TZM

(I-130) Dec 2018 Applicants

504 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, R & G said:

Hello everyone, I'm new to this website. I sent my I-130 petition for my spouse on 12/27/2018 and received NOA1 on 01/02/2019 and they sent my case to the Potomac Service Center. The USCIS site says 'receipt date for a case inquiry is Feb. 01, 2018. Does that mean they're working on cases from Feb. 01, 2018 as of now? How is differ from the 'Processing Estimates/Stats' at this site which says this case will be approved between May 29, 2019 and June 2, 2019?

Yes but do not pay too much attention to that.  There have been late August filers approved already.  Also, the timeline here is based on some flawed information since many do not ever visit again after filing in their NOA1 date.  The timeline on Igor's List is a great place to get a general idea how things are moving but the USCIS site information is generally months behind and even more unreliable than the info here.  Anticipate about 6 months for NOA2 and with luck you will be one of the lucky people who get approved in 140 days!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

13 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Yes but do not pay too much attention to that.  There have been late August filers approved already.  Also, the timeline here is based on some flawed information since many do not ever visit again after filing in their NOA1 date.  The timeline on Igor's List is a great place to get a general idea how things are moving but the USCIS site information is generally months behind and even more unreliable than the info here.  Anticipate about 6 months for NOA2 and with luck you will be one of the lucky people who get approved in 140 days!

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, R & G said:

Thanks!

Welcome to the long wait!!!  I will say that the dates here are better than what they quote at USCIS but neither is perfect.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, R+M Jordan said:

Welcome to the additional December applicants!! I'm excited to see more people going through Nebraska with us!! The estimate for my timeline through Nebraska with NOA 1: 12/21 is by September 9th...hoping it goes quicker than that, but patience and time will tell 🙂

how would you know your estimated date?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Posts merged with existing thread.~~~

4 hours ago, R & G said:

Hello everyone, I'm new to this website. I sent my I-130 petition for my spouse on 12/27/2018 and received NOA1 on 01/02/2019 and they sent my case to the Potomac Service Center. The USCIS site says 'receipt date for a case inquiry is Feb. 01, 2018. Does that mean they're working on cases from Feb. 01, 2018 as of now? How is differ from the 'Processing Estimates/Stats' at this site which says this case will be approved between May 29, 2019 and June 2, 2019?

4 hours ago, John & Rose said:

4 hours ago, R & G said:

Thanks!

4 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Welcome to the long wait!!!  I will say that the dates here are better than what they quote at USCIS but neither is perfect.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello December 2018 group -  just joined the site today. Lots of useful information but still reading through it all and trying to understand the process. 

Filed in December and ours was sent to Texas. 

Good luck everybody! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hello everyone , i heard a bad news  today that all the govement offices are closed because trumph shutdown all the gov. offc . Does anyone hears this ? Im so worried bcz it will delay our processing ☹️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, @ab12 said:

hello everyone , i heard a bad news  today that all the govement offices are closed because trumph shutdown all the gov. offc . Does anyone hears this ? Im so worried bcz it will delay our processing ☹️

I hope not because I'm trying hard enough to not think about all the other things the shutdown is affecting!! God help us all!!!

16 hours ago, @ab12 said:

Hello, USCIS is not affected by the shutdown. 

Found this from an article: 

The shutdown does not affect the fee-funded activities of US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS),which processes most employer-based filings for employee immigration benefits. Offices remain open, and USCIS has instructed individuals to attend interviews and appointments as scheduled. USCIS has announced that it will continue to accept petitions and applications for benefit requests, with a few exceptions.

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=0b44bb3b-6dfd-4c8f-a165-faa2a8d76a77

15 hours ago, R+M Jordan said:

I hope not because I'm trying hard enough to not think about all the other things the shutdown is affecting!! God help us all!!!

The shutdown does not affect the fee-funded activities of US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS),which processes most employer-based filings for employee immigration benefits. Offices remain open, and USCIS has instructed individuals to attend interviews and appointments as scheduled. USCIS has announced that it will continue to accept petitions and applications for benefit requests, with a few exceptions.

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=0b44bb3b-6dfd-4c8f-a165-faa2a8d76a77

Timeline
On 1/18/2019 at 2:08 AM, TZM said:

Thats good . i was so worried for this .😣Texas is doing so slow ☹️ 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone,

married - 12/03/2018

I-130 sent - 12/15/2018

Received date - 12/20/2018

I-129F sent - 01/07/2019

Received date - 01/11/2019

Looks like some of the September fillers got approved. so I guessed we need to wait for 4 to 6 months to approved form I-130.

1 hour ago, Kyikhangpara said:

Hi everyone,

married - 12/03/2018

I-130 sent - 12/15/2018

Received date - 12/20/2018

I-129F sent - 01/07/2019

Received date - 01/11/2019

Looks like some of the September fillers got approved. so I guessed we need to wait for 4 to 6 months to approved form I-130.

Welcome to the club!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.