Leilajohns73

Next steps right after being denied for a K-1

55 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My fiance was denied a k-1 due to a few thing. First I started in this group after filing so didn't front load but,  you know our evidence in the end was on point thanks to the group. We had red flags so we loaded up that part in the end he had everything but blood but he knows my type (lol).  We been together since 2016 friends since 2015 engaged in June of 2017. I am 14 years older and only went to Ghana once so we were good with why I didn't visit and our parents sent their happiness in court and notorized letters. I have a regular job with limited vacation time so this yr I had surgery which took up my time for this year to go but had all surgery papers.... we had the questions down to a T because he knows everything about new by heart. He went in turned in documents then saw the first person who then gone him the pamphlet talking about the Visa then to the second white guy 30's who didn't look at evidence just starts questioning him about me, my job, my children and how did he feel about being a stepdad, then about my job which is a money counter for the state,  then asks him did I send him money he answers no because I didn't...... then he stops with the questions and hands him the white paper with 221 on it..... broken my fiance leaves. We are still broken but my faith in God is bigger than this situation. So I need advice as to what are my next steps already sent out 5 emails, faxes to my Congress, Senate, and councilmen yes 5 of them I know it's a long shot a but I need to be proactive this is our lives. I love him so and he me......I need step by step info, how long do I wait to hear from my councilmen? Do I then withdraw my application and the steps to withdrawal it..... then what's next? 

27 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Not much the Congressman can do for u

your best step is to return to Ghana and marry and file the CR1

just write a letter to withdraw the K1 / you can include it with the CR1 application

you did not have enough quality time together

Ghana is a hard embassy

Completely agree with this. The CR1 is your only US option going forward. I know it’s tough to get time to spend together but I highly suggest more face to face time before you reapply. CR1 cases are much stronger (since you are spouses) but with Ghana being such a tough embassy it would be worth doing more visits prior to filing if possible. What did the 221g say?

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Leilajohns73 said:

My fiance was denied a k-1 due to a few thing. First I started in this group after filing so didn't front load but,  you know our evidence in the end was on point thanks to the group. We had red flags so we loaded up that part in the end he had everything but blood but he knows my type (lol).  We been together since 2016 friends since 2015 engaged in June of 2017. I am 14 years older and only went to Ghana once so we were good with why I didn't visit and our parents sent their happiness in court and notorized letters. I have a regular job with limited vacation time so this yr I had surgery which took up my time for this year to go but had all surgery papers.... we had the questions down to a T because he knows everything about new by heart. He went in turned in documents then saw the first person who then gone him the pamphlet talking about the Visa then to the second white guy 30's who didn't look at evidence just starts questioning him about me, my job, my children and how did he feel about being a stepdad, then about my job which is a money counter for the state,  then asks him did I send him money he answers no because I didn't...... then he stops with the questions and hands him the white paper with 221 on it..... broken my fiance leaves. We are still broken but my faith in God is bigger than this situation. So I need advice as to what are my next steps already sent out 5 emails, faxes to my Congress, Senate, and councilmen yes 5 of them I know it's a long shot a but I need to be proactive this is our lives. I love him so and he me......I need step by step info, how long do I wait to hear from my councilmen? Do I then withdraw my application and the steps to withdrawal it..... then what's next? 

Are you sure they aren't asking for additional evidences? Can you send us the documents you got at the embassy 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sounds like not enough face time...As one person posted, just write a letter to withdraw the K1, go back to marry and file a CR1...In the meantime, keep on collecting evidence because we all know Ghana as well as Nigeria are difficult embassies...Good luck on the rest of your journey..

1 hour ago, Leilajohns73 said:

I....only went to Ghana once 

This is why you guys were denied. Fix it by visiting more. It will also overcome your age difference.

1 hour ago, Leilajohns73 said:

So I need advice as to what are my next steps already sent out 5 emails, faxes to my Congress, Senate, and councilmen yes 5 of them I know it's a long shot a but I need to be proactive this is our lives. I love him so and he me......I need step by step info, how long do I wait to hear from my councilmen? Do I then withdraw my application and the steps to withdrawal it..... then what's next? 

