TZM

(I-130) Dec 2018 Applicants

504 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, TZM said:

Good luck!

We just got our text! :jest: It says "Form I-797 TO FOLLOW in mail", just like that, without a  date, but we guess that's better than nothing :D

On 12/21/2018 at 10:59 PM, Jesse+Blaise said:

Well the visa journey prediction has given us an August 24th-29th adjudication date, but I haven’t seen the official date given by USCIS yet. I’m hoping it will be shorter than that when the letter comes through

Fingers crossed, keep us posted please 😊

On 12/22/2018 at 1:04 AM, AnaCarolina said:

We just got our text! :jest: It says "Form I-797 TO FOLLOW in mail", just like that, without a  date, but we guess that's better than nothing :D

Hello AnaCarolina, please check the first three characters of your receipt number. It will indicate which centre your application has been sent to. Ours is sent to Potomac, which is one of the slowest after California. Our priority date is Dec 12.

On 12/19/2018 at 5:15 PM, Jesse+Blaise said:

Hi Everyone!

Great to find this December I-130 thread. 

I-130 sent December 7th. NOA1 received December 13th. 

:) 

Hello Jesse, please check the first three characters of your receipt number. It will indicate which centre your application has been sent to. Ours is sent to Potomac (YSC), which is one of the slowest after California. Our priority date is Dec 12.

11 minutes ago, TZM said:

Hello AnaCarolina, please check the first three characters of your receipt number. It will indicate which centre your application has been sent to. Ours is sent to Potomac, which is one of the slowest after California. Our priority date is Dec 12.

Hello Jesse, please check the first three characters of your receipt number. It will indicate which centre your application has been sent to. Ours is sent to Potomac (YSC), which is one of the slowest after California. Our priority date is Dec 12.

Hi! So I just checked and it has in fact been sent to YSC, which is a little confusing as Nebraska is our designated service center for Kansas. 

On the the plus side, when I changed the processing center on my timeline just moments ago, my “estimated” timeline for NOA2 moved from August 31st  to. May 19th. :) 

2 minutes ago, Jesse+Blaise said:

Hi! So I just checked and it has in fact been sent to YSC, which is a little confusing as Nebraska is our designated service center for Kansas. 

On the the plus side, when I changed the processing center on my timeline just moments ago, my “estimated” timeline for NOA2 moved from August 31st  to. May 19th. :) 

Hello, ours was supposed to be Texas. My estimated timeline for NOA2 is between May and June currently. I checked Igor's list and Potomac is currently processing applications filed in August 2018 (Link below) so feeling quite optimistic. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=6&option=3&sortby=2

4 hours ago, TZM said:

Hello, ours was supposed to be Texas. My estimated timeline for NOA2 is between May and June currently. I checked Igor's list and Potomac is currently processing applications filed in August 2018 (Link below) so feeling quite optimistic. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=6&option=3&sortby=2

That's great! :) I definitely think that USCIS provides drastically longer processing dates that are accurate. I presume it's to stop people from calling up to inquire about their case. Thank you for pointing out the service center in the receipt number. It's made me really happy knowing that we're 3 months closer to processing (hopefully, anyway!) :) 

4 minutes ago, Jesse+Blaise said:

That's great! :) I definitely think that USCIS provides drastically longer processing dates that are accurate. I presume it's to stop people from calling up to inquire about their case. Thank you for pointing out the service center in the receipt number. It's made me really happy knowing that we're 3 months closer to processing (hopefully, anyway!) :) 

You're most welcome. Praying that the timeline stays the same if not shorter. Il keep this thread posted if there are any developments. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, TZM said:

Hey guys! We got our Form I-797 yesterday and we are in Potomac (YSC) too. We are feeling quite optimistic, our estimated time for NOA2 is between May 25 and June 2nd.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, AnaCarolina said:

Hey guys! We got our Form I-797 yesterday and we are in Potomac (YSC) too. We are feeling quite optimistic, our estimated time for NOA2 is between May 25 and June 2nd.

Hi! How would you know your estimated time for NOA 2?

3 minutes ago, princessyish20 said:

Hi! How would you know your estimated time for NOA 2?

By entering your NOA1 date into your profile on visajourney along with the processing center, they then give you an estimate range. Also from the USCIS website potomac processing time is 9 to 12 months.

On 12/19/2018 at 4:09 AM, TZM said:

Thank you AnaCarolina, we posted to Chicago and tracked the shipment, it has been delivered. But we haven't heard back from USCIS regarding receipt of application and priority date yet. Truly appreciate your updates.

Have you heard anything?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.