The Nature  Boy

Migrants in caravan sue Trump and his administration, alleging 'abuse' of 'constitutional rights'

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

They are still in Mexico and are afforded US rights?  I wonder who is paying for this activist lawyer.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Can someone explain to me how a person who has never stepped foot in the US and us not a US citizen or legal immigrant has rights under the US  constitution? The ambulance chasing attorney who filed this should be counter sued along with George Soros who likely funded all of this.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Let them come, accelerate their court dates for Asylum evaluation to immediate, do not allow to be released to the interior, but held at the border. If asylum is found not to apply, turn them around and send them back where they came from immediately, permanently and without appeal. If they attempt to force the crossing treat them as invaders, charge them with criminal endangerment of children. If they are found that asylum is warranted, welcome them as is the norm for true asylum-eligible seekers.

4 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

Let them come, accelerate their court dates for Asylum evaluation to immediate, do not allow to be released to the interior, but held at the border. If asylum is found not to apply, turn them around and send them back where they came from immediately, permanently and without appeal. If they attempt to force the crossing treat them as invaders, charge them with criminal endangerment of children. If they are found that asylum is warranted, welcome them as is the norm for true asylum-eligible seekers.

I am with you except if they try to cross the border by force, it's an invading Army. Let loose the dogs of war 

Filed: Timeline

Six Honduran migrants walking in a "caravan" to seek asylum at the U.S.-Mexico border filed a class-action lawsuit against President Donald Trump, Attorney General Jeff Sessions and other key figures, arguing the administration's immigration proposals are "shockingly unconstitutional."

The civil suit, filed Thursday in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., claims Trump "continues to abuse the law, including constitutional rights, to deter Central Americans from exercising their lawful right to seek asylum in the United States."

The migrants' attorney, John Shoreman, argues that some of Trump's policy proposals violate the due process clause of the Fifth Amendment, which holds that "no person shall ... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law."

Me wonders how Shoreman and these six poor refugees linked up to draw up a contract for him to represent them?

This might be your answer:

“The President is violating federal law, trampling the rights of Americans and legal immigrants to be free from use of the military for law enforcement, and has set up a potential catastrophe at the US/Mexico border all in the name of white nationalism and with the objective of scoring political points,” Mike Donovan, president of Nexus Services, the immigration services company funding the suit, said in a statement.

Link: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/honduran-migrants-sue-trump-administration-over-proposed-border-policies-n930321

Okay. So, I lean left for many issues. But, this is the very reason why I don't lean ALL the way left. They're not even here yet, and none of the policy proposals have been enacted. Ridiculous.

Edited by lierre

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

2 hours ago, lierre said:

Link: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/honduran-migrants-sue-trump-administration-over-proposed-border-policies-n930321

Okay. So, I lean left for many issues. But, this is the very reason why I don't lean ALL the way left. They're not even here yet, and none of the policy proposals have been enacted. Ridiculous.

Yes, a tad ridiculous.

The President is violating federal law, trampling the rights of Americans and legal immigrants to be free from use of the military for law enforcement,...

Except the goal is preventing illegal alien entry, and has zero effect on the rights of Americans; if anything, it’s simply protecting us.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, Satisfied said:

the goal is preventing illegal alien entry, and has zero effect on the rights of Americans

"The President's policy proposals are inhibiting me from contracting multiple diseases that have otherwise been largely eradicated, and from paying more taxes to fund leeches on the Welfare and social support networks.  I am offended and demand justice.  Vote Democrat on November 6!"

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

21 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

I can agree with this.

18 hours ago, lierre said:

And this is why I predict a Republican victory on Tuesday. The left is becoming so radicalized they are alienating moderates in their own party.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

23 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

My question is... how can you possibly deny ANY of them asylum?  If 100% of them show up and 100% claim they seek asylum, then why would not 100% of them be allowed in?