This is a waste of time and energy. Representatives cannot influence or change the embassy's decisions. Your options are: 1. Visit each other more (or you can even go live with him), get married and then file CR1 or 2. Forget the US completely and just move to his country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Develop your relationship then get married and file a CR1.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

First off, I am sorry you were denied. I know the heartache of that. 

I understand it’s difficult and expensive to travel to Ghana a bunch, but it’s something you need to do in order to be successful in Ghana especially if you have a red flag like a big age difference. My now husband is older than me, so we didn’t have that issue and didn’t have any other red flags. Still I traveled there 5 times over 2 1/2 years in order to get him here. Time spent together is like gold to this very difficult embassy. 

Next steps is traveling to Ghana and getting married. This time you need to frontload with plenty of quality evidence (check my timeline to see what I submitted at each phase) and you really need to try to make at least one or two more trips there after the wedding. Best of luck. 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, OlayemiLoray said:

Sounds like not enough face time...As one person posted, just write a letter to withdraw the K1, go back to marry and file a CR1...In the meantime, keep on collecting evidence because we all know Ghana as well as Nigeria are difficult embassies...Good luck on the rest of your journey..

Thank you,  going in January

Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

Not much the Congressman can do for u

your best step is to return to Ghana and marry and file the CR1

just write a letter to withdraw the K1 / you can include it with the CR1 application

you did not have enough quality time together

Ghana is a hard embassy

Thank you I'm going back in January,  How long do I got to file the withdrawal should I do that asap.  

Timeline
34 minutes ago, O&GForever said:

I understand it’s difficult and expensive to travel to Ghana a bunch, but it’s something you need to do in order to be successful in Ghana especially if you have a red flag like a big age difference. My now husband is older than me, so we didn’t have that issue and didn’t have any other red flags. Still I traveled there 5 times over 2 1/2 years in order to get him here. Time spent together is like gold to this very difficult embassy. 

Next steps is traveling to Ghana and getting married. This time you need to frontload with plenty of quality evidence (check my timeline to see what I submitted at each phase) and you really need to try to make at least one or two more trips there after the wedding. Best of luck. 

Thank you all so much for all your knowledge and help I am very grateful

Timeline
54 minutes ago, O&GForever said:

Thank you soooo much

1 hour ago, OlayemiLoray said:

Thank you so very much

Timeline
1 hour ago, K & R said:

Completely agree with this. The CR1 is your only US option going forward. I know it’s tough to get time to spend together but I highly suggest more face to face time before you reapply. CR1 cases are much stronger (since you are spouses) but with Ghana being such a tough embassy it would be worth doing more visits prior to filing if possible. What did the 221g say?

1754007664_IMG-20181116-WA00062.thumb.jpg.c17454a1e9301e901dc95e981eeb88e6.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Leilajohns73 said:

1754007664_IMG-20181116-WA00062.thumb.jpg.c17454a1e9301e901dc95e981eeb88e6.jpg

We received the exact same letter when our K1 was denied 3 years ago. While it claims you can get the case revalidated, its doesn’t happen these days. They will send it back to USCIS and it will expire. 

So go to Ghana, get married and start over with the CR1. If you want withdraw your K1 petition, all you need to do is send in a letter to USCIS asking them to withdraw it. I believe ours took about 3 months for that to happen. If you don’t get confirmation before you apply for the CR1, just include a copy of the letter you already sent in with the new paperwork. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, O&GForever said:

We received the exact same letter when our K1 was denied 3 years ago. While it claims you can get the case revalidated, its doesn’t happen these days. They will send it back to USCIS and it will expire. 

So go to Ghana, get married and start over with the CR1. If you want withdraw your K1 petition, all you need to do is send in a letter to USCIS asking them to withdraw it. I believe ours took about 3 months for that to happen. If you don’t get confirmation before you apply for the CR1, just include a copy of the letter you already sent in with the new paperwork. 

Thank you sooo much I appreciate all your help. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.