November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, ChuAni said:

EAD-New Card Produced: April 10th

Filed: Nov. 22nd

NOA1: Nov. 27th

Congrats! Our dates are nearly the same! I’m sitting day dreaming with wishful thinkful but sure it’s so nice to see others getting approved 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I  am now at 147 days my AOS/EAD never change since 12/23 for "fingerprint fee recieved" , and "case recieved". I am nOW frustrated checking and checking my status to be change everyday👼👼 praying all november filers got good news this week or even next week my PD was 11/21, NOA1 11/23....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Congrats! Our dates are nearly the same! I’m sitting day dreaming with wishful thinkful but sure it’s so nice to see others getting approved 😊

Congrats!

4 hours ago, JunkTardis said:

I had my InfoPass on Tuesday, my appointment was for 8:45am at USCIS. I left early since it's a 50 minute drive and got there for about 8:10am. Went in, friendly airport style security as usual and they just told me to go check in at the desk. I got seen straight away at 8:15am, half an hour early. Why oh why can't the rest of this process be that fast?

Anyway, I explained the situation and reason for expedite on AP and the lady explained she'd be happy to expedite but that there shouldn't be an immediate need (I explained I was aiming to go in June). She told me there's no good reason why I wouldn't have my Green Card in hand by mid-May. She did say I could pay to expedite AP, about $500 and re-send the AP again OR if I don't have GC by June 1, she said she'd do an 'emergency expedite' on AP.

I also talked to her about my RFIE for AOS in regards to my English Birth Certificate that was apparently a translation, I showed her my RFIE and my Birth Certificate. She showed the officers behind her and they scratched their heads and had a chuckle with me about the stupidity of the RFIE. They also said not to worry, someone at the NBC probably lost it. Crisis averted, hopefully in the next 6 weeks we have ALL had interviews OR have them scheduled.

Truly hope they live up to their promises and you get the GC by May. 

2 hours ago, jakejon said:

You've been so supportive of all of us that we will be elated when you finally get that long awaited EAD/AP. 💚

51 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Lucky him! I've gained like 40!

I can barely fit my calf in my old skinny jeans 😂😂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

All of a sudden I thought that maybe those March filers who are reporting approvals are just getting overexcited about their biometrics appointment. :jest:

Some of the March filers are getting ready to be schedule for interview. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Penny&Lee said:

Yeah don’t pay much if any attention to VJ timelines. The info on here is based on those who update their timelines. You also can’t forget that people using VJ are just a very very small percentage of those who have filed. There are many who aren’t on forums who are also undergoing the process, so that alone will make the estimates invalid. 

I also know of someone who has gotten their GC interview in 4 months, it is what it is. Just some FO’s are faster than others. It sucks, but what can we do? Haha. I’m in NY and I know that the processing times here for AOS have to be extremely long. 

Just dont follow the VJ timelines, be patient, time will come :) good luck!

Hi.. I'm from NY too! Suffolk County area...and you're right, NY is one of the slowest FO when it comes to processing of AOS. But i met someone, it was 2016 when she received her GC and she was never interviewed. She just received her GC in mail. At first I didn't believe but I don't want to be rude either by saying "you are just kidding me".. 😄 She told me that she waited like a year to received the card.

31 minutes ago, Bluewaters said:

Some of the March filers are getting ready to be schedule for interview. 

Its doesnt matter that much. Its all about their local field offices, some of them way faster than others. 

21 minutes ago, Lakwatsera said:

Hi.. I'm from NY too! Suffolk County area...and you're right, NY is one of the slowest FO when it comes to processing of AOS. But i met someone, it was 2016 when she received her GC and she was never interviewed. She just received her GC in mail. At first I didn't believe but I don't want to be rude either by saying "you are just kidding me".. 😄 She told me that she waited like a year to received the card.

They just changed the rules for K1 Green card interviews as of April 2017. Before that the interview was waived because we had already had one. Now not so much.

18 minutes ago, Lakwatsera said:

Interviews could be waived, but not long ago, they became mandatory for all K1's going through AOS.

From what I've read, it was better to get an interview back in the day, as those who didn't, waited even more. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

They just changed the rules for K1 Green card interviews as of April 2017. Before that the interview was waived because we had already had one. Now not so much.

Oh i see. Thanks for the info.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.