user54321

b2 cancelled without just cause. any options?

82 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, user54321 said:

well said, however the work thing is irrelevant. that was a private conversation between her and I. I originally  only ask it out of curiosity.

to your other point,  yes. that makes sense. but business owners do have more freedom than those who work for someone else.

In all honesty, would she have cleaned any houses while she was here ?  I suspect the answer is yes.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, user54321 said:

well said, however the work thing is irrelevant. that was a private conversation between her and I. I originally  only ask it out of curiosity.

to your other point,  yes. that makes sense. but business owners do have more freedom than those who work for someone else.

Honestly, at this point you need to stop

trying to convince everyone here that you were wronged, somehow. 

Entering the US is not a right bestowed upon anyone, unless they are a citizen.

CBP didn’t trust her intent, and therefore her visa was revoked.  It’s just that black and white.

What you need to do is move forward, since you cannot change what happened yesterday.

2 minutes ago, JFH said:

Let us suppose for a minute that she was successfully admitted for 70 days. What exactly was she planning to do all that time? Especially if you are going to continue working each week? How much money did she have with her? Why 70 days? What would happen to her job back home during that time?

as I said, spend time with family and friends, we had various activities planned.

money with her,,,  not sure.

70 days was just a number. I mean, she was staying until end of march, just turned out to be 70 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Denial at POE on a B2, the officer does not have to explain why entry was denied, or even why the B2 was cancelled.  Sounds like the main reason was the five month stay before, then wanting to stay for two months this trip, plus she has a boyfriend in the US, and because she owns a business she has no reason to return to Colombia anytime soon.  Weak ties to her home country.  Love interest in the US.  All of that looks like intent to stay, marry you, and adjust status, which is visa fraud.

Timeline
1 minute ago, carmel34 said:

Denial at POE on a B2, the officer does not have to explain why entry was denied, or even why the B2 was cancelled.  Sounds like the main reason was the five month stay before, then wanting to stay for two months this trip, plus she has a boyfriend in the US, and because she owns a business she has no reason to return to Colombia anytime soon.  Weak ties to her home country.  Love interest in the US.  All of that looks like intent to stay, marry you, and adjust status, which is visa fraud.

and she had secret intent to work without authorization...imo.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, Cryssiekins said:

Honestly, at this point you need to stop

trying to convince everyone here that you were wronged, somehow. 

I never said I was wronged. this thread has taken a turn completely away from my question actually.

as I said,.. I understand they were suspicious, but how can they cancel her visa without just cause? she did not violate the terms of her visa.

they can deny entry if they think she might, yes. but cancel it????  that don't seem right.

3 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

thanks for reply. well said.

I never said I was wronged. this thread has taken a turn completely away from my question actually.

as I said,.. I understand they were suspicious, but how can they cancel her visa without just cause? she did not violate the terms of her visa.

they can deny entry if they think she might, yes. but cancel it????  that don't seem right.

They believe she was attempting to violate the terms of her visa. That’s “just cause” to them. Their job description is to treat every visitor as a potential illegal immigrant until they are satisfied that they are genuinely visiting. There’s no “innocent until proven guilty”, quite the opposite. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, user54321 said:

File for a K1 for her, or go to Colombia and marry her, return, and file for CR-1.  The B2 cancellation should not affect those visa applications.  K1 takes about a year, CR-1 maybe 14 months.  Or move to Colombia and live with her.  Those are your options now.

Timeline
1 minute ago, user54321 said:

I understand they were suspicious, but how can they cancel her visa without just cause?

There was just cause.......every non-citizen who requests entry into the US is automatically assumed to have intent to stay illegally........failure to convince CBP otherwise IS just cause...

I will ask her to look for that. where might it be located?

On the visa page, the opposite page or back pages of passport. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.