fluffykim

Visa Coach

51 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My only issue is when a paid "Coach" portrays inaccurate,  out of date or just plain wrong advice.   It makes me wonder what else the coach has said wrong as it is incumbent that they stay current  as that is part of what you are paying for.   And it is important that this information is identified and corrected so myths and urban legends are not perpetuated 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 minutes ago, angelbrown said:

So you share your experience and others respond by sharing theirs and you’re offended? No one said you’re information isn’t helpful. It’s your responses to those who say something to the contrary that’s defensive. If you buy a dress you like and someone says they don’t like it... then they just don’t like it. But you do, so why be offended? You are passing information and to someone who feels they can benefit from it they will, so you shouldn’t not share what you feel. If someone reads your post they may consider a coach as well but then after reading all the other responses they may decide maybe it’s not for them after all. This site helps all those going through similar processes by sharing experiences and everyones process is similar yet different. 

So if everyone agrees with you then you consider that participating? And if they don’t then they’re lurking? You can’t be easily offended going through this process bc when you get to the embassy stage you will be grateful for ALL the advice and comments that paved the way and helped to prepare you. Ppl are only trying to help. Are there some trolls? Yes. But for the most part this site has been helpful to those who have gone before you. So why not just chew up the meat and spit out the bone? When you get past this first leg of the journey you may just look back and realize what some ppl said was truth. And then you, too, will maybe come back and share YOUR experiences. For someone to share their experience in response to your post doesn’t mean they don’t wish you well. Good luck on your journey. 

On on that note, ask one of the moderators to close the thread. 

I’m not offended at all. Good luck to all!

7 hours ago, 5Crew said:

Having the petition reviewed 6 times by a different pair of eyes is helpful and much less time consuming for me.

In what way is it less time consuming for you? You still have to review it fully yourself until you are confident in it. And you have reach out to the others, wait for their feedback, possibly incorporate that feedback, and sometimes address conflicting feedback. these are all extra steps on your part.

7 hours ago, Boiler said:

The one I know in Manila is the one that has caused a lot of issues to VJ Members.

I'm pretty sure most of us know which one you're talking about...And yes, they definitely have.

And there's a lot of even worse ones there.

51 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

Someone tells you your dress is ugly that you liked and already purchased is not helpful.

Except immigration is not a dress.

And these forums are often viewed by others (not just the OP) for guidance.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, geowrian said:

In what way is it less time consuming for you? You still have to review it fully yourself until you are confident in it. And you have reach out to the others, wait for their feedback, possibly incorporate that feedback, and sometimes address conflicting feedback. these are all extra steps on your part.

I'm pretty sure most of us know which one you're talking about...And yes, they definitely have.

And there's a lot of even worse ones there.

Except immigration is not a dress.

And these forums are often viewed by others (not just the OP) for guidance.

And these errors and innacuracies have a tendency to become gospel which is not helpful to anyone

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I can only go on the basis of the reports I have read and questioned, I am sure I have not seen them all.

16 minutes ago, payxibka said:

And these errors and innacuracies have a tendency to become gospel which is not helpful to anyone

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Several baiting and inflammatory posts have been removed, with administrative action applied.

Do not transport any drama into other threads.

The OP has requested that this thread be closed, which it now is.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.