Kozano96

Just sent off our I-129f. Anything else to do while we wait?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

So yes, I just sent off our I-129f forms, and I’m actually feeling pretty confident about it. I’m actually feeling extremely excited to finally be able to start the process of marrying my incredible Sean, and to be done with this stressful and tedious portion. I was so careful. We were so careful. 

Now, is there anything else between now and awaiting the NOA 1 and 2 and interview process that I should know about or do? Perhaps gather? Or my fiancé? Thank you so much for the help! I can’t explain how grateful I am for this visajourney community, thank you all so much for your help. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Check on Vaccinations because some are multiple doses that have to be given over time and you don't want to end up like us having to get them finished in the US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

wait and wait some more.

start researching your consulates interview process and what documents they will require.

update needed vaccinations so they are done before medical.

research and read and read more. the more you know, the less stressful it is.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

I second what the others said about ensuring that vaccinations are up to date for the beneficiary, and make sure to check out your consulate specific details you may need to know about. During my waiting time (I am the beneficiary) I figured out my vaccinations, figured out where I could get my medical done in Canada and what doctor I wanted to use, talked to my fiancé about financial documents, applied for my police certificates, and honestly, did a LOT of waiting. Patience is key during this now. Honestly, during the first 3-5 months of waiting there isn't really anything you need to do. I started doing all of this research, police records, and vaccination stuff around the 5-6 month of waiting. I also visited my fiancé 3 times during the process, which helped tremendously.

Look into the I-134 income requirements to ensure that the petitioner makes enough income to support the beneficiary, and if they don't, find a sponsor who is willing to help. This will come into play for the interview piece. 

Edited by IndigoFlowers

K1 Journey

Spoiler

Sent I-129F: Feb 9, 2018

Petition received by USCIS: Feb 15, 2018

NOA1 Text Notification: Feb 20, 2018 

NOA2: Aug 21, 2018 😍

NVC Case # & Invoice ID: Sept 6, 2018

NVC "In Transit": Sept 18, 2018

Case "Ready": Sept 25, 2018

P3 Received: Oct 5

P3 Sent: Oct 16

P4 Received: Oct 18

Medical: Nov 13

Interview: Dec 6 - APPROVED! 

POE: Feb 12, 2019

Applied for SSN: Feb 15, 2019 (rec'd SSN: April 4th)

AOS Journey

Spoiler

Sent I-485, I-131, I-765: April 15, 2019

NOA1: April 23, 2019 (hard copies received April 29, 2019)

Biometrics: May 16, 2019

RFIE for I-148: June 20, 2019 (requesting birth certificate)

Sent Response to RFIE: June 25, 2019

Response to RFIE received: June 28, 2019

I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" notice: Sept 4, 2019

I-765 (EAD) Card in Production: Oct 11, 2019

I-131 (AP) Approved: Oct 15, 2019

I-765 (EAD) Card mailed out to me: Oct 17, 2019

EAD/AP Combo Card received: Oct 19, 2019

Interview: Jan 28, 2020 - Approved 2 year conditional green card

ROC Sent I-751: November 1, 2021

Credit Card Charges Pending: November 9, 2021

Text Message: November 10, 2021 @ 3:46 am

NOA1 Dated: November 9, 2021 (hard copy received November 17, 2021)

Biometrics Waiver Dated: November 30, 2021 (hard copy received Dec 6, 2021)

Approval Notice Dated: April 10, 2024 (hard copy received April 16, 2024)

If you've lived in another country for more than 6 months, get police certificates from there.

Fill in your profile on this site (nationality etc) so people can give you better advice, as it varies from country to country.

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

My understanding is that some embassies want police certificates to be “recent”. So we didn’t get police certificates until the case was transferred to the embassy and we received specific instructions. For example, the oft repeated guidance here to get a police certificate for any country lived in more than 6 months isn’t true for at least one embassy.  It is 12 months for my fiancée’s embassy.  

You can start working on you I-134 but the current form expires on November 30.  

I think the best thing you can do is keep meeting while you wait.  

