TZM

(I-130) Dec 2018 Applicants

504 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Just now, TZM said:

Thank you AnaCarolina, we posted to Chicago and tracked the shipment, it has been delivered. But we haven't heard back from USCIS regarding receipt of application and priority date yet. Truly appreciate your updates.

We are on the same boat ;) 

35 minutes ago, TZM said:

How can i check if im eligible to do it through DCF?

If you currently reside in the US then you're not eligible for DCF. If you reside in a DCF country and your spouse is eligible to interview in that same country's US embassy/consulate, then the faster DCF was an option: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-immigration-offices DCF in a non-DCF country is only possible if there are exceptional circumstances and USCIS agrees. But you already submitted the I-130 packet, so that could complicate things if you qualify for either of the latter 2 options and you still try DCF.

Edited by lummo

6 minutes ago, lummo said:

If you currently reside in the US then you're not eligible for DCF. If you reside in a DCF country and your spouse is eligible to interview in that same country's US embassy/consulate, then the faster DCF was an option: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-immigration-offices DCF in a non-DCF country is only possible if there are exceptional circumstances and USCIS agrees. But you already submitted the I-130 packet, so that could complicate things if you qualify for either of the latter 2 options and you still try DCF.

Thank you for clarifying that, we do not meet the requirements. 

9 hours ago, lummo said:

I presume @Mr Genuis meant to ask if OP filed the I-130 using Direct Consular Filing (DCF) or mailed the I-130 to a US-based lockbox: https://www.uscis.gov/i-130-addresses With DCF usually there is an in-person filing option.

Thank you Lummo.

Hi Everyone!

Great to find this December I-130 thread. 

I-130 sent December 7th. NOA1 received December 13th. 

:) 

3 hours ago, Jesse+Blaise said:

Hi Everyone!

Hello! We received confirmation of receipt of our application yesterday, 18th Dec. We are expecting to receive the form 1-797 on 11th of January.

22 hours ago, TZM said:

Hoping to hear back this week. I'll keep you posted.

Hello AnaCarolina, we received confirmation of receipt of our application yesterday, 18th Dec. We are expecting to receive the form 1-797 on 11th of January. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, TZM said:

Hello AnaCarolina, we received confirmation of receipt of our application yesterday, 18th Dec. We are expecting to receive the form 1-797 on 11th of January. 

Congrats!!! Hopefully we'll get our NOA1 soon too. 

On 12/19/2018 at 5:15 PM, Jesse+Blaise said:

Hi Everyone!

Hello, did you receive a text / email or both? Do you know which centre is processing your application, and what is your priority date? We only received a text saying we will receive the I-797 ON 11th January ( we filed 10th Dec) that's a whole month, is this usual?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, TZM said:

Hello AnaCarolina, did you hear back yet?

Hello! Nothing yet, we think we will hear back around 12/26 considering our application was delivered on 17/12 and the holidays.

14 minutes ago, TZM said:

Hello, did you receive a text / email or both? Do you know which centre is processing your application, and what is your priority date? We only received a text saying we will receive the I-797 ON 11th January ( we filed 10th Dec) that's a whole month, is this usual?

Hey! 

We just received the text. I believe the form that follows is just an official receipt. Unless you have to provide additional evidence from the beginning, I don’t think you’ll have to do anything. I don’t think we have received our letter yet either, so maybe it is standard to not receive it for a while :) 

1 minute ago, Jesse+Blaise said:

Hey! 

We just received the text. I believe the form that follows is just an official receipt. Unless you have to provide additional evidence from the beginning, I don’t think you’ll have to do anything. I don’t think we have received our letter yet either, so maybe it is standard to not receive it for a while :)

Thank you, maybe the process has changed. I was reading up on a thread by Jan 2018 filers and they all mentioned the priority date on email. I'll keep the thread updated once we receive the mail. 

28 minutes ago, TZM said:

Thank you, maybe the process has changed. I was reading up on a thread by Jan 2018 filers and they all mentioned the priority date on email. I'll keep the thread updated once we receive the mail. 

Well the visa journey prediction has given us an August 24th-29th adjudication date, but I haven’t seen the official date given by USCIS yet. I’m hoping it will be shorter than that when the letter comes through

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.