samsteph

denied k1 visa

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello All

i hope find an explication or answer to my question ; 

in 2011 my k1 visa is denied and my fiancé gave up ; so its closed , now after 8 years i want to get marry with another american woman , 

is K1 visa denied reflecting to my CRV 1 case?

with respect samir

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
56 minutes ago, samsteph said:

hello All

in 2011 my k1 visa is denied and my fiancé gave up ; so its closed , now after 8 years i want to get marry with another american woman , 

with respect samir

The only time I've seen it become an issue is when the K1 denial was due to misrepresentation/the CO not believing it was a bonafide relationship which only meant added scrutiny to the new CR1 filing with a different USC...normally if the K1 denial was followed closely by another filing with someone else.

The good news is that there's been several years between both American women.  If you'd applied for the CR-1 with woman #2 almost immediately after the K-1 denial with woman #1, would have been worse.

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, samsteph said:

hello All

with respect samir

Be prepared to answer the question of why you didn't want to marry a Moroccan woman and waited 7 years for another American woman.  They ask most all people who interviewed that question 

It depends on the reason for denial.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
4 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

It depends on the reason for denial.

True, this plays into it as well.

@samsteph If you were found inadmissable to the US for some reason, that doesn't just go away with the CR-1 filing and would still have to be overcome.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the Casa embassy is now putting several cases in Administration review (at the time of interview)

a few days later the moroccan (man or woman ) gets an email to fill out ds5535 

this 3 page form requests all social media and the ID used in last 15 years (real and fake)

all phone numbers used in last 5 

this is an extra security check  

they ask you to disclose this truthfully for the investigation that will follow

i will put this very bluntly

if you have been talking to many american women on social media sites looking for marriage,  it will weigh heavily in a decision 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
17 hours ago, samsteph said:

hello All

with respect samir

They will be fully aware of all previous immigration or visit visa attempts, and will consider EVERYTHING.  Ultimately, to be successful, you need sufficient evidence THIS relationship is bona fide (genuine).  The best evidence is lots of time spent living together in your country for significant time.  Without that, you are probably going to have a very hard time.  If your current relationship is primarily about immigrating to the US.  Don't bother.  They see this every day.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
9 minutes ago, jhon30 said:

try Canada   much better , just saying .

Depending on the reason for denial, Canada would be a hard journey as well.

Will your wife consider a move to Morocco? If it's all about true love and being together, what does the location matter? If you decide to emigrate to the USA later down the line, having lived together in Morocco first will significantly help your case. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
14 hours ago, JFH said:

Will your wife consider a move to Morocco? If it's all about true love and being together, what does the location matter? If you decide to emigrate to the USA later down the line, having lived together in Morocco first will significantly help your case. 

Not for Morocco

couple lived over a year there and when she moved back the CR1 was still denied

just have several trips to meet and have quality time 

keep the US residency and income here as there are no jobs in Morocco

Just now, adil-rafa said:

couple lived over a year there and when she moved back the CR1 was still denied

They weren’t denied because she lived there. They were denied for some other reason, probably something they don’t want to reveal to anyone else. But having lived with him for a year was certainly not the only reason they were denied. I believe there was a couple who lived together in Australia that were denied. But not because of living together. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Often we do not find out the full reasons, details can VERY hard to obtain. Like pulling teeth.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
3 hours ago, JFH said:

They weren’t denied because she lived there. They were denied for some other reason, probably something they don’t want to reveal to anyone else. But having lived with him for a year was certainly not the only reason they were denied. I believe there was a couple who lived together in Australia that were denied. But not because of living together. 

no she got cancer and came back here for treatment

they applied for CR1 and denied

then he tried with letters from her hospital and doctor for tourist visa to see her one last time before she died

he owned house and apartment and a business

no reason to deny / their CR1 was first visa application 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.