2,915 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2018 at 12:51 PM, iwillsurvive said:

I-765 can take up to 5 months. You are currently within normal processing times. Applications filed before July 5th are considered outside normal processing times. You can check that date as it moves here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

i was referred to this visa journey by a friend he told me to bring my case here maybe i can get help i dnt know what VAWA was he is just the one explaining to me so i want to ask if my case still have a solution..i want to ask if i can file for Vawa after two failed interviews with my wife,my wife intentionally went there and missed the questions we are been asked cause i begged her to follow me to the interview cause she has been so abusive to me and always maltreat me..it was more than hell when we were living together she really abuses me alot mentally and phsysically but i dnt know what to do sometimes she leaves the house for days and wont even tell me where she went to ..she brings his baby father to the house and sleep and the lock me outside..i dnt have what to do cause she always threatens me with deportation that she will not go to the interview ..so i always beg her and even kiss her ###..i always go for psycological evaluation when we were living together and i had like 20 sessions they even gave me medicine to use..but i dnt know anything like Vawa..all my lawyer was just telling me is to keep begging her to the interview now i begged her to the interview ..her baby father told me wife to collect 2000 dollars from my hand..i paid the money yet she still went there and missed the questions we went for two interviews and now they deny my case ..please what can i do ....cause i know they will be preparing to send NTA now..i have all evidences of marriage...even her text messages on facebook when i begged her and where we argue a lot and that where she threatens to deport me if i don concur to her wishes...we have joint bank account and receipt of the room we rent and pictures with her sisters and friends,,hotel receipts on our names..health insurance and all ..i can get the psychological evaluation paper work from the therapist ..over 20 sessions ...so please can i file for vawa even after they have denied my case cause am planning of divorcing her ..please what can i do or has my life ended like that through this devilish woman that just used me ..please i really need your advise...i will be so happy

4 minutes ago, scared101 said:

i was referred to this visa journey by a friend he told me to bring my case here maybe i can get help i dnt know what VAWA was he is just the one explaining to me so i want to ask if my case still have a solution..i want to ask if i can file for Vawa after two failed interviews with my wife,my wife intentionally went there and missed the questions we are been asked cause i begged her to follow me to the interview cause she has been so abusive to me and always maltreat me..it was more than hell when we were living together she really abuses me alot mentally and phsysically but i dnt know what to do sometimes she leaves the house for days and wont even tell me where she went to ..she brings his baby father to the house and sleep and the lock me outside..i dnt have what to do cause she always threatens me with deportation that she will not go to the interview ..so i always beg her and even kiss her ###..i always go for psycological evaluation when we were living together and i had like 20 sessions they even gave me medicine to use..but i dnt know anything like Vawa..all my lawyer was just telling me is to keep begging her to the interview now i begged her to the interview ..her baby father told me wife to collect 2000 dollars from my hand..i paid the money yet she still went there and missed the questions we went for two interviews and now they deny my case ..please what can i do ....cause i know they will be preparing to send NTA now..i have all evidences of marriage...even her text messages on facebook when i begged her and where we argue a lot and that where she threatens to deport me if i don concur to her wishes...we have joint bank account and receipt of the room we rent and pictures with her sisters and friends,,hotel receipts on our names..health insurance and all ..i can get the psychological evaluation paper work from the therapist ..over 20 sessions ...so please can i file for vawa even after they have denied my case cause am planning of divorcing her ..please what can i do or has my life ended like that through this devilish woman that just used me ..please i really need your advise...i will be so happy

You don't have to post question multiple times, don't worry someone who knows the answer will respond 😊

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Ilo said:

You don't have to post question multiple times, don't worry someone who knows the answer will respond 😊

•  

@ilo what’s happening about this reauthorization of vawa it’s december 7 already 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Yes thats what i asked God for everyday ...thank you 

Do you mind me asking your timeline?

I am from May/25/2017 filler, I got my I-360(VAWA) and I-765 (EAD) approved on Oct/29/2018 my I-131 (APD Travel Permit) is getting process now BUT I have to wait patiently my I-485 to get process but no idea how long it will take, some members say is about 9-21 months waiting timeline...

Thank you in advance and Happy Safe Holiday Season and Best for 2019 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, scared101 said:

Paying $2.000 for your wife to go to the interview is a big problem, against YOU. USCIS didn't believe you entered into the marriage in good faith, what do you have now that is a new fact to prove bonafide marriage?. What did USCIS specify in the denial letter?  You went to 2 interviews with her and to overcome what she said there you should find a pro bono attorney in your area if you can't afford the attorney fees,someone who handles well VAWA case.s

Timeline
9 hours ago, Kleenex12 said:

i had host record and no psychological report and my case was approved.it all depends on who handles ur case.

