Sarge2155

December 2018 I-129F (K1) Filers

866 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 4/17/2019 at 4:41 PM, redfeather said:

Zoeeeee,

Was this notice from the old USCIS site?  It appears to be from the old site?  Congrats...and thanks.

What’s the new website? I thought that the site in Zoeeeee’s pic was the new site. I’m always confused when folks say the old and new website. 

2 hours ago, mzthang0820 said:

What’s the new website? I thought that the site in Zoeeeee’s pic was the new site. I’m always confused when folks say the old and new website. 

No one gets an answer considering it's designed to keep you updated. If your calling,  and most are, no need for new and old to be on your radar. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
2 hours ago, mzthang0820 said:

The old website is https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do. The new website https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/. You need to create an account for the new website. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/18/2019 at 10:33 PM, redfeather said:

I have done some research and found out why it might be taking some of us longer to receive our NOA2.  If your gf has had a previous marriage, or if either person has some additional background information that must be checked on...then it drags the process out longer.  If the two people have never been married before and are starting out fresh then their case gets approved quickly.  So, this is some of the reasons why some of us take longer than others.  I just wanted to share this with other VJ members.

This makes sense. I've never been married but my fiancé was married quite a few times, so our NOA2 will probably take a little longer than usual. 🙁

44 minutes ago, Moon And Stars said:

This makes sense. I've never been married but my fiancé was married quite a few times, so our NOA2 will probably take a little longer than usual. 🙁

Not necessarily it's still done on a case by case basis, but there is some validly in the claim that prior marriages and or children does add additional time to your case when it is being adjudicated. There still are cases where both parties have never been married and have no children or criminal records and they still get caught up. I think it's all a matter of your Adjudicator and how vigilant they are while adjudicating your case. That's why some people get updates on the websites and others don't, that's because of the Adjudicator not taking the time or forgetting to update the website after he/she is done.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Informed delivery shows a letter from USCIS today!! Nothing on old or new site, nor email or text. I'm kind of expecting RFE since we did a joint intent to marry letter, but fingers are crossed!! I leave in 4 days to visit so will be great to celebrate an approval!!!

5 minutes ago, Trapper99 said:

Informed delivery shows a letter from USCIS today!! Nothing on old or new site, nor email or text. I'm kind of expecting RFE since we did a joint intent to marry letter, but fingers are crossed!! I leave in 4 days to visit so will be great to celebrate an approval!!!

Can you make out anything in the email from USPS sometimes you can see enough to tell what it is I mean the envelope from USCIS can you see look closer! If you can see your beneficiary name it's NOT a RFE!!!!!! On the other hand they USCIS have sent RFEs out for joint intent letters, but that is an easy fix a fast fix!!!

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

19 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Can you make out anything in the email from USPS sometimes you can see enough to tell what it is I mean the envelope from USCIS can you see look closer! If you can see your beneficiary name it's NOT a RFE!!!!!! On the other hand they USCIS have sent RFEs out for joint intent letters, but that is an easy fix a fast fix!!!

I can see "Trapper99" c/o "Trapper99" and address. Nothing else visible through window. 

46 minutes ago, Trapper99 said:

I can see "Trapper99" c/o "Trapper99" and address. Nothing else visible through window. 

LOL just your luck, well your going to have to wait until the postman delivers it. I'm pulling for you that it's a NOA2, I'm sure we will see you yelling later when you announce we're approved!!!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

RFE, they requested new passport style photos. Not sure what was wrong with previously submitted ones. I know measurements were correct. Only thing I can think is I didn't write names on back.

Either way it is good news!! Soon will be out of USCIS purgatory!

1 hour ago, Trapper99 said:

RFE, they requested new passport style photos. Not sure what was wrong with previously submitted ones. I know measurements were correct. Only thing I can think is I didn't write names on back.

Yeah easy  fix make sure to write the name on the back this time! 😉

Citizenship Complete!

5 hours ago, Moon And Stars said:

Read my earlier post where a lot is explained about the process. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, Trapper99 said:

Exactly, at least you now know your case is on their radar! 

Were your previous photos definitely clear enough, without shadows, glasses, hair over eyes etc? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 4/19/2019 at 9:46 AM, ADandSL said:

First of all, CONGRATS!! Secondly, ahat did you specifically ask the Tier 2 for him to tell you that info?? They are always to rude and unwilling to provide me any information besides the "you're within normal processing time"

It is my feeling that calling is a complete waste of time.  T2s are no better than first line CSRs.  They might as well just have an automated system.  It would be cheaper.

Unless of course everything just happens to come together at just the right time... stars aligned, etc. ... and you call JUST when your approval has happened,  neither of the useless websites are updated and the letter hasn't arrived in the mail yet.  Heck, I'd get better odds with scratch tickets.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, GaryK said:

They might as well just have an automated system.  It would be cheaper.

That the thing, they are suppose to have "automated system" hence all those websites, old, new, e-mail notification etc. Yet, in many, many, many cases it doesn't work. You call and talk to Tier 1 and they give you an answer like "You will be getting RFE" or "Your case is approved!" but websites are never updated. People wait for months with no transparency or any queues, so of freaking course many will call, because people starved for water even bare mist of half answers is better than nothing. If they fixed their already existing system, or added something like "Your position in a queue is XXXXXX" with number updating daily people would for the large part stop calling for trivial matters. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.