2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Jawithlove said:

Even if it’s a hospital record where I ended admitted ? It’s not a psychological report 

i had host record and no psychological report and my case was approved.it all depends on who handles ur case.

Timeline
Just now, Jawithlove said:

What is a host record ? I emailed my layer asking if she can hold off sending it I’ll roobaky send it for a RFE

sorry hospital records 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jawithlove said:

Ok did you have a police report ? Or restraing order? Do u mind telling me what u included in ur package 

Marriage certificate 

his status

proof we lived together 

police clerance

pictures

Hospital records

pictures of me and my spouse and family 

my personal affidavit 

two affidavit from family 

birth certificate of kids 

letter to proof good moral character 

Filed: Timeline

@Jawithlove 

You can wait for Sandras (an attny) opinion but I really doubt she will say its ok to black out information on a hospital record because it states you told them you were separated/did not mention abuse. USCIS has a general requirement for original unaltered documents- blacking out sections of a report is altering it and concealing information from them. This is not something you want to do. They may reject it or demand you present the unaltered version, or even obtain it on their own. 

Also, there is no reason to black out the sections you mentioned. The Officers that adjudicate VAWA are specially trained to deal with abuse matters. It is very common for victims to cover up or deny the abuse for many many reasons. I do not want to put words in your mouth as what your reasons were telling the hospital what you did- but I am pretty confident it can be explained in your affidavit. You also mention having an attny- have you discussed this with them? It is NOT recommended to submit things behind your attnys back whether its forms or additional evidence- they can drop you as a client. Also there may have been a reason why your attny did not mention nor include this hospital report and if so you need to find out what it is. Doing-it-yourself can be good and is the way many people do this, but if you have an attny you need to listen to them, ask questions,  and double check everything they do for you or advise you. These forums are a valuable resource for doing that. Please discuss your plan with your attny and wait for Sandra to offer her opinion before doing anything.

On a side note- everyone in this thread has a unique situation that qualifies them for VAWA. It can be based on physical abuse, mental abuse or both. Each type of abuse has requirements for proof- so keep that in mind when comparing cases. If you claim mental abuse you do not need police reports or medical records of injuries. If you claim physical abuse you do not need a psych eval. Also there is no 'checklist' of things that are required as evidence rather 'guides' that attnys and self-filers use. If USCIS simply said you must present X Y and Z it would be very easy for fraudsters to create the documents X Y and Z that are needed. Its more broken down into you need to prove A B and C and the most common documents USCIS will accept to prove such. Sometimes people dont have A B and C and submit alternate evidence to establish it. Its best to not look at others cases in comparison and panic because you didnt send  the exact things they sent- you need to look at WHY they sent it and make sure you sent something that establishes the same thing. 

10 hours ago, bebetho said:

congrats on your approval! thanks god

5 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Congrats 🎉🍾 

Best Holiday Present 🎁 

Yes thats what i asked God for everyday ...thank you 

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Congratulations on your approval. Your prayers came through.....We are all happy for you. Can I ask you one question, when did you file vawa? thanks

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
Just now, ahmad- said:

So what will happen after today? is today the last day vawa will either get re-authorized or not? any input?

Same thing I want to ask to ...have been checking online they didn’t say anything about the re authorization of vawa and it’s december 7 already ...I want to ask if people really have any updates about it ...

Timeline
5 hours ago, Kleenex12 said:

Marriage certificate 

his status

proof we lived together 

police clerance

pictures

Hospital records

pictures of me and my spouse and family 

my personal affidavit 

two affidavit from family 

birth certificate of kids 

letter to proof good moral character 

@Kleenex12 I want to ask a question Whether this person could still be eligible for VAWA...during the whole process of their marriage the USA abuser spouse always maltreat beats,control,sexually abuse and physical abuse the non us citizen spouse but the non us citizen spouse does not know anything like VAWA so he has no choice than to keep staying in the abuse cause he don’t want to get deported if he leave the marriage,the USA citizen always abuse the non us citizen spouse emotionally and psychologically and the non us citizen spouse have no option than to remain in the abusive marriage cause he had no option but he always go for psychological evaluation during the time the were together even before the went for first and second interview..text messages of where the abusive spouse threatens him that he will withdraw the petition..but there is nothing he could do cause he doesn’t not know anything like VAWA so when they went for interview the us abusive spouse intentionally answered the questions wrongly and the failed the interview and was denied...and the us citizen spouse now told the non us citizen spouse that he has someone else that he is dating secretly that he is no longer interested in her but now the non US citizen spouse never knew anything like vawa then...I want to ask if they non us citizen can file for vawa he is not divorced yet with her but they Dnt live together anymore so now I think he is waiting for NTA...I want to ask if the non us citizen can apply for vawa despite that they have both failed the first and second interview....please I need your answers....they failed the interview due to the wickedness of the us abusive spouse ....so I want to ask if the he could apply for vawa cause I told him vawa could be of help but he said he Dnt think vawa could work for him anymore cause he already went to the interview with her and the wife purposely withdrew her petition there even after intentionally failing those questions that she didn’t just take him serious...but they both have all the evidences to show they are married in good faith it’s just that the lady was trying to go back to her baby father and her baby father tells her to make Sure the marriage Dnt work..the non us spouse husband have all the threats messages she used to send before they went for the both interviews when she Locked him outside and how she injured his face ....so can this guy truly apply for. Vawa yes or no...I told him to join this forum but he thinks is case is over so he is giving up I told him to talk to Sandra 

