Voice of Reason

US shutdown: Trump angered by Democrat rejection of 'compromise'

161 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, yuna628 said:

Eh life happens.:P

At the time I went through this in these cases, vitalchek was not an option. The only option was to go into the vital records office of the county you reside in and beg for mercy? :lol: Of course when it comes to births not registered, and I suspect this is the case with my dad, it's a whole other ball of wax. But I might give it a shot with vitalchek for him, just in case. The DVR is one state agency I loathe just as much as the DMV. It all sounds so simple in the instructions, and then you get there... where they have no provisions for people who just don't have the things they think 'normal' people should have. It's not the norm for a lot of people I'm sure, but statistically it is the norm for a bunch of groups of people and in that way it does affect those people who once had the ability to vote just fine, or want to vote in the future.. it's a problem. I don't want it to be a problem for anyone. Pre-80s here, a lot of people did not receive a BC, but another document that looks similar (there was no ordered structure either.. they all look different). These were accepted by the state for years with no problems, and I have no idea why they still can't be, it would be a lot more helpful to some older folks. My own original BC, looked very different than the certified copies we receive today. It was a tiny thing and I think if I even had it and tried to use it, they'd reject it too.

Let me know how it goes for your dad.  Might not be possible, him not having a BC originally.  But you don’t have to process the order til the very end, so you can at least go thru all the steps to see if any errors get flagged, at least.  And I am with you... the DMV sux, as does the DVR and the VA.  I try to avoid at all costs!

7 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

We have spoken before?  Sorry, due to my early-onset Alzheimer’s, I may have forgotten.  This is how I make new friends daily!  😜

No, I don’t remember.  So much more to life than this forum that I have to memorize, so forgive my tired old brain.

What you detailed cannot be the norm, anywhere.  I still have my original BC, torn, on some sort of foil paper.  It has seen better days, torn a bit, but still legible.  However, just to see if I experienced the pain you did in obtaining a copy, I went to vitalchek.com and ordered a replacement.  Took me about 4 minutes of several pages of entries, $28 to the state, $9 to vitalchek, free shipping via regular mail (expedited was available for about $19), and voila, I had a birth certificate replacement on the way.  While I feel for your situation, where people don’t have a birth certificate, this cannot be the norm in the US.  All I had to provide in the way of ID was the full names of myself and my parents.  Nothing more.  No DL, no other form of ID.

Early onset what?  There is the fertilizer North Korea needs 

You know we had both houses and the white house for 2 years. Maybe we need to drain the Republican swamp

2 hours ago, spookyturtle said:

Read up on it and see how the Republicans voted. 

Arlen specter changed parties amd tipped the democrats to their 60th vote in the senate

9 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

You know we had both houses and the white house for 2 years. Maybe we need to drain the Republican swamp

I believe the last Federal Election did drain some of the never Trumper

Yes, if there is anyone whom is not loyal to Trump in the GOP, they need to be gone ASAP

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

3 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

I believe the last Federal Election did drain some of the never Trumper

Yes, if there is anyone whom is not loyal to Trump in the GOP, they need to be gone ASAP

Mittens has been a cancer in the GOP. I think Johnny Isakson GA is putting a rope around his neck 

24 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Mittens has been a cancer in the GOP. I think Johnny Isakson GA is putting a rope around his neck 

Yea,  I don't like him.  

He might of had a chance against Obama if he would of tried, He is heartless 

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

13 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I am all for that and I have advocated as much on here for years 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

51068996_10157460388842137_6229423954847

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
20 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

the last Federal Election did drain some of the never Trumper

Yeah -- the 41 Republican incumbents who didn't run for re-election and thereby created open races that the Democrats could win.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).