fluffykim

Visa Coach

51 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Just curious as to what they do that saves you time? Do you not have to gather all the evidence and submit it to them and answer all the questions so they can copy it to the forms?

Having the petition reviewed 6 times by a different pair of eyes is helpful and much less time consuming for me.  The visa service that I use has an office in Manila where my fiance can call, email or stop in person to ask any question at any time.  Again, that's convenient and invaluable to me. All of the forms and links that I may need are readily available in one place and often directed to me via email which makes finding further instructions and website much easier... Any questions about status or helpful procedures are at my fingertips without searching the google machine... As I stated for me time is money...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The one I know in Manila is the one that has caused a lot of issues to VJ Members.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

All I know is I decided to file the I-129f at lunch on Wednesday and dropped the package off at the post office on Thursday. So half a day start to finish. I don't understand where these time savings come in but to each his own.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
48 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

All I know is I decided to file the I-129f at lunch on Wednesday and dropped the package off at the post office on Thursday. So half a day start to finish. I don't understand where these time savings come in but to each his own.

wow, you had passport photos and your spouse able to sign a letter to marry in 90 days?  Thats awesome.  The mailing time alone back and forth as my fiance is in a different country would not allow for your fast timeline.  Thats great and GOOD LUCK!  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

wow, you had passport photos and your spouse able to sign a letter to marry in 90 days?  Thats awesome.  The mailing time alone back and forth as my fiance is in a different country would not allow for your fast timeline.  Thats great and GOOD LUCK!  

Mailing time from Thailand is an eternity plus 1 day. You do not need a wet signature for anything from your fiance and Walgreens prints photos in a matter of minutes. Don't get me wrong I'm glad you are happy with your coach and I wish you the best, but the process is super simple if you just follow USCIS's instructions. I found this site the same day I sent in my 129 but after it was already sent and I am kind of glad because a lot of stuff on here simply serves to muddy the waters.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Mailing time from Thailand is an eternity plus 1 day. You do not need a wet signature for anything from your fiance and Walgreens prints photos in a matter of minutes. Don't get me wrong I'm glad you are happy with your coach and I wish you the best, but the process is super simple if you just follow USCIS's instructions. I found this site the same day I sent in my 129 but after it was already sent and I am kind of glad because a lot of stuff on here simply serves to muddy the waters.

Amen to that 

YMMV

Timeline
24 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Maybe the wet signature has changed from when you applied?, this is from the instructions:

Intention to Marry Within 90 Days of Entry. Submit evidence that you and your fiancé(e) intend to marry
within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s entry as a K-1 nonimmigrant. Evidence of your intention to marry may include
statements of intent to marry signed by both you and your fiancé(e)

Timeline
1 minute ago, fluffykim said:

Maybe the wet signature has changed from when you applied?, this is from the instructions:

Intention to Marry Within 90 Days of Entry. Submit evidence that you and your fiancé(e) intend to marry
within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s entry as a K-1 nonimmigrant. Evidence of your intention to marry may include

Says signed, doesn't say wet(original).  A photo copy of a signed document is still signed 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

Says signed, doesn't say wet(original).  A photo copy of a signed document is still signed 

however you want to interpret.  Im not arguing, to be honest the comments are very bizarre to me.

take the referral, dont....doesnt  matter to me to be honest.  :)

Timeline
Just now, fluffykim said:

however you want to interpret.  Im not arguing, to be honest the comments are very bizarre to me.

take the referral, dont....doesnt  matter to me to be honest.  :)

Not interpretation but actual application by the uscis.  My petition was approved with a scanned signature.   My petition was approved in October so any  rule change argument does not apply since there had been no instruction update since June 2017

YMMV

Timeline

There is nothing to interpret see this I stole from a @geowrian post:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-finalizes-guidance-signature-requirements

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2018/2018-02-16-PM-602-0134.1-Signatures-on-Paper-Applications-Petitions-Requests-and-Other-Documents.pdf

"A signature is valid even if the original signature is later photocopied, scanned, faxed, or similarly reproduced. Regardless of how it is transmitted to USCIS, the copy must be of an original document containing a handwritten, ink signature, unless regulations or the form instructions state otherwise. USCIS will not accept signatures created by a typewriter, word processor, stamp, auto-pen, or similar device."

Certain people give you facts and certain people tell you what they think it is important to know the difference on VisaJourney.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I have heard of the Visa Coach before and I scheduled a consultation to speak with him before I began the K1 Visa. Here's my two cents on the matter:

1. During the consult, all he talks about is "bonafide evidence." He doesn't explain the process or what should be expected. It's all about the proof... Do you have pictures, plane tickets, hotel reservations, chat messages, are they time-stamped... everything short of a blood sample. If he thinks it's been too long between visits to each other, he'll tell you to plan a trip, even if it's not going to happen. A fake trip? Or to plan multiple trips that cost you a fortune if you can't pull off a long visit. It's all about looking the part. 

2. Maybe this was just me, but he didn't tell me anything that I couldn't find on a google search. I learned more watching a YouTube video than I did talking to him. There's was no real guidance or emotional support during the conversation. It was very generic answers (I'm guessing because it was free). He didn't answer any of my questions that were a bit more extensive such as financial or work-related. In fact, he even said, "you ask really weird questions."  I was so put off by this comment that I just wanted the conversation to be over. 

