JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

We were desperate as well, especially when finding out people who filed in December and January had their interviews over a month ago. 

Our status changed to ready to be scheduled 5 months after filing and the website status changed to "Interview was scheduled" a week later. 

We don't have the actual notification yet, so we have no clue about the date of our interview, but based on what others have posted, the appointment could be in a month from now. 

So I bet you'll get scheduled in the following days, maybe even tomorrow! 

I'm certain our files were forgotten in a box until recently, as San Diego is one of the fastest offices, scheduling most interviews, three months after filing.

I neeeeeeed to see San Diego!!! Can we switch; you can have my terrible photographer combo and I can have your GC interview???!!! Lmao.

congrats again!!!!! I must see San Diego soon. It’s so beautiful. I need water and a trip away from the desert lol 😂 

14 hours ago, jakejon said:

I neeeeeeed to see San Diego!!! Can we switch; you can have my terrible photographer combo and I can have your GC interview???!!! Lmao.

congrats again!!!!! I must see San Diego soon. It’s so beautiful. I need water and a trip away from the desert lol 😂 

Thanks!!! 😆

We totally need to see that photograph you talk about. 😜

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
On 4/25/2019 at 3:27 PM, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Getting antsy over here as well...I just checked the USCIS app, and I saw that they approved the case just before ours, as well as the case just after ours today. COME ON USCIS, the suspense is killing us! Fingers crossed we all receive some good news soon! :jest:

How do you do this?

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fils 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys, i just want to know how long will it take to actually get a letter regarding your interview schedule? My case has been updated 7 days ago that “Interview Was Scheduled”...and i haven’t receive anything in the mail 😞😞😞

• 11/10/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago (I-485 to I-765)
  • 11/19/18 - NOA for AOS (I-485)
  • 11/19/18 - NOA for Petition for Alien Relative (I-130)
  • 11/19/18 -NOA for Application for Travel Document (I-131)
  • 11/19/18 - NOA for EAD (I-765)
  • 12/10/18 - Biometrics
  • 04/03/19 - Case status of I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
  • 04/19/19 - Case status of I-485 changed to "Interview was Scheduled"
  • 04/29/19 - Received Interview letter in the mail
  • 05/30/19 - Interview on the spot approval
  • 06/07/19 - Conditional Green Card received
  • 03/03/21 - Package Delivered to Phoenix AZ (I-751)
  • 04/01/21 - NOA Receipt of payment and extension of Conditional Green Card
  • 08/19/2021 - NOA Approval Notice for (I-751)
  • 08/28/2021 - 10 Year Green Card received 
  • 09/06/2022 - N-400 Online application sent
  • 03/14/2023 - N-400 Interview was Scheduled
  • 04/19/2023 - Passed Citizenship Naturalization Interview
  • 05/23/2023 - Naturalization Oath taking ceremony

44 minutes ago, tombs07 said:

Guys, i just want to know how long will it take to actually get a letter regarding your interview schedule? My case has been updated 7 days ago that “Interview Was Scheduled”...and i haven’t receive anything in the mail 😞😞😞

You probably will get it on Monday. Dont worry. They dont send you paper right away when you see your status changed. USPS is fast compare to what I saw in diff countries, but you still have to wait.

Edited by AnJay

Honestly feel like I’m going into meltdown over my RFIE.... I am so beside myself. It’s something so incredibly complicated given my husbands job and situation as to how we respond to it. EAD / AP are both on hold due to it and we are at 172 days. I just feel sick. Who knows how long it’ll take for us to gather the info we need (our accountant SUCKS.) I just wanna cry :(  I’m so over this cr*p 

Edited by Penny&Lee

2 minutes ago, Penny&Lee said:

Honestly feel like I’m going into meltdown over my RFIE.... I am so beside myself. It’s something so incredibly complicated given my husbands job and situation as to how we respond to it. EAD / AP are both on hold due to it and we are at 172 days. I just feel sick. Who knows how long it’ll take for us to gather the info we need (our accountant SUCKS.) I just wanna cry :(  I’m so over this cr*p 

Why do you need accountant? Request tax transcrip online, its easier. As I remeber your USC earnes enough, you just didnt submit full tax return. 

