IAmTheRainKing

My Fiancée and I use FaceTime - how do we show phone logs?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

My husband and I didn't text/Facetime every day, so we had not much to send. We sent 7 pictures ( 3 or 4 with family / friends in it) and the airline tickets of all our trips together and our trips to see each other as proof and got approved (K1) without RFE. I wouldn't worry too much bout the phone logs.

Edited by C90

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 minutes ago, IAmTheRainKing said:

Hi,

My fiancée and I communicate every day via text and FaceTime video. Because of this there are no phone logs that we can send as proof of our ongoing relationship. Anyone else that's relying on FaceTime or Skype, how are you showing your ongoing communication?

Thanks

Just use your texts and screenshot how much you FaceTime ( meaning how many hours). I screenshoted 2-3 pictures of call/FaceTime for each month!

Use pictures from when you two saw each other. Remember that it’s quality that matters, not quantity! 

Depends on the model of iPhone or Mac. Some iPhones use home + power and others use volume up + power. If it's on a Mac instead, the key combinations can vary. ;)

Just screenshot the call log.

That said, I wouldn't worry too much about this unless you are going through a high fraud embassy/consulate.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, IAmTheRainKing said:

Hi,

My fiancée and I communicate every day via text and FaceTime video. Because of this there are no phone logs that we can send as proof of our ongoing relationship. Anyone else that's relying on FaceTime or Skype, how are you showing your ongoing communication?

Thanks

What stage of the process are you at?

YMMV

Timeline

Hi,

Thanks

proof of an ongoing relationship is for the interview part, for the initial petition they just want to know you guys met in the past 2 years to fulfill the requirements.  

On 1/11/2019 at 8:30 PM, myjourney2018 said:

proof of an ongoing relationship is for the interview part, for the initial petition they just want to know you guys met in the past 2 years to fulfill the requirements.  

Thank you. I'm working with an immigration lawyer on prepping the K1...I used this site to get all my materials but they're saying I should send 20-30 photos and all these chat logs and Facetime logs (in addition to all the flight receipts, passport stamp photos and receipts of gifts we've mailed each other over the year.) I think they're just trying to be extra thorough but since we're hoping to get the initial process mailed in this week, I"ll make sure to keep photo logs of all FaceTime calls moving forward so she has them for the interview.

Thanks all!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, IAmTheRainKing said:

Thank you. I'm working with an immigration lawyer on prepping the K1...I used this site to get all my materials but they're saying I should send 20-30 photos and all these chat logs and Facetime logs (in addition to all the flight receipts, passport stamp photos and receipts of gifts we've mailed each other over the year.) I think they're just trying to be extra thorough but since we're hoping to get the initial process mailed in this week, I"ll make sure to keep photo logs of all FaceTime calls moving forward so she has them for the interview.

Thanks all!

My petition had 1 photo, no chat logs of any kind.  Its quality evidence not quantity

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks all!

No problem, ultimately the choice is your to make.  It's just there's some threads on here regarding sending chats log in the initial petition mainly due to providing too much information, you don't want to give the CO too much information so they can analyze it and question you.  

As an after thought.  I suppose since you hired an immigration lawyer, I would just go with what they say so if something does goes wrong you can blame them for the problem so they can't say well we suggested this but you didn't want to do it.  

Edited by myjourney2018
added additional thoughts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks all!

All you have to do in this stage is prove that you met in the last 2 years, chat logs won't help with that.  Its just extra paperwork., What you can do now is just start e-mailing each other back and forth and then print them out along with the face time logs for the interview as evidence of an ongoing relationship.  

I've seen other site say you should send a decree of never being married certificate,  don't send it yet just send what is needed.   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.