Timeline
2 hours ago, NICOLA2017 said:

I want to ask a question Whether this person could still be eligible for VAWA...during the whole process of their marriage the USA abuser spouse always maltreat beats,control,sexually abuse and physical abuse the non us citizen spouse but the non us citizen spouse does not know anything like VAWA so he has no choice than to keep staying in the abuse cause he don’t want to get deported if he leave the marriage,the USA citizen always abuse the non us citizen spouse emotionally and psychologically and the non us citizen spouse have no option than to remain in the abusive marriage cause he had no option but he always go for psychological evaluation during the time the were together even before the went for first and second interview..text messages of where the abusive spouse threatens him that he will withdraw the petition..but there is nothing he could do cause he doesn’t not know anything like VAWA so when they went for interview the us abusive spouse intentionally answered the questions wrongly and the failed the interview and was denied...and the us citizen spouse now told the non us citizen spouse that he has someone else that he is dating secretly that he is no longer interested in her but now the non US citizen spouse never knew anything like vawa then...I want to ask if they non us citizen can file for vawa he is not divorced yet with her but they Dnt live together anymore so now I think he is waiting for NTA...I want to ask if the non us citizen can apply for vawa despite that they have both failed the first and second interview....please I need your answers....they failed the interview due to the wickedness of the us abusive spouse ....so I want to ask if the he could apply for vawa cause I told him vawa could be of help but he said he Dnt think vawa could work for him anymore cause he already went to the interview with her and the wife purposely withdrew her petition there even after intentionally failing those questions that she didn’t just take him serious...but they both have all the evidences to show they are married in good faith it’s just that the lady was trying to go back to her baby father and her baby father tells her to make Sure the marriage Dnt work..the non us spouse husband have all the threats messages she used to send before they went for the both interviews when she Locked him outside and how she injured his face ....so can this guy truly apply for. Vawa yes or no...I told him to join this forum but he thinks is case is over so he is giving up I told him to talk to Sandra..i also told him am not too sure but i think he should be able to apply for vawa since he has even been going for psychological evaluation even before they went for the interviews,,

19 minutes ago, Psquare said:

I want to ask a question Whether this person could still be eligible for VAWA...during the whole process of their marriage the USA abuser spouse always maltreat beats,control,sexually abuse and physical abuse the non us citizen spouse but the non us citizen spouse does not know anything like VAWA so he has no choice than to keep staying in the abuse cause he don’t want to get deported if he leave the marriage,the USA citizen always abuse the non us citizen spouse emotionally and psychologically and the non us citizen spouse have no option than to remain in the abusive marriage cause he had no option but he always go for psychological evaluation during the time the were together even before the went for first and second interview..text messages of where the abusive spouse threatens him that he will withdraw the petition..but there is nothing he could do cause he doesn’t not know anything like VAWA so when they went for interview the us abusive spouse intentionally answered the questions wrongly and the failed the interview and was denied...and the us citizen spouse now told the non us citizen spouse that he has someone else that he is dating secretly that he is no longer interested in her but now the non US citizen spouse never knew anything like vawa then...I want to ask if they non us citizen can file for vawa he is not divorced yet with her but they Dnt live together anymore so now I think he is waiting for NTA...I want to ask if the non us citizen can apply for vawa despite that they have both failed the first and second interview....please I need your answers....they failed the interview due to the wickedness of the us abusive spouse ....so I want to ask if the he could apply for vawa cause I told him vawa could be of help but he said he Dnt think vawa could work for him anymore cause he already went to the interview with her and the wife purposely withdrew her petition there even after intentionally failing those questions that she didn’t just take him serious...but they both have all the evidences to show they are married in good faith it’s just that the lady was trying to go back to her baby father and her baby father tells her to make Sure the marriage Dnt work..the non us spouse husband have all the threats messages she used to send before they went for the both interviews when she Locked him outside and how she injured his face ....so can this guy truly apply for. Vawa yes or no...I told him to join this forum but he thinks is case is over so he is giving up I told him to talk to Sandra..i also told him am not too sure but i think he should be able to apply for vawa since he has even been going for psychological evaluation even before they went for the interviews,,

thanks so much i just registered on this forum..thanks..

1 hour ago, ahmad- said:

Congratulations on your approval. Your prayers came through.....We are all happy for you. Can I ask you one question, when did you file vawa? thanks

I filed April 2017 ...Thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.