Greenbaum

DECEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,964 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bochi17 said:

I need some guidance here: People with Abu Dhabi experience, please chime in.

So NVC sent my case to Abu Dhabi on 01/22/2019. I have tried tracking the pkg and got error (using the suggestions on here).

On the Abu Dhabi Consulate page, each time am asked to fill out the DS 160 before proceeding. How do I even know they received the NVC package?

Am not sure what to do next here. And what is this Packet 3 & 4 that keeps popping up in conversations?

hi. use the case number to see your status at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/. if its ready it means your file arrived in auh usem

3 hours ago, bochi17 said:

How so when the DS 160 is clearly marked non-immigrant visa application?

As a K1, when checking your case online at CEAC.state.gov you have to select "immigrant visa" as it is treated like as such even though it is a "non-immigrant visa". 

Technically the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa but it is treated like an immigrant visa because of the AOS. It is kind of a ba$tard. Non-immigrant treated like an immigrant. Other non-immigrant visas do not usually end up with green cards!  The K-1 on its own is a single entry, short time limit visa that expires 90 days after POE. That is why it is a non-immigrant visa treated like an immigrant visa. 

USICS states If you have a pending I-129f, I-90, I-485, I-751 or N-400, we’ve recently changed the way we’re displaying processing times online to give you a more realistic date range. To check these times, visit https://t.co/ho3dfC5KCA

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@Greenbaum 

You know what else has been bugging me the affidavita of support ... my income alone can’t support my fiancé so I would have to use my mom also how do i go about that ?... does she has to fill out the form I-864 or there is another form for her ? .... I’ve seen one callled the I-864a is that what she fills out ?   

10 hours ago, j.b. said:

hi. use the case number to see your status at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/. if its ready it means your file arrived in auh usem

Thank you. It has been ready since January 24th. Blimey! The fiancee says she has a hard time accessing consistent internet. Any suggestions which Cyber cafes to use or people who can assist process this?

53 minutes ago, bochi17 said:

Thank you. It has been ready since January 24th. Blimey! The fiancee says she has a hard time accessing consistent internet. Any suggestions which Cyber cafes to use or people who can assist process this?

BTW you welcome for the answer I gave you on your question. :huh:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, Janique pine said:

@Greenbaum 

You know what else has been bugging me the affidavita of support ... my income alone can’t support my fiancé so I would have to use my mom also how do i go about that ?... does she has to fill out the form I-864 or there is another form for her ? .... I’ve seen one callled the I-864a is that what she fills out ?   

Can anyone help with this ^^^^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

When I login to https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteLogin?sfdcIFrameOrigin=null&refURL=http%3A%2F%2Fcgifederal.secure.force.com%2F under "New Application/Schedule Appointment", it gives me two options:

1) IV Address Registration

2) Nonimmigrant Visa

So for K1 Visa, Which option should I select to see the available appointments and to schedule my appointment?Screenshot_20190204-104330__01.thumb.jpg.1dd40f577dff46104086b3d25e6c7a36.jpg

7 hours ago, Liflead said:

When I login to https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteLogin?sfdcIFrameOrigin=null&refURL=http%3A%2F%2Fcgifederal.secure.force.com%2F under "New Application/Schedule Appointment", it gives me two options:

1) IV Address Registration

2) Nonimmigrant Visa

So for K1 Visa, Which option should I select to see the available appointments and to schedule my appointment?Screenshot_20190204-104330__01.thumb.jpg.1dd40f577dff46104086b3d25e6c7a36.jpg

Click on Nonimmigrant Visa.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, TGregorio said:

Click on Nonimmigrant Visa.

I clicked on it. There is no option for K1 Visa under that. How did you schedule ur appointment? 

Edited by Liflead

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Immigrants for this time

5 minutes ago, Liflead said:

I clicked on it. There is no option for K1 Visa under that. How did you schedule ur appointment? 

Immigrants for this time

59 minutes ago, Liflead said:

I have a question for you, did you already register and did you create your DS160? If so, the following link should take you to schedule your appointments. I have removed the extra text to this link.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com

Timeline
25 minutes ago, TGregorio said:

I have a question for you, did you already register and did you create your DS160? If so, the following link should take you to schedule your appointments. I have removed the extra text to this link.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com

I registered and created an account on the link u provided. I have filled the DS-160 form but haven't submitted it yet. I am not sure if DS-160 form submission automatically updates the cgifedral website. 

Did u submit the DS-160 form and created an account for appointment later?

Timeline
1 hour ago, H&YP said:

Immigrants for this time

Immigrants for this time

When I login I don't see any immigrant option. I jus see what's shown in the screenshot.

Screenshot_20190204-104330__01.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.