Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, OkFine2019! said:

Ours says administrative processing too. How long is AP normally?

I think if you are born IN canada and a citizen from birth it takes 2 days? I'v seen other people get it issued on friday and received on monday

WOAH i just checked mine already got issued just now....

VJkPeEr.png

Edited by purem4g1c

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Brylie said:

Yay! It was a great day and you are so awesome! Thank you for waiting with me after you finished up! The relief is insane! Have you looked at CEAC yet? Ours says administrative processing already!

You are awesome too, so happy to have met you! I was happy to wait with you! It was an amazing moment to finally get that pink slip! I can believe it but my status changed to ISSUED!!! Omg I can’t believe it! 

C364B859-4F0B-4890-931C-4A64E6503161.jpeg

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
14 minutes ago, purem4g1c said:

I think if you are born IN canada and a citizen from birth it takes 2 days? I'v seen other people get it issued on friday and received on monday

VJkPeEr.png

Mine was ISSUED too! OMG 😮 perfect surprise to start my birthday weekend! 🥳🥳🥳

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline

1 hour ago, purem4g1c said:

VJkPeEr.png

I just got the email with the tracking number! 😱🥳😱🥳🥳🥳🥳

I am in shock at how fast that was! 

Check your email!!!!

Edited by sweethrtt
Removing quote
Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Brylie said:

Ours is still in AP. 

Congrats guys! I’ll be stalking CEAC all day lol.

Does it say immigrant visa application or non immigrant visa application at the top? If it’s the latter that means your super super super close to the visa being issued! The steps go: immigrant visa application ap > nonimmigrant visa application ap > issued!! 

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
1 minute ago, Brylie said:

I don’t understand. It says immigrant visa application ap

Immigrant visa application is the immigrant unit doing their work to process the visa. Once they are done it will change to nonimmigrant visa application then you know you are in the last steps and it will soon change to issued! You are super close!! 

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
1 minute ago, Brylie said:

Cool. It’s still early so maybe today!!! Fingers crossed! When will you have yours?

I got the tracking number around 11am so I’m thinking by Monday or Tuesday I should have my passport and visa packet! Holy ####### I have so much stuff to do lol ahhhhhh I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off 🤣🤣🤣

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Brylie said:

It’ll be there Monday I bet. Maybe tomorrow

That would be amazing! The Canada Post website has updated yet so it'll probably be on its way tomorrow and arrive Monday!

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think Canada post will update later today. Usually Canada post starts to move documents after 4 to 5 pm. Been throwing things in suit cases to get ready. The end is near this is the first time I have felt it was "really" happening lolol.

Timeline

Just a heads up for anybody reading this! For AOS you are going to need DS-3025 (Vaccination Documentation signed by the Panel Physician) from what I have read here if you provide this you do not need to provide form I-693. If I am wrong in any way please correct me! Just an added note if you want the extra security you can also get a copy of the I-693! 

I only learned that from the lovely people waiting in line with me yesterday! I called my panel physician, Dr. Ian Zatzman, and was able to get a copy since they did not provide one to me originally. I'm going to pick it up from their office tomorrow! 

So in the case you do not get a copy contact your panel physician and they will provide it to you! This will just make AOS much easier!

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
2 minutes ago, purem4g1c said:

I think Canada post will update later today. Usually Canada post starts to move documents after 4 to 5 pm. Been throwing things in suit cases to get ready. The end is near this is the first time I have felt it was "really" happening lolol.

Gotta love Canada Post 😅 It hit me like a ton of bricks! Can't wait to finally see it updated in their system though and the "Out for Delivery" ooooo goodness me I have never been this stress free in a long while 😋

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
4 minutes ago, KristineGB said:

Was anyone’s American fiancé allowed to attend the interview with them?

Sadly No. If they do come with you they will have to wait outside.

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.