47 minutes ago, AnJay said:

Why do you need accountant? Request tax transcrip online, its easier. As I remeber your USC earnes enough, you just didnt submit full tax return. 

I have done but it seems they were filed incorrectly because it’s saying he earns way less than he does. So I have no idea now what’s going on. His dad is the person dealing with the accountant and I’m being left in the dark about the entire situation. I want to contact her myself but it’s not really that easy. 

Just now, Penny&Lee said:

I have done but it seems they were filed incorrectly because it’s saying he earns way less than he does. So I have no idea now what’s going on. His dad is the person dealing with the accountant and I’m being left in the dark about the entire situation. I want to contact her myself but it’s not really that easy. 

(Way less than he does aka he won’t meet the poverty guideline), although he earns 60k~ above the guideline. 

3 hours ago, tombs07 said:

Congratulations on getting your interview scheduled! 🎉🙌🏼 I didn’t receive my letter for about 10 calendar days, so I know how you’re feeling. 😓 Funny thing was our lawyer got the letter 3 days before we got ours 🤨

Something that helped me that I learned from these amazing people in this forum was to signed up for informed delivery with USPS. It’s a free feature that will inform you of any mail/packages that will be out for delivery that day. I get emails around 8am and the mailman comes around 1pm  ✉️ so it helps when you  are anxiously waiting for that important piece of mail! Congrats again 👍🏼

On 4/25/2019 at 7:32 PM, jakejon said:

I neeeeeeed to see San Diego!!!

Yesssss! 😄 lol Gaslamp District is so fun 🍻

Come visit ☀️

15 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

We totally need to see that photograph you talk about😜

Haha would love to see this as well! I was definitely unaware they use your biometric picture vs your passport photo 🤬 🥴

dang it! Mine will more or less look like 🧟‍♀️

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Soul Mate said:

Congratulations on getting your interview scheduled! 🎉🙌🏼 I didn’t receive my letter for about 10 calendar days, so I know how you’re feeling. 😓 Funny thing was our lawyer got the letter 3 days before we got ours 🤨

Something that helped me that I learned from these amazing people in this forum was to signed up for informed delivery with USPS. It’s a free feature that will inform you of any mail/packages that will be out for delivery that day. I get emails around 8am and the mailman comes around 1pm  ✉️ so it helps when you  are anxiously waiting for that important piece of mail! Congrats again 👍🏼

I have signed up with the USPS informed delivery long ago, however we designate the address to our lawyer. I’m a little bit anxious that it passed the standard mailing time window. Okay, i’ll wait until this coming week. Thank you guys for your replies. Much love and support! ♥️♥️♥️

• 11/10/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago (I-485 to I-765)
  • 11/19/18 - NOA for AOS (I-485)
  • 11/19/18 - NOA for Petition for Alien Relative (I-130)
  • 11/19/18 -NOA for Application for Travel Document (I-131)
  • 11/19/18 - NOA for EAD (I-765)
  • 12/10/18 - Biometrics
  • 04/03/19 - Case status of I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
  • 04/19/19 - Case status of I-485 changed to "Interview was Scheduled"
  • 04/29/19 - Received Interview letter in the mail
  • 05/30/19 - Interview on the spot approval
  • 06/07/19 - Conditional Green Card received
  • 03/03/21 - Package Delivered to Phoenix AZ (I-751)
  • 04/01/21 - NOA Receipt of payment and extension of Conditional Green Card
  • 08/19/2021 - NOA Approval Notice for (I-751)
  • 08/28/2021 - 10 Year Green Card received 
  • 09/06/2022 - N-400 Online application sent
  • 03/14/2023 - N-400 Interview was Scheduled
  • 04/19/2023 - Passed Citizenship Naturalization Interview
  • 05/23/2023 - Naturalization Oath taking ceremony

13 hours ago, Penny&Lee said:

(Way less than he does aka he won’t meet the poverty guideline), although he earns 60k~ above the guideline. 

For self employed people they consider total income. My husband makes whayy over the poverty but after some deductions its usually less and some people are very agressive on deductions and sometimes have just a little to show. On tax return for 2017 your amount on line 22 will be considered, on tax return for 2018 its line 6. 

I was so frustrated with taxes also. 

Hope you guys will sorted it out!

Edited by AnJay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.