I wish i had brought my fiancée a bunch of USA 8.5 x 11.5 paper for printing documents.  And will do so the next time I meet her.  

Timeline
15 hours ago, Mike E said:

My understanding is that some embassies want police certificates to be “recent”. So we didn’t get police certificates until the case was transferred to the embassy and we received specific instructions. For example, the oft repeated guidance here to get a police certificate for any country lived in more than 6 months isn’t true for at least one embassy.  It is 12 months for my fiancée’s embassy.  

You can start working on you I-134 but the current form expires on November 30.  

I think the best thing you can do is keep meeting while you wait.  

I wish i had brought my fiancée a bunch of USA 8.5 x 11.5 paper for printing documents.  And will do so the next time I meet her.  

Lol. 

Just got got the interview date and the checklist.  

My  fiancée wandered south east Asia for weeks gathering police certificates spending thousands of dollars in airfare, hotels, Grabs.  

I in turn generated over an inch stack of paper work documenting financials.  

All this was per  the embassy website; stuff we would need for her interview.

Nope. That Singapore Police Certificate from hell? Not needed. Police certificates from every place she lived in more than six months? Except for the city she is living in now, nope. Getting police certicates in three of the other four cities was difficult to say the least.

An I-134 financial support form? Nope.  

My  tax return? Employment letter? Bank statements? Etc. Nope.  So many trees killed.  

Good lord. Could have requested an appointment over a month ago if we had known it would be this easy.

My advice from this experience is do only what the embassy or NVC tells you to do and you will get your fiancé(e) home sooner.   

I am thinking that the I-134 is finis after today (the day the most current form expires).  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I started gathering all required interview documents for the country’s consulate. If at any time between now and the interview, you will visit .....start keeping those records also just Incase the consulate asks for “proof of bona fide relationship” .... because anything could help. 

Now, just wait until you receive the Notice Of Approval .... should be 1-2 weeks or less 👍🏽 Best of luck to both you 

Timeline
6 hours ago, JonSho said:

I started gathering all required interview documents for the country’s consulate. If at any time between now and the interview, you will visit .....start keeping those records also just Incase the consulate asks for “proof of bona fide relationship” .... because anything could help. 

Now, just wait until you receive the Notice Of Approval .... should be 1-2 weeks or less 👍🏽 Best of luck to both you 

There is no way they are getting a Notice of Approval 2 weeks after sending an I-129F.

1-2 weeks for a Notice of Action. And there is likely nothing to do for several months after that, unless OP's check bounces or the fee paid was wrong, or other gross technical problems.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
5 hours ago, Mike E said:

There is no way they are getting a Notice of Approval 2 weeks after sending an I-129F.

1-2 weeks for a Notice of Action. And there is likely nothing to do for several months after that, unless OP's check bounces or the fee paid was wrong, or other gross technical problems.

Apologies, Notice of Action is what I meant to say, yes an NO1. 👍🏽

On 11/28/2018 at 12:23 PM, Zean said:

So yes, I just sent off our I-129f forms, and I’m actually feeling pretty confident about it. I’m actually feeling extremely excited to finally be able to start the process of marrying my incredible Sean, and to be done with this stressful and tedious portion. I was so careful. We were so careful. 

Now, is there anything else between now and awaiting the NOA 1 and 2 and interview process that I should know about or do? Perhaps gather? Or my fiancé? Thank you so much for the help! I can’t explain how grateful I am for this visajourney community, thank you all so much for your help. 

The single biggest things you can do IS NOT set your expectations high set them low, do not make any plans involving money before you are approved and realize that each case is different. Once you get your NOA1 complete your time line and if you have not already done so join the thread of other VJers that filed during the same month as you.

For now all you can do is BRACE yourself for the journey. Congratulations on your submission of your K1 and I hope it's a smooth ride for you. One more thing to save you a bit of grief USCIS does not generally process cases in the order they receive them take note of the word "generally." Welcome to VJ!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

I'm sure he meant getting the NOA1 instead of the Notice of approval!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.