Kristi&Luigi

February 2019 - AOS Filers!!!

701 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kyle&Ana said:

In advanced parabole did u guys wrote a letter for part 7 ... On a separate piece of paper explain how you qualify for a advanced parabole document??

nope we just put brief explanation why we wanted the AP Ex: Family Celebration and days how long you wanted to stay to your country.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Looking for some input here, I will continue reading this thread, but I married on 2/2/19, mailed AOS 2/7/19, was delivered 2/9/19, and it took them 17 days to process the payment. Payment to my credit card just processed on 2/26/19. I was thinking I messed something up. Has anyone else paid via credit card and had it take that long. Hopefully I get the noa1 in the next week or so. I was wondering if it is possible it takes them longer to process applications with credit cards compared to cashier's checks or money order? Seems like a long time for me. Thought it would be faster with a credit card. If anyone else used a credit card how long did it take for the charge to show up? Thanks in advance for your input.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Looking for some input here, I will continue reading this thread, but I married on 2/2/19, mailed AOS 2/7/19, was delivered 2/9/19, and it took them 17 days to process the payment. Payment to my credit card just processed on 2/26/19. I was thinking I messed something up. Has anyone else paid via credit card and had it take that long. Hopefully I get the noa1 in the next week or so. I was wondering if it is possible it takes them longer to process applications with credit cards compared to cashier's checks or money order? Seems like a long time for me. Thought it would be faster with a credit card. If anyone else used a credit card how long did it take for the charge to show up? Thanks in advance for your input.

Loren...I went through almost the same thing like you, but my payment was from my attorney.

Sent:  1/25/19

Recd:  1/28/19

NOA1: 2/13/19 (!!!!!!)

Bio: scheduled for next week... actually scheduled just 2 days AFTER NOA1...2/15/19 - and have NEVER received notice about it - except for my Attorney getting notification on Monday and telling me yesterday.  I even have email and text notifications set-up, and I still didn't even get notification that my appointment is next week.  Had I missed it, they would've considered my AOS application - ABANDONED!

Trust me...I'm like the King Whiner on these pages because of the time-frames.  Like so many others have said...just try, try as hard as you can, to grit your teeth and endure the time-frames.  No one likes'em, and it's even more frustrating seeing others report mere days between steps.  I guess I can claim one of those "days" time-frames: took them just 2 days to schedule my Bio from the time I got my NOA1.  Yay...I guess?

Hang in there!

Edited by Northerndynasty

Timeline
1 minute ago, Northerndynasty said:

Loren...I went through almost the same thing like you, but my payment was from my attorney.

Sent:  1/25/19

Recd:  1/28/19

NOA1: 2/13/19 (!!!!!!)

Bio: scheduled for next week...just 2 days AFTER NOA1...2/15/19 - and have NEVER received notice about it - except for my Attorney getting notification on Monday and telling me yesterday.  I even have email and text notifications set-up, and I still didn't even get notification that my appointment is next week.  Had I missed it, they would've considered my AOS application - ABANDONED!

Trust me...I'm like the King Whiner on these pages because of the time-frames.  Like so many others have said...just try, try as hard as you can, to grit your teeth and endure the time-frames.  No one likes'em, and it's even more frustrating seeing others report mere days between steps.  I guess I can claim one of those "days" time-frames: took them just 2 days to schedule my Bio from the time I got my NOA1.  Yay...I guess?

Hang in there!

I've been looking thru the threads, I should get some emails or texts today. Looks like most people received them the day after their card was charged, that would be today for me. I was just worried I messed something up, and was giving it till Monday before I was going to send a whole new package for AOS. Since I saw the payment now, I'm hoping to get some notifications soon. I need the noa1 or the letter for authorized stay to extend her state ID card. It was only good for 90 days, and they said can't extend until I have the I797 letter.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Loren Y said:

I've been looking thru the threads, I should get some emails or texts today. Looks like most people received them the day after their card was charged, that would be today for me. I was just worried I messed something up, and was giving it till Monday before I was going to send a whole new package for AOS. Since I saw the payment now, I'm hoping to get some notifications soon. I need the noa1 or the letter for authorized stay to extend her state ID card. It was only good for 90 days, and they said can't extend until I have the I797 letter.

So...when the payment processed, that night I received 4 texts and 4 emails concerning each application.  Maybe they aren't set up right, or double-check your spam or junk (I'm sure you already have).  Ironically, I called the USCIS Customer Care line on 2/12, and whaddya know...on 2/13, I got all the alerts of my AOS package being entered and NOA1s issued.  Maybe coincidence, maybe it needed to get someone to look for that one package that slipped behind the filing cabinet.  Who knows?!  I was fearful (at first) of calling, but after speaking with them, they actually seemed rather decent.  

Good wishes to ya!  We're all in this together...and we'll all get there, eventually!  (But I totally can appreciate your time-constraints).

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Northerndynasty said:

So...when the payment processed, that night I received 4 texts and 4 emails concerning each application.  Maybe they aren't set up right, or double-check your spam or junk (I'm sure you already have).  Ironically, I called the USCIS Customer Care line on 2/12, and whaddya know...on 2/13, I got all the alerts of my AOS package being entered and NOA1s issued.  Maybe coincidence, maybe it needed to get someone to look for that one package that slipped behind the filing cabinet.  Who knows?!  I was fearful (at first) of calling, but after speaking with them, they actually seemed rather decent.  

Good wishes to ya!  We're all in this together...and we'll all get there, eventually!  (But I totally can appreciate your time-constraints).

Good to know. Nothing yet in the spam or email, or texts. It should be fine though, I got all the emails and notifications when I did the whole K1 fiasco, so I would think I would get them in this case also because everything is the same email and phone number wise. I'll call them next week if nothing happens. Maybe my file is behind the cabinet now... LOL.

1 hour ago, Loren Y said:

Our package was delivered on the 14th, they have yet to withdraw the money (I’m also using credit card) I am planning to give them a call by Friday if there is no updates from them. 

Timeline

Went to NW Houston office this past Monday. The office was not busy and they allowed us to be a walk-in. We used our copy of the letter and no one mentioned anything about it being a copy. I’m so glad we got this out of the way.

Edited by jbpshsu

Timeline

How long  did you guys wait before you received your NOA1 for your AOS? Ughh I haven't heard from USCIS. We sent our docs last Feb. 16 and they received it 19. :(

02/12/2018- Mailed the Documents to USCIS

Timeline
37 minutes ago, IamPrettyNatz said:

How long  did you guys wait before you received your NOA1 for your AOS? Ughh I haven't heard from USCIS. We sent our docs last Feb. 16 and they received it 19. :(

I received my NOA1 8 days after they received my case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tajikistan
Timeline
22 hours ago, Zoe M said:

We sent in the AOS application on 02/20, they received it 02/22 (6:07AM) and our check was cashed yesterday! We haven't gotten any texts or emails yet though.. hopefully soon though!

Two weeks since it was delivered and still the check is not cashed! I wrote them a check from my personal account. Strange!

Edited by mdma11
spelling

Timeline

been 8 days. :( jeez this is so confusing. Some Feb Filers got their noa1 3 days after USCIS received their case. :( 

02/12/2018- Mailed the Documents to USCIS

Timeline
5 hours ago, delance8 said:

Hi,

My package was delivered on February 8th and I've received no notifications yet. Cheque hasn't been cashed either. I've emailed the Chicago lockbox support but they take 15 days to respond apparently. Is there any other course of action I can take at the moment?

Thanks

Just hung on there. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.