SDH

January 2019 - AOS Filers (merged)

1,639 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Gigi2017 said:

Hey guys!

Check out the processing time for EAD!! The inquiry date is now March 2nd 2019!!!

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

So after seeing this I lodged an inquiry via the USCIS website, within 5 hours the status of my EAD changed to “New Card is being produced”. Coincidence? I don’t know, but I would suggest anybody who is still waiting from our group of January filers to lodge an inquiry now.

43 minutes ago, Roo&Bear said:

So after seeing this I lodged an inquiry via the USCIS website, within 5 hours the status of my EAD changed to “New Card is being produced”. Coincidence? I don’t know, but I would suggest anybody who is still waiting from our group of January filers to lodge an inquiry now.

I tried lodging an inquiry (Fingerprinted on 14 Feb) and it said my case was within the bounds. So I called; I explained that the website says March. The lady said that the case looks to be outside the processing times and said she put in a comment or note on the case to expedite. She said that within 14 days I’ll hear something, but definitely within 30 days. That was last night ; no update so far though! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Oh wow that was an unexpected turn on events. Great to hear they are picking up their pants and rolling up their sleeves. 
My little tip for everyone who'll inquire with USCIS. Call first thing in the morning when they open, that's the best bet to get Tier 2. Any other day, and look at my previous responses. No callbacks, long hold times etc. Approvals are coming, i can feel my Lithuanian senses tingling lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
19 hours ago, Gigi2017 said:

Hey guys!

Check out the processing time for EAD!! The inquiry date is now March 2nd 2019!!!

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

That is a good news

That means January filers are all outside the processing time. 

Now let start to see many updates. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Roo&Bear said:

The irony for me is that I won’t even need the EAD (fingers crossed) because my interview has already been scheduled for mid August.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting still waiting, and get those inquiries started.

50 minutes ago, Jeff & Jenn said:

We were now notified the EAD and AP card has been mailed and should call if we don't receive it by August 14.

Congrats!

Timeline
7 hours ago, AEP062488 said:

I tried lodging an inquiry (Fingerprinted on 14 Feb) and it said my case was within the bounds. So I called; I explained that the website says March. The lady said that the case looks to be outside the processing times and said she put in a comment or note on the case to expedite. She said that within 14 days I’ll hear something, but definitely within 30 days. That was last night ; no update so far though! 

Hope you have good news soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

So am I reading the processing times right?

We were previously living in San Francisco and I received orders transferring me to New Haven Connecticut. We moved and got a house here now and submitted the AR-11 with the new address so that's all good. I'm guessing this automatically transfers the case (and therefore the interview) to Hartford CT field office from the San Francisco office correct?

I checked the processing times for both and they both say between 17 to 22 months. So basically its taking about 2 years from the time application is received to the time an interview is scheduled? My wife already did her biometrics in February and its been stuck on ready to be scheduled.

K-1 Fiancé Visa

01/17/2018: I-129F Sent

01/19/2018: NOA1 Received

08/03/2018: NOA2 Received

11/01/2018: K-1 Visa Interview

12/12/2018: Married in U.S.

Adjustment of Status

02/01/2019: I-485, EAD and AP Filed

02/15/2019: I-485, EAD and AP NOA1

08/07/2019: EAD and AP Approved

10/29/2019: Interview for AOS

6 minutes ago, nakuke said:

So am I reading the processing times right?

We were previously living in San Francisco and I received orders transferring me to New Haven Connecticut. We moved and got a house here now and submitted the AR-11 with the new address so that's all good. I'm guessing this automatically transfers the case (and therefore the interview) to Hartford CT field office from the San Francisco office correct?

I checked the processing times for both and they both say between 17 to 22 months. So basically its taking about 2 years from the time application is received to the time an interview is scheduled? My wife already did her biometrics in February and its been stuck on ready to be scheduled.

Yes I’m in NYC and it’s 20.5 - 34 month wait for green card interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Got our card in the mail yesterday. She's beyond stoked, already planning a short comeback to LTU, before we start moving with our plans to move to CA. Whew. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our status also says card has been picked up by USPS with tracking number. 

Now to wait for the interview for I-485.  Milwaukee has processing time of 13-32 months.  That sure is a wide range.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

My wife called USCIS today and all Tier 2 would say is that it's under review. We're waiting for over 200 days now. Thank goodness our green card interview was scheduled for mid-August, but that just means that filing for EAD and AP was a waste of time.

Edited by misken

01/30/2018: I-129f sent

02/02/2018: I-129f received

02/07/2018: NOA1

02/17/2018: NOA1 Hardcopy

08/07/2018: NOA2

08/10/2018: NOA2 Hardcopy

08/24/2018: NVC case number assigned

08/29/2018: NVC sent

09/12/2018: KL embassy Packet 3 received

09/27/2018: Medical

10/18/2018: Interview - Approved!

10/2X/2018: Visa on hand

11/29/2018: Point of Entry!

12/14/2018: WEDDING!

01/09/2019: AOS/EAD/AP packet mailed

01/19/2019: NOA1 received

02/01/2019: RFIE received

02/07/2019: Biometrics appointment

02/11/2019: RFIE response mailed

08/08/2019: EAD/AP approved

08/14/2019: AOS Interview & Combo card arrived in mail

08/21/2019: Green Card arrived in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.