fluffykim

Visa Coach

51 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, geowrian said:

Timestamped photos likely have no more value than photos without a timestamp. Anybody can add in (fake) timestamps afterwards in just minutes. There is very rarely a way to verify the date a photo was taken.

This is my thought as well.

Note that photos are considered secondary evidence. They realistically could ignore the photos if they wanted.

Also note that it's very easy to get a  129F approved, you really only need to prove you've met each other at that stage (Plane Ticket/Passport stamp).

It's AFTER the I-129F has been approved that you need to try a little harder.

With that, he's said nothing that I haven't seen anyone say here.

Normally people will promote more "real" proof than pictures though, such as hotel bills, plane tickets, passport stamps, credit card statements showing purchases in the same locale as the fiance, etc.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

I have worked as a paralegal and more than well equipped to do the K1 process from start to finish completely on my own.  I chose to pay the reasonable cost of a well known visa service and it's worth every dollar for me.  I would make the same decision to use a this visa service in a heartbeat.  I have recommended it to 2 other petitioners both are very satisfied for the money spent on the service.

For me it makes the process that much easier and leaves me time (which is money for me) to do

other things like focus on a long distance relationship.  If you can afford it use a reputable service to

the K1 visa then do the AOS on your own if you want.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
17 minutes ago, 5Crew said:

I have worked as a paralegal and more than well equipped to do the K1 process from start to finish completely on my own.  I chose to pay the reasonable cost of a well known visa service and it's worth every dollar for me.  I would make the same decision to use a this visa service in a heartbeat.  I have recommended it to 2 other petitioners both are very satisfied for the money spent on the service.

For me it makes the process that much easier and leaves me time (which is money for me) to do

other things like focus on a long distance relationship.  If you can afford it use a reputable service to

Just curious as to what they do that saves you time? Do you not have to gather all the evidence and submit it to them and answer all the questions so they can copy it to the forms?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
45 minutes ago, tuxblade said:

Great info! Not sure about Photo's? Why would you not spend 5 sec to do proof? Why would you not provide more then needed?

nowhere in the directions does it say to have date stamps on photos...only the passport photos. 

So that was a good call out from him (IMHO) for recommendation to make your case stronger.  

Timeline
36 minutes ago, 5Crew said:

Agree..as I said piece of mind is priceless. everyone should do what is best for THEM 

22 hours ago, fluffykim said:

I think it makes sense with the date and time stamps on the photos.  while you may have not had any issues (which is great) others may have a harder time so I am sharing.  Proof is Proof...so without stamps on the photos they could be any time any date not within the 2 years.  its just to make the case STRONGER....not saying you are wrong at all..again..trying to share what I have learned.  

For me, its less about the complexity and more about the perceived fraud from my fiance country, so I am very happy and feel more comfortable having a second set of eyes on my package. 

Glad you had a great experience so far, I am sharing mine and found him helpful to ME

The only problem with your theory of date and time stamps is that you can go into your camera, tablet, etc. and change the date and time to anything that you like. So, it's not really iron clad proof that you were with a certain person or persons at a specific place at a specific date and time.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mfranc68 said:

The only problem with your theory of date and time stamps is that you can go into your camera, tablet, etc. and change the date and time to anything that you like. So, it's not really iron clad proof that you were with a certain person or persons at a specific place at a specific date and time.

sure...you can fraudulently do anything...not sure i said anything was iron clad...

anywho...if it helps you great!  if not...move on and good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So what is the difference between writing them and printing them?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You stated that you paid $200.00 for a Visa Coach. Everybody has their own level of comfort and I don't think that $200.00 is that crazy of a fee. If you feel comfortable paying it, and you are pleased with the service that you received ,then more power to you. I wish you all the luck and a speedy process. 

Edited by mfranc68

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree with the above.  The I129F is easily approved.  I'll tell you my story.  I met my husband online.  We met in person a few months after and then I came back and filed.  I sent 5 photos (nothing stamped or written on them) A VERY brief description on our meeting and a credit card receipt from the hotel.  I couldn't find my boarding pass so I didn't include it.  I129F approved after 196 days no RFE. I planned to visit during our wait but those plans fell through.  He took a variety of chat logs plus all the other required documents to his interview.  He was temporarily denied (221g) requesting a co sponsor (even though I was about $10,000 over the income requirements) and they requested a second interview in which I needed to be present to provide more proof of our relationship.  The requested specifically the chat logs from the time we met until the time of our first meeting.  We were approved at our second interview with no issues.  As a matter of fact we were in and out of the embassy in about an hour.  My suggestion would be to visit as often as possible, save boarding passes, take photos with his friends and family, attend the interview with your fiance and keep samples of your relationship through texting etc., make sure there is no weed in his system for the medical (if applicable). Secure a co sponsor just in case because they are hard to come by last minute.  Good luck to you

Timeline
11 minutes ago, mfranc68 said:

You stated that you paid $200.00 for a Visa Coach. Everybody has their own level of comfort and I don't think that $200.00 is that crazy of a fee. If you feel comfortable paying it, and you are pleased with the service that you received ,then more power to you. I wish you all the luck and a speedy process. 

Thank you

Piece of mind is great.

...except when it causes you stress down the road if something goes wrong.

I'm not suggesting that will be the case here in absolutely any way. I'm just saying that these types of services make mistakes, too.

The best way to avoid an RFE (or worse) is to be well informed and read all forms and instructions until you understand them completely. If somebody wants to pay for somebody else to give feedback and look at it as well, that's fine. But that doesn't replace the need to do all the same level of effort as if you were doing it all by yourself, nor does it mean heeding all advice given.

Too many people put their cases in somebody else's hands, and it comes back to bite them. We see it pretty much every day on this website.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
Just now, geowrian said:

Piece of mind is great.

...except when it causes you stress down the road if something goes wrong.

I'm not suggesting that will be the case here in absolutely any way. I'm just saying that these types of services make mistakes, too.

The best way to avoid an RFE (or worse) is to be well informed and read all forms and instructions until you understand them completely. If somebody wants to pa for somebody else to give feedback and look at it as well, that's fine. But that doesn't replace the need to do all the same level of effort as if you were doing it all by yourself, nor does it mean heeding all advice given.

Too many people put their cases in somebody else's hands, and it comes back to bite them. We see it pretty much every day on this website.

agree

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.