Due to this first interaction, I decided not to work with him. Yes, The Visa Coach's fee's aren't that expensive, so if you're on a budget I can understand the attraction. However, I went to an Immigration Lawyer and I couldn't be more pleased. Yes, it cost more... but was so worth it! 

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, fluffykim said:

Key words: may include, not “must” include. OP, are you worried your case won’t be approved for some reason? You seem to be doing the most for such a simple process. Not saying you shouldn’t use any service, it’s your money. However, you are defensive against those who offer advice or comments to the contrary. Everything the coach told you you could’ve gotten through this website for free. I know the post was to provide info and not asking for advice. But ppl are only trying to save you time and money bc this process really isn’t hard unless you have a difficult case or red flags as cause for concern. JA is not a high fraud embassy. You can use services and something still go wrong. Do a search on here to see people who hired an attorney and was still misinformed or paperwork was submitted incorrectly or not at all.

Also, you don’t want your fiancé to sound rehearsed or “prepped”. The embassy wants evidence of a real relationship. The evidence you submit with the package will validate that and the interview will either confirm or deny that. You can see what questions others were asked by reviewing the past reviews and be genuinely and well prepared. I understand your nervousness, we’ve all been there but it’s really not that serious if the relationship and evidence is solid. 

Edited by angelbrown

Timeline
2 hours ago, angelbrown said:

Key words: may include, not “must” include. OP, are you worried your case won’t be approved for some reason? You seem to be doing the most for such a simple process. Not saying you shouldn’t use any service, it’s your money. However, you are defensive against those who offer advice or comments to the contrary. Everything the coach told you you could’ve gotten through this website for free. I know the post was to provide info and not asking for advice. But ppl are only trying to save you time and money bc this process really isn’t hard unless you have a difficult case or red flags as cause for concern. JA is not a high fraud embassy. You can use services and something still go wrong. Do a search on here to see people who hired an attorney and was still misinformed or paperwork was submitted incorrectly or not at all.

Also, you don’t want your fiancé to sound rehearsed or “prepped”. The embassy wants evidence of a real relationship. The evidence you submit with the package will validate that and the interview will either confirm or deny that. You can see what questions others were asked by reviewing the past reviews and be genuinely and well prepared. I understand your nervousness, we’ve all been there but it’s really not that serious if the relationship and evidence is solid. 

I feel very good about our package and our story. I’ve learned unfortunately this is a lurking site not a participating site.  There is nothing helpful when I start off with I had a good experience and it was short money for me to tell me I wasted my money , etc etc etc   Someone tells you your dress is ugly that you liked and already purchased is not helpful. Comes off defensive?  Ok. 

Agreed I was not asking a question or even asking for opinions. I had a good experience, I thought I was passing forward some information to be part of the community and said many times if not for you cool. To keep harping on why I did something is weird to me. I feel good about my experience. I have the money. It gave me piece of mind...so who cares.   You don’t need to use the service don’t. You had an easy process great.  I wish nothing but best of luck to all couples in no matter how they get their journey completed.   

I wish I could close this thread or stop commenting at this point. Use him. Don’t use him. Hire someone. Don’t. It was just my experience. Good luck to all 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
46 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

I feel very good about our package and our story. I’ve learned unfortunately this is a lurking site not a participating site.  There is nothing helpful when I start off with I had a good experience and it was short money for me to tell me I wasted my money , etc etc etc   Someone tells you your dress is ugly that you liked and already purchased is not helpful. Comes off defensive?  Ok. 

Agreed I was not asking a question or even asking for opinions. I had a good experience, I thought I was passing forward some information to be part of the community and said many times if not for you cool. To keep harping on why I did something is weird to me. I feel good about my experience. I have the money. It gave me piece of mind...so who cares.   You don’t need to use the service don’t. You had an easy process great.  I wish nothing but best of luck to all couples in no matter how they get their journey completed.   

I wish I could close this thread or stop commenting at this point. Use him. Don’t use him. Hire someone. Don’t. It was just my experience. Good luck to all 

So you share your experience and others respond by sharing theirs and you’re offended? No one said you’re information isn’t helpful. It’s your responses to those who say something to the contrary that’s defensive. If you buy a dress you like and someone says they don’t like it... then they just don’t like it. But you do, so why be offended? You are passing information and to someone who feels they can benefit from it they will, so you shouldn’t not share what you feel. If someone reads your post they may consider a coach as well but then after reading all the other responses they may decide maybe it’s not for them after all. This site helps all those going through similar processes by sharing experiences and everyones process is similar yet different. 

So if everyone agrees with you then you consider that participating? And if they don’t then they’re lurking? You can’t be easily offended going through this process bc when you get to the embassy stage you will be grateful for ALL the advice and comments that paved the way and helped to prepare you. Ppl are only trying to help. Are there some trolls? Yes. But for the most part this site has been helpful to those who have gone before you. So why not just chew up the meat and spit out the bone? When you get past this first leg of the journey you may just look back and realize what some ppl said was truth. And then you, too, will maybe come back and share YOUR experiences. For someone to share their experience in response to your post doesn’t mean they don’t wish you well. Good luck on your journey. 

On on that note, ask one of the moderators to close the thread. 

Edited by angelbrown

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.