dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview January 2019

530 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2018 at 4:59 AM, Taffi111 said:

Oh no. That's worrying. My husband is earning $28000 this year which just makes the threshold for me and my daughter! What are we going to do now?! *PANIC*

My wife makes around $33000 annually (exchange rate is bad right now), we still have a joint sponsor just to be safe. According to our former lawyer, there has been more cases being denied due to potentials becoming public charge in the past year. Whether the information is accurate or if it applies to your case, that's another question. Hope this helps!

15 minutes ago, GingerDino said:

My wife makes around $33000 annually (exchange rate is bad right now), we still have a joint sponsor just to be safe. According to our former lawyer, there has been more cases being denied due to potentials becoming public charge in the past year. Whether the information is accurate or if it applies to your case, that's another question. Hope this helps!

Thank you for that info. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/8/2018 at 12:36 PM, Sdkmu said:

Hey guys I just received my visa and my sons but no sealed package .. is that normal?

If your case at the nvc stage was pivot(electronic ), then you wouldn’t get a sealed packet. We didn’t get one cos we were pivot and we had no issues. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Oritneye said:

If your case at the nvc stage was pivot(electronic ), then you wouldn’t get a sealed packet. We didn’t get one cos we were pivot and we had no issues. 

So if we did online submission ing ceac website we will not get any packet after the interview? Hmm

Had my interview today and got approved after three hours waiting dreadfully!!!!! Can’t believe this is the end of a near-two-year limbo (from preparing for I-130 to getting the final approval, the result of having a manipulative lawyer)!!

Some tips I learned today by watching other people’s interviews and from my own:

1. Get a joint sponsor. I would’ve been denied if I didn’t have one ready.

2. If you can’t obtain a required document, find a way to prove its unobtainablity and your attempt. They’ll accept it. 

3. Go the extra mile in preparation of your case documents. Even if it’s a 14-page translation. It’s better to be safe than sorry.

4. If you need assistance from a lawyer, make sure it’s a good one that does their job. Watch out for potential red flags.

5. Not exactly sure if this helped...but I tried to keep our uploaded documents as organized as possible with notes on the content on the CEAC site. The embassy staff seemed satisfied with the result.

Do the final check of documents before the interview to make sure you have everything!! 

I pray everyone on this thread will get an interview date very soon! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, GingerDino said:

Had my interview today and got approved after three hours waiting dreadfully!!!!! Can’t believe this is the end of a near-two-year limbo (from preparing for I-130 to getting the final approval, the result of having a manipulative lawyer)!!

Some tips I learned today by watching other people’s interviews and from my own:

2. If you can’t obtain a required document, find a way to prove its unobtainablity and your attempt. They’ll accept it. 

3. Go the extra mile in preparation of your case documents. Even if it’s a 14-page translation. It’s better to be safe than sorry.

4. If you need assistance from a lawyer, make sure it’s a good one that does their job. Watch out for potential red flags.

5. Not exactly sure if this helped...but I tried to keep our uploaded documents as organized as possible with notes on the content on the CEAC site. The embassy staff seemed satisfied with the result.

Do the final check of documents before the interview to make sure you have everything!! 

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, GingerDino said:

Congratulations. 😁 Thanks for sharing. Please which consulate?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Erlenfee said:

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience!

Congrats to you. I really need this advice. Thanks for sharing

2 hours ago, Oma said:

Congratulations. 😁 Thanks for sharing. Please which consulate?

Tokyo. They seem to be very organized and fast with their assigned tasks, as long as there’s nothing missing. Interviews are only conducted on Mondays.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone!

My CC was October 10th and this morning I received my Interview date of January 31st in Montreal!

I'm so excited! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats !! :)

Are you relying on email or phone to know about interview date?

Edited by Rajat Aggarwal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.