If the person has a hospital record stating about the abuse then the person doesn't need a psychological evaluation.

5 minutes ago, sandranj said:

If the person has a hospital record stating about the abuse then the person doesn't need a psychological evaluation.

Ok thank you . I was only going to submit it to see if it could strengthen my case. Because it didn’t speak of the abuse but it talks about me and my husband having problems. Me wanting a divorce , being separated from my family and he was listed as my primary contact 

Just now, Jawithlove said:

Ok thank you . I was only going to submit it to see if it could strengthen my case. Because it didn’t speak of the abuse but it talks about me and my husband having problems. Me wanting a divorce , being separated from my family and he was listed as my primary contact 

And on the hospital visit i lies and said I fell down the stairs 

Timeline
On 12/5/2018 at 1:47 PM, crissM said:

Hi everyone,

Congratulations of all Vawa aprovals.

I would appreciate your help in my situation.

uscis received my Vawa documents on 08/19 2016

on 10/25/2016 Sent REF about good moral character.

i have not received any update about My case in 2 years .

On 04/12/2018 Uscis send un update saying that they received correspondence and reviewing it .

what does it mean?

my work permit is approved and Prima facia is aproved in November 2018 .

I would appreciate any answer.

Thank you so much!

It's time  for you to contact your congressperson. USCUS usually adjudicate the case  30/90 days after receiving the RFE answers.

@sandranj hi Sandra my lawyer told me that I could black out parts of my psychological records that I got from the hospital. Can you do this ? Will they deny me because they think u am hiding something l. I am trying to get in contact with her so I can tell her not so send the records off. Hopefully she reads my email

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

multiple duplicate posts removed.

2 posts edited to remove an attorney's name.

only post once and do not post attorney's names.

charles

vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Psquare said:

@ilo what’s happening about this reauthorization of vawa it’s december 7 already 

Congress has passed a continuing resolution to keep the government running through Dec. 21, that being said VAWA reauthorization plan will be extended till December 21, 2018.

6 hours ago, Damara said:

@Jawithlove 

You can wait for Sandras (an attny) opinion but I really doubt she will say its ok to black out information on a hospital record because it states you told them you were separated/did not mention abuse. USCIS has a general requirement for original unaltered documents- blacking out sections of a report is altering it and concealing information from them. This is not something you want to do. They may reject it or demand you present the unaltered version, or even obtain it on their own. 

Also, there is no reason to black out the sections you mentioned. The Officers that adjudicate VAWA are specially trained to deal with abuse matters. It is very common for victims to cover up or deny the abuse for many many reasons. I do not want to put words in your mouth as what your reasons were telling the hospital what you did- but I am pretty confident it can be explained in your affidavit. You also mention having an attny- have you discussed this with them? It is NOT recommended to submit things behind your attnys back whether its forms or additional evidence- they can drop you as a client. Also there may have been a reason why your attny did not mention nor include this hospital report and if so you need to find out what it is. Doing-it-yourself can be good and is the way many people do this, but if you have an attny you need to listen to them, ask questions,  and double check everything they do for you or advise you. These forums are a valuable resource for doing that. Please discuss your plan with your attny and wait for Sandra to offer her opinion before doing anything.

On a side note- everyone in this thread has a unique situation that qualifies them for VAWA. It can be based on physical abuse, mental abuse or both. Each type of abuse has requirements for proof- so keep that in mind when comparing cases. If you claim mental abuse you do not need police reports or medical records of injuries. If you claim physical abuse you do not need a psych eval. Also there is no 'checklist' of things that are required as evidence rather 'guides' that attnys and self-filers use. If USCIS simply said you must present X Y and Z it would be very easy for fraudsters to create the documents X Y and Z that are needed. Its more broken down into you need to prove A B and C and the most common documents USCIS will accept to prove such. Sometimes people dont have A B and C and submit alternate evidence to establish it. Its best to not look at others cases in comparison and panic because you didnt send  the exact things they sent- you need to look at WHY they sent it and make sure you sent something that establishes the same thing. 

I concur with @Damara, additionally, OP you could be opening yourself up to criminal liability because the forms you submit are under penalty of perjury which states in relevant part "Copies of any documents I have submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered, original documents, and I understand that USCIS may require that I submit original documents to USCIS at a later date."

18 hours ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Hello everyone so i havent been on a long time but i just got an update 

New Card Is Being Produced

On December 6, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number EAc xxxxxxx and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Am so happy funny my lawyer said she dont know what it means lol ...what category am i expecting now ? C031?

Congratulations, I know it has been a long wait with a few obstacles but you have persevered at least in crossing the first obstacle. You deserve this, best wishes for the GC process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.