SDH

January 2019 - AOS Filers (merged)

1,639 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, we went through our final packet check today, and realized that all the docs we got from the USCIS website have a 7/31/2018 expiration date at the top right.... We double checked the site, and they all still have that expiration date. Anyone else have this problem? The 130 and 130a are both past expiration on the official website. 

Edited by UnitedStatesGuy
Additional Info

2 hours ago, UnitedStatesGuy said:

Hey everyone, we went through our final packet check today, and realized that all the docs we got from the USCIS website have a 7/31/2018 expiration date at the top right.... We double checked the site, and they all still have that expiration date. Anyone else have this problem? The 130 and 130a are both past expiration on the official website. 

As long as it came from USCIS website your good.. me either used form that expired already probably they don’t have an updated form yet 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, UnitedStatesGuy said:

Edit:

I just pulled up my forms that were filed and realized that my i131 has an expiration date of 12/31/2018.  IT was accepted by USCIS so I would agree with @mugo&miley that you are probably fine.

Edited by GP1977

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!

My husband is a full time student and working part time. He was recently hired this September 2018 and we are filing now the AOS this February 2019 because we might not make is this January due to waiting for certified marriage certificate. He used to work back in 2015 and had to stop because he got accepted in his desired University (Also here in the US). I have several question regarding the I-864 affidavit of support.

Our current situation is:

- He didn't made it to the poverty guidelines that is why we're filing a joint sponsor (his dad)

- He doesn't have 3 recent tax return sheet (only 2015, his previous work and 2018 his part time work now)

My questions are:

1. In the part where he should input the 3 most recent tax income, should I leave the other two blank? the 2nd and 3rd most recent?

image.png.9608d9ed95a20164e1f3fcea54e2be02.png

2. Should I leave this part not checked because he already filed this 2018?

image.png.e954a11bc3528e0592f9e7007cf6fd1d.png

3. As I believe so, the Total Income per year stated in Income tax return is different from current annual income. We will request Certificate of Employment reflecting this current annual income so that it is visible for the checker. I just want to verify if we are correct?

Thank you very much for all your help.

22 minutes ago, PaulaMarie said:

Hello everyone!

My husband is a full time student and working part time. He was recently hired this September 2018 and we are filing now the AOS this February 2019 because we might not make is this January due to waiting for certified marriage certificate. He used to work back in 2015 and had to stop because he got accepted in his desired University (Also here in the US). I have several question regarding the I-864 affidavit of support.

Our current situation is:

- He didn't made it to the poverty guidelines that is why we're filing a joint sponsor (his dad)

- He doesn't have 3 recent tax return sheet (only 2015, his previous work and 2018 his part time work now)

My questions are:

1. In the part where he should input the 3 most recent tax income, should I leave the other two blank? the 2nd and 3rd most recent?

image.png.9608d9ed95a20164e1f3fcea54e2be02.png

2. Should I leave this part not checked because he already filed this 2018?

image.png.e954a11bc3528e0592f9e7007cf6fd1d.png

3. As I believe so, the Total Income per year stated in Income tax return is different from current annual income. We will request Certificate of Employment reflecting this current annual income so that it is visible for the checker. I just want to verify if we are correct?

Thank you very much for all your help.

Yes leave the 2 table below if your husband does not file for the past 2 rescent years Certified married certificate is an option you can just photocopy your mariage certificate that you have. Yes just leave it unchecked at number 25

Edited by Mugo&miley

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mugo&miley said:

Yes leave the 2 table below if your husband does not file for the past 2 rescent years Certified married certificate is an option you can just photocopy your mariage certificate that you have. Yes just leave it unchecked at number 25

Thank you very much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Biometrics Appointment letter received today, 01/26/2019, dated 01/18/2019. Did any of you received this too?

K-1 JOURNEY!

05/09/2017 129-f sent
05/12/2017 Received Date
05/16/2017  NOA1

171 days of wait later...

10/27/2017 NOA2 (Notice Date in the hardcopy)

10/30/2017 NOA2 on USCISAPP/E-mail

12/08/2017 - Reached 6 weeks without any notice from NVC. Time to send the NOA2 copy to NVC and figure out what's going on.

12/18/2017 - NVC receives our case and assigns a number

12/21/2017 - Case headed to Spain Embassy in Madrid

01/02/2018 -  Spain Embassy received our 129f packet

01/08/2018 - Packet READY at Embassy - Received Packet 3

05/18/2018 - 4 months waiting to collect all documents... and then, documents sent to the Embassy.

05/30/2018 - Packet 4 received and interview scheduled.

06/13/2018 - Interview at the Embassy // Approved!
06/19/2018 - Visa Received :)
08/10/2018 - POE Chicago

10/16/2018 - Wedding

AoS JOURNEY!

01/07/2019 - AoS, EaD and AP package sent

01/11/2019 - NoA1

I also received my biometrics letter of appointment yesterday (Jan 26) it was also dated Jan 18th. 

My appointment is in Phoenix on Feb 5th.

Another step closer 😁

Timeline

Good day to everyone I have concern as everyone else who goes over to this page... I am filing for AOS and other forms along with it... but I am confused about my DS-3025 or my vaccine records. They did sputum test on me but I came out negative in all tests.. when I get here they just gave me a paper with all vaccines and stuff but its all blank and when I got here they ask me to take the paper to a civil service doctor but when I took it there they didn't know what to do... so do i... do i have to get all the shots that is on the paper? I didn't get the shot in the Philippines where I am from my fiancee now husband told me to take them here instead

Edited by Drillerone

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey everyone! I am preparing the AOS packet for my husband and I. He arrived Nov 29th and we were married Dec 28. I am getting confused about the checklist of required documents. Which ones did you use?

I am hoping to file i-485, i-765, and i-131 all together. I started them all and I want to make sure I am going in the right direction. I should have done all of this after he arrived but I think I was mentally boycotting USCIS paperwork so we could enjoy the holidays. Now I feel out of practice. :) 

Thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I mailed my AOS packet on January 18 and haven't heard anything back from USCIS. I can't tell if this is normal or not as some people wait 2 weeks for texts/emails and others receive their text/email in 2-3 days. Do I need to call and see what's up or just keep waiting patiently? 

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

AoS Sent out today (1-28). Probably that makes me one of the later Jan Filer!

Jeez that packet was one hell of a compilation and waste of paper lol
K-1 in NJ :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.