Chris Duffy

Passport is almost full from entry/exit stamps? What Next

10 posts in this topic

I have a few years left on my passport and I have only one page for entry/exit stamps left after my last trip to Philippines.

I plan on returning to Philippines in April and going to Thailand for a few days.

Surely you don't have to get a new passport, Does the US immigration at an airport can they put some additional blank pages in your passport?

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

They discontinued adding new pages to an existing passport.  You would need to get a new passport.  You can order the new passport with more pages on it at no additional cost.  Just got mine.  Was told it could take up to 2 months to get it but received mine in a little over 2 weeks.

Edited by gregcrs2
PS: I had about 18 months left on my old passport.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you have to get a new one

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It sucks, but you'll have to bite the bullet and get a new passport.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup as mentioned, get a new one. I'm in same boat with only couple pages free from other visas for work and travel for work and all; but even my company just told me go get a new one since they don't add any pages anymore.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

On 11/26/2018 at 6:44 AM, gregcrs2 said:

They discontinued adding new pages to an existing passport.  You would need to get a new passport.  You can order the new passport with more pages on it at no additional cost.  Just got mine.  Was told it could take up to 2 months to get it but received mine in a little over 2 weeks.

I got the jumbo size when I got mine renewed in 2016))) It's the size of a little prayer book)))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline

Difference in price of adding pages under the old rules and getting a brand new passport is just $28.  Jumbo passport books are no added charge

YMMV

20 hours ago, boris64 said:

I got the jumbo size when I got mine renewed in 2016))) It's the size of a little prayer book)))

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:36 AM, Chris Duffy said:

I have a few years left on my passport and I have only one page for entry/exit stamps left after my last trip to Philippines.

I plan on returning to Philippines in April and going to Thailand for a few days.

Surely you don't have to get a new passport, Does the US immigration at an airport can they put some additional blank pages in your passport?

I am going to have to get the jumbo size one when I get my passport renewed next year. Luckily I still have a few pages left in my passport so I can travel a little bit more. But what pissed me off when I was working in Afghanistan is that I had to fly in/out of Dubai in order to get to Kandahar Afghanistan. They would seriously stamp the page twice EVERY SINGLE time going in and going out of Dubai.    So I have many pages of just inbound and outbound stamps into the UAE. 

1 hour ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I am going to have to get the jumbo size one when I get my passport renewed next year. Luckily I still have a few pages left in my passport so I can travel a little bit more. But what pissed me off when I was working in Afghanistan is that I had to fly in/out of Dubai in order to get to Kandahar Afghanistan. They would seriously stamp the page twice EVERY SINGLE time going in and going out of Dubai.    So I have many pages of just inbound and outbound stamps into the UAE. 

Ukraine was like that. Never saw a page they didn't want to stamp))))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Ukraine was like that. Never saw a page they didn't want to stamp))))

I must have been lucky,  Ukraine consolidated all my stamps on just two pages 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.