Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, LOve17 said:

I guess we'll never really know why they do what they do behind closed doors. The best you can do is fill it out and send it over ASAP and hope for a really fast response. The few people that have gotten this form out of Montreal have gotten their Visas approved within a few months. Good luck! 

Wow it takes that long? Few months?

Timeline
Just now, KristineGB said:

Wow it takes that long? Few months?

Sadly it takes a long time! This form consists of "extra vetting" so it takes them a while to complete. People in a lot of Middle Eastern countries have been waiting 6 months to over a year for any word after being given this form. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take as long in Canada. You can check out this thread below.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, LOve17 said:

Sadly it takes a long time! This form consists of "extra vetting" so it takes them a while to complete. People in a lot of Middle Eastern countries have been waiting 6 months to over a year for any word after being given this form. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take as long in Canada. You can check out this thread below.

Thank you! Wasnt even aware of this

Timeline
14 hours ago, TheLedgerFiles said:

Did anyone happen to get a request for a form DS-5535? My fiancé had his interview this morning, and was told that he was approved. Then later today got an email with a request for that form. Any help is appreciated. I have been trying to go through the forums trying to get more info...

he got a pink pink slip stating he was approved. 

Please keep us posted. Praying for you guys!

13 hours ago, TheLedgerFiles said:

Yes, born in Canada. And he has never been outside of Canada/USA. 

Who received the email? You or him? 

Timeline
Just now, LOve17 said:

From experience, when did everyone send in their P3? Did you wait for an email or did you wait for a second ready? Thanks.

I waited about two weeks. Then I sent it in even if I didnt get the letter yet. About the day after I sent off my P3 via email, I got the P3 letter from in the mail. 

On 7/3/2019 at 6:56 AM, KristineGB said:

Please keep us posted. Praying for you guys!

Who received the email? You or him? 

He received the email shortly after his interview. He’s almost done filling out the paperwork and will be getting it emailed back to the consulate within the next day or two. 

Timeline

having my interview in Aug and super nervous! Ive been preparing documents for the past couple weeks with my fiance but i keep on thinking that im forgetting something.

1. DS-160

2. Passport + photocopy
3. Medical exam report (doing next week)

4. Form I-134 ( with supporting documents eg: W2, 2016 2017 2018 Tax Return & Transcript, Bank Statements from January until June, Pay stubs from Jan until June, Documents showing Stock and Bonds)
5. Passport Photos  x 2

6. Birth certificate (long form) + Photocopy

7. updated intent to marry

8. proof of relationship (pictures and letters from my boss and friends and copies of receipts of flights from our recent travels)

9. police certificate (which im still waiting for)

10. email with the appointment date

11. email with proof of payment

12. Copy of the front page of the I-129F

Am I missing anything? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, xakc said:

having my interview in Aug and super nervous! Ive been preparing documents for the past couple weeks with my fiance but i keep on thinking that im forgetting something.

1. DS-160

2. Passport + photocopy
3. Medical exam report (doing next week)

4. Form I-134 ( with supporting documents eg: W2, 2016 2017 2018 Tax Return & Transcript, Bank Statements from January until June, Pay stubs from Jan until June, Documents showing Stock and Bonds)
5. Passport Photos  x 2

6. Birth certificate (long form) + Photocopy

7. updated intent to marry

8. proof of relationship (pictures and letters from my boss and friends and copies of receipts of flights from our recent travels)

9. police certificate (which im still waiting for)

10. email with the appointment date

11. email with proof of payment

12. Copy of the front page of the I-129F

Am I missing anything? 

That is everything. I just had my interview today. They never wanted to see my proof of relationship,  of ds-160, not even my i-129f. I had them all though just in case. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Irush93 said:

That is everything. I just had my interview today. They never wanted to see my proof of relationship,  of ds-160, not even my i-129f. I had them all though just in case. 

How did it go?

On 7/2/2019 at 4:21 PM, TheLedgerFiles said:

Did anyone happen to get a request for a form DS-5535? My fiancé had his interview this morning, and was told that he was approved. Then later today got an email with a request for that form. Any help is appreciated. I have been trying to go through the forums trying to get more info...

he got a pink pink slip stating he was approved. 

How long ago did he fill out the DS-160? Did he have to include all his social media info when he filled it out? If I'm understanding right, the new DS-160s now ask for all (or most?) of the info that is in the DS-5535 per a new policy, so it could simply be that he just missed the new DS-160 so they are asking for that same info in retrospect. I could be wrong but that's just my guess. I wouldn't stress too much about it.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
On 7/10/2019 at 12:26 PM, Irush93 said:

Just double checking - they want Canadian passport-sized photos, right? U.S. passport-style photos are a slightly different size.

EDIT: found the size requirements in Packet 4 (5cm x 5cm or 2 inch x 2inch)

Edited by Buster & Hitch
found info to my question

Timeline

Has anyone imported a vehicle to US yet?   Any tips?   I know you need letter of compliance from mfg, which I have.  Do the daytime running lights need to be disconnected?  Someone who imported vehicle 7 years ago told me that, but maybe it’s changed.  I haven’t seen anything in my research to that effect.  I also understand you do NOT need to change instrument cluster to mph to import it, but that may cause an issue with the buyer if trying to sell.  Unfortunately my car is foreign in kms only and the speedometer is not electronic.  Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Timeline
17 hours ago, Buster & Hitch said:

Just double checking - they want Canadian passport-sized photos, right? U.S. passport-style photos are a slightly different size.

EDIT: found the size requirements in Packet 4 (5cm x 5cm or 2 inch x 2inch)

US sized passport style photos. You're immigrating to USA not Canada.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.