Sarge2155

December 2018 I-129F (K1) Filers

866 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 4/18/2019 at 10:33 AM, redfeather said:

I have done some research and found out why it might be taking some of us longer to receive our NOA2.  If your gf has had a previous marriage, or if either person has some additional background information that must be checked on...then it drags the process out longer.  If the two people have never been married before and are starting out fresh then their case gets approved quickly.  So, this is some of the reasons why some of us take longer than others.  I just wanted to share this with other VJ members.

I am not sure why prior marriages should extend the process a whole lot.  I could accept that it would extend it SOME but it shouldn't be tons of time (IMHO).  You're providing divorce decrees (among other things).  A background check should ostensibly reveal if you'd been batting her around in the past (certainly a concern for a I-129f petition).  I imagine the uscis will find ways to labor the process needlessly anyway.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Shiran said:

That the thing, they are suppose to have "automated system" hence all those websites, old, new, e-mail notification etc. Yet, in many, many, many cases it doesn't work. You call and talk to Tier 1 and they give you an answer like "You will be getting RFE" or "Your case is approved!" but websites are never updated. People wait for months with no transparency or any queues, so of freaking course many will call, because people starved for water even bare mist of half answers is better than nothing. If they fixed their already existing system, or added something like "Your position in a queue is XXXXXX" with number updating daily people would for the large part stop calling for trivial matters. 

Now just hold on there a minute, Shiran!  Who in the heck do you think you are using logic and reasoning?  It is YOUR right as a citizen to get NO information, be told NOTHING of significance when asking legitimate questions about your case and being needlessly delayed re: your petition.  I think you owe the uscis a sincere apology.

As for Tier 1 CSRs?  About the only value they MIGHT offer is providing the local time (and maybe not even that).

Edited by GaryK
x

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No updates on old and new site.

We got an RFE, which is what I expected by the way. One, because we only had one intent to marry letter signed by both of us. Two, because I thought my passport-style photo was too fuzzy as we had to resize it. Three, because the legitimacy of our relationship might be questioned and they'd ask for further evidence. But none of these three is the reason for the RFE. It's something else. About the previous marriages of my fiancé (petitioner). 🙁

At least now we know that they've looked into our case. I think the response will be the most vital part of this since we only get one shot to get the approval that we all are aiming for.

Haven't updated my timeline yet.

@redfeather @GaryK Hoping you guys get hooked up this next new week. Keep your spirits up and don't let this ^&%$ control you good things are on the horizon for you both you have to believe that, I do!!!!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Hoping for another good week with more approvals coming, they are coming!!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
5 hours ago, MarryMe987654 said:

We had a rather pleasant experience calling USCIS. 

Our i129f petition was received on December 18th. On April 18th, we called after lunch and the wait time just about 3-5 mins. When we spoke with Tier 1 (Michelle), we immediately asked to spoke to Tier 2. She provided information and status about our information anyway after verifying our info. She then asked if we still want to be transferred or if she provided what we needs--we asked to be transferred anyway. She was courteous, pleasant and precise. She even told us that we will be asked for the same info to verify our identity again and we're fine with that. 

When we got in line to speak to tier 2, it says that the wait time is over 200 minutes. However, we were given a choice to get a call back instead after providing our name and phone number. It also says that we will not be losing our line when we hang up and wait for call back. That was nicr of them to say :)

After 3 hours,  we got a call from Tier 2 Bernard and gave us the good news that we were approved on April 17th. He was really nice and was very happy for us. He also said that they will send out the letter soon. 

No text, no email, uscis online are not yet updated. We got antsy and had to call. It was a great call :)

Wohoo!! 

Congrats! I'm so happy fo everyone here who got their approvals, and i hope that people who didn't receive their NOA2, including me, will have NOA2 soon😊🌷

Timeline
5 hours ago, MarryMe987654 said:

We had a rather pleasant experience calling USCIS. 

Our i129f petition was received on December 18th. On April 18th, we called after lunch and the wait time just about 3-5 mins. When we spoke with Tier 1 (Michelle), we immediately asked to spoke to Tier 2. She provided information and status about our information anyway after verifying our info. She then asked if we still want to be transferred or if she provided what we needs--we asked to be transferred anyway. She was courteous, pleasant and precise. She even told us that we will be asked for the same info to verify our identity again and we're fine with that. 

When we got in line to speak to tier 2, it says that the wait time is over 200 minutes. However, we were given a choice to get a call back instead after providing our name and phone number. It also says that we will not be losing our line when we hang up and wait for call back. That was nicr of them to say :)

After 3 hours,  we got a call from Tier 2 Bernard and gave us the good news that we were approved on April 17th. He was really nice and was very happy for us. He also said that they will send out the letter soon. 

No text, no email, uscis online are not yet updated. We got antsy and had to call. It was a great call :)

Wohoo!! 

'Pleasant experience' and 'uscis' doesn't usually go together.  I suppose miracles do occasionally happen, though.  A broken clock is right twice a day.  Blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.  I have called 6 or 7 times in the past and they have been hemorrhoids to me each time.  I won't be calling again.  If it is meant to happen, it'll happen.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

@redfeather @GaryK Hoping you guys get hooked up this next new week. Keep your spirits up and don't let this ^&%$ control you good things are on the horizon for you both you have to believe that, I do!!!!!!!!

Thanks.  Ain't holdin' my breath.

1 hour ago, GaryK said:

'Pleasant experience' and 'uscis' doesn't usually go together.  I suppose miracles do occasionally happen, though.  A broken clock is right twice a day.  Blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.  I have called 6 or 7 times in the past and they have been hemorrhoids to me each time.  I won't be calling again.  If it is meant to happen, it'll happen.

I am sorry about your experience.

In all honesty, I have been reading your posts about your experience calling them and was a little nervous about calling as well but my gut feeling was telling me something's up so despite my fiance's planned contact on a Friday, I called on a Thursday instead and put him in conference with the USCIS so he won't lose his patience and set a not-so-pleasant tone when talking to the agent.

But yeah, I guess we got lucky as well.

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

May 3, 2024: Ordered marriage certificate and death certificate from PSA online

May 9, 2024: Received email from PSA that marriage cert is blurred/eligible--will need 15 more days for reverification

May 22, 2024: Marriage Cert received from PSA (death cert was delivered 2 weeks earlier)

May 23, 2024: Uploaded new files to the CEAC website

May 29, 2024: Documentary Qualified

Timeline
12 minutes ago, MarryMe987654 said:

I am sorry about your experience.

In all honesty, I have been reading your posts about your experience calling them and was a little nervous about calling as well but my gut feeling was telling me something's up so despite my fiance's planned contact on a Friday, I called on a Thursday instead and put him in conference with the USCIS so he won't lose his patience and set a not-so-pleasant tone when talking to the agent.

But yeah, I guess we got lucky as well.

I am very happy for your positive experience and your NOA2.  Good luck the rest of the way.

P.S. - One of my pleasant (sic) experiences was with a Tier 2 woman who came on the line and was already loaded with an abrupt disposition.  I could tell.  She first gave me the usual drivel.  After that, I was calmly explaining something with my petition and she sighed heavy and abruptly hung up the phone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Sarg,  thanks for remembering us.  I maintain my calm and cool while I patiently wait for some word from USCIS.

10 hours ago, linareit said:

Congrats! I'm so happy fo everyone here who got their approvals, and i hope that people who didn't receive their NOA2, including me, will have NOA2 soon😊🌷

You will, I’m sure! Stay positive! 

3 hours ago, Erin2019 said:

Got my NOA2 via the mail today :D !

I was approved on 16-04-2019

Congratulations! 🎉🎉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.