said:

Would that be the copy that’s provided by the doctor? Because otherwise we cant open the envelope to photocopy what’s in there. 

Sorry I meant the DS-3025. I interpreted medical = DS-3025. That's all we need for AOS.

Timeline
On 6/13/2019 at 9:56 PM, Lori Johnson said:

Received Visa package and passport today and a couple hours later entered US at Windsor/Detroit Tunnel.  Took 15 minutes in total, the majority of the time the officer was typing information. My car was jammed with personal items.  My fiancé who was directly behind me crossing border had his car full too and he didn’t even have to go to secondary inspection.   They never asked either of us for inventory.  Didn’t really ask me anything other than when we planned on marrying (next Friday).  Also warned about trying to cross border without Advance Parole or Green Card.  I asked them for a copy of my medical, as I understood it needed to be submitted with the AOS docs but they said they couldn’t give it to me, plus I didn’t need it.  They had never heard of needing it, and said since I already had it done as part of the K1 process I didn’t need another medical for the AOS.   Does anyone know if this is true?   Doesn’t make sense to need 2 medicals so close to one another, but I would like to make sure before I send I-485 without it.  I have the AOS docs ready to send as soon as we have marriage certificate so any advice is greatly appreciated.  

You should have received a copy of your DS-3025 from the physician that completed your medical (it's confirmation that you've received all your vaccines).  Submit that with your AOS.  

Timeline

I called USCIS this morning. I was informed that since my medical was done May 13th, and it was in my file that I presented at POE, and that they will be receiving, that I do not need anything further.   Has anyone sent their I-485 with no medical docs and if so, was that acceptable?  I also read a document that basically confirmed what I was told - since medical is current I don’t need to do anything else.  

Timeline
On 6/17/2019 at 5:30 PM, Lori Johnson said:

I called USCIS this morning. I was informed that since my medical was done May 13th, and it was in my file that I presented at POE, and that they will be receiving, that I do not need anything further.   Has anyone sent their I-485 with no medical docs and if so, was that acceptable?  I also read a document that basically confirmed what I was told - since medical is current I don’t need to do anything else.  

i was under the impression that if you entered on a k1 visa you don't need to send any medical documents in until after a year has passed because they check your medical exams at the k1 visa interview stage

Timeline

Hi everyone I'm alittle late to the party haha. I have my interview this wednesday and super excited! I just want to clarify some things quick. 

1. Petitioner can enter with his us passport? We have a newborn so I don't want to be separated for too long. 

2. Do you still get tracking if you didn't xx pay the extra fee?

3. For those who got it Friday how far do you live? I live in Windsor Ontario and with July 1st being a holiday in hoping I don't need to wait long! 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, PurelyRavage said:

Hi everyone I'm alittle late to the party haha. I have my interview this wednesday and super excited! I just want to clarify some things quick. 

1. Petitioner can enter with his us passport? We have a newborn so I don't want to be separated for too long. 

2. Do you still get tracking if you didn't xx pay the extra fee?

3. For those who got it Friday how far do you live? I live in Windsor Ontario and with July 1st being a holiday in hoping I don't need to wait long! 

Thanks!

1. This has been kind of a toss up, we've had someone mention they let U.S. passport petitioners in. Some people have said they don't let any petitioners in. I'd try getting in if you are going to be in MTL anyway. 
2. Yup!
3. Did not get ours on Friday (got it the following Thurs in Vancouver, issued/shipped on that Mon or Tues). Once they hit "issued" they typically get to you pretty fast, 2-3 days. But be mindful there is always a chance of AP, the time it takes the passport to return is more based on how long it takes to be issued. 

Edited by MeghanK

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all!

I leave for Montreal next week. Yaaay! So excited and nervous, anyone who had their interview already have any advice or tips for the interview and medical. (Both will be in Montreal) I've read there is a sheet they give during the interview about the documents you need, does anyone remember what was listed? Just want to be fully prepared. 😊

9 hours ago, Irush93 said:

Hey all!

I leave for Montreal next week. Yaaay! So excited and nervous, anyone who had their interview already have any advice or tips for the interview and medical. (Both will be in Montreal) I've read there is a sheet they give during the interview about the documents you need, does anyone remember what was listed? Just want to be fully prepared. 😊

This should help: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/03/Packet4-MTL.pdf

You can bring more if you want just for your own comfort, like everything from the I-129f packet, extra relationship proof since i-129f filing, etc. but they usually don't end up asking for any of it. The interview is a breeze! Make sure to get a copy of your vaccination documentation worksheet (form DS-3025) at the medical and if all your vaccinations are complete make sure that form is checked showing so.

Good luck! :)

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
10 hours ago, Irush93 said:

Hey all!

The staff at the Montreal consulate were great, I had a really positive experience doing my interview there.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, KristineGB said:

Did anyone bring a photocopy of their i129f to their interview and was it asked for?

Yes, we did but they did not ask for it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.