Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

FINALLY GOT AN UPDATE! I got the "New Card is Being Produced" update for my EAD...however, it still just says "Case Recieved" on my AP receipt number...

Will it still be a combo card? Or am I getting them seperately and have to wait for the advance parole to update now?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
21 minutes ago, madiartzer said:

FINALLY GOT AN UPDATE! I got the "New Card is Being Produced" update for my EAD...however, it still just says "Case Recieved" on my AP receipt number...

Will it still be a combo card? Or am I getting them seperately and have to wait for the advance parole to update now?

They are together, it should say serves as Advanced Parole on the bottom of the card. congrats!

Edited by Lebanese23

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

They are together, it should say serves as Advanced Parole on the bottom of the card. congrats!

Ahhh, perfect! I know I've seen this asked a few times around here before, but I couldn't find it in all my excitment haha. 

Thanks so much for answering so quickly! I'm SO happy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It’s Buzzfeed but still...I really hope this isn’t true:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/uscis-immigration-applications-backlog-ice

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
7 hours ago, madiartzer said:

Congrats!!!

How many days since your NOA1?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, NewbieFeb said:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/uscis-immigration-applications-backlog-ice

I hope that it isn't true, but lately there has been a lot of strange stuff happening. :wow:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
14 hours ago, NewbieFeb said:

USCIS was being grilled couple days ago on why there is a backlog and what they are doing for solutions. Its a long video but i skipped throughout. Nothing that we don't already  know, more applications turned to higher backlog. USCIS also said the number goes really up right before an election. lack of staff blah blah blah, so anyone who is bored and wants to watch. link below.

https://cis.org/Testimony/Policy-Changes-and-Processing-Delays-USCIS

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Just come back from interview. Got grilled pretty hard and was separated. The officer took only new tax return and 3 photos. In the end officer said Everything is ok and we will hear something withing next 90 days but usually it faster.

Interview lasted an hour. I have very strange feelings so dont know what to expect.

Edited by AnJay

Timeline
1 hour ago, absolut.. said:

@Lebanese23 you still waiting for outcome of your GC interview?

yes unfortunately everyone who did their interview last week with me already getting their card in the mail while I'm still waiting:unsure:

Timeline
1 hour ago, AnJay said:

Just come back from interview. Got grilled pretty hard and was separated. The officer took only new tax return and 3 photos. In the end officer said Everything is ok and we will hear something withing next 90 days but usually it faster.

Interview lasted an hour. I have very strange feelings so dont know what to expect.

can you think of any red flags as to why they might have separated you? age difference, prior/recent divorce?....hope you hear good news soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Checked case status today and it said "Interview Was Scheduled" finally. EAD card is still being processed. They said they mailed a letter on the 17th, haven't gotten anything yet.

Can I call them to find out the date of the interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
22 minutes ago, loboxja said:

Checked case status today and it said "Interview Was Scheduled" finally. EAD card is still being processed. They said they mailed a letter on the 17th, haven't gotten anything yet.

Can I call them to find out the date of the interview?

It takes several BUSINESS days typically 3 to 5 for letter to arrive at residence! Your interview will be scheduled several weeks from the day you recieve the NOA. I wouldnt stress about it. You will have plenty of time to prepare for it. Congrats!

Edited by GyC
Miss spelled words

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.