JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Frannyj said:

Day 94 it’s so depressing:(

Day 94 also ;_; what annoys me is seeing / hearing of others getting interview appointment scheduled who have filed AFTER us. It’s such a bizarre and unfair system.

Edited by Penny&Lee

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Penny&Lee said:

Day 94 also ;_; what annoys me is seeing / hearing of others getting interview appointment scheduled who have filed AFTER us. It’s such a bizarre and unfair system.

I know right! I keep checking the Facebook group i am in praying to see someone getting ead for October. They doing September now, once I see October I will be happy. I hope we get it soon I feel this is so unfair to us. 

39 minutes ago, Frannyj said:

I know right! I keep checking the Facebook group i am in praying to see someone getting ead for October. They doing September now, once I see October I will be happy. I hope we get it soon I feel this is so unfair to us. 

I’ve seen a few December filers get interview notice already, it’s absolutely appalling. Fingers crossed for us all and those before us!

3 hours ago, Penny&Lee said:

Entirely depends on the interview backup at local field office.....

3 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Entirely depends on the interview backup at local field office.....

Ty

Edited by Penny&Lee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not that I have the DL out of the way - I need a project to keep me going for a few weeks! How do beneficiaries spend their time?

I'm looking inspiration as I do love my projects but I'm not overly technical so struggling a little LOL :) 

Edited by jakejon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Has anyone have this or heard of it? 

Keep checking the USCIS website just out of curiosity mostly. Everything was going fine until today and I can't really get why. 

Statuses changed from visa was approved to card was issued and sent, then on the 12th of February the status changed to say that USPS have my card now and there was a number to track it. On USPS website it said they will deliver in on February 15th. Today I received a Welcome to the USA I-797 and decided to check the status just in case. It changed to this... We didn't change the address and I was home tomorrow all day! Any ideas on what the problem can be ? 

greencard-3 — копия.jpg

16 minutes ago, Wonderman said:

My receipt is November 10 2018 but on the priority date is marked February 08 2018. Is that how everyone's are?

It depends on what category you filed for AOS under. The majority of us are K1s who do not have PDs. You on the other hand, most likely filed a petition first and then AOS. I'm just guessing though because you dont have your timeline filled out.......

Edited by K1visaHopeful

3 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

It depends on what category you filed for AOS under. The majority of us are K1s who do not have PDs. You on the other hand, most likely filed a petition first and then AOS. I'm just guessing though because you dont have your timeline filled out.......

Yeah. Filed petition first. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, LenaT said:

Has anyone have this or heard of it? 

Keep checking the USCIS website just out of curiosity mostly. Everything was going fine until today and I can't really get why. 

Statuses changed from visa was approved to card was issued and sent, then on the 12th of February the status changed to say that USPS have my card now and there was a number to track it. On USPS website it said they will deliver in on February 15th. Today I received a Welcome to the USA I-797 and decided to check the status just in case. It changed to this... We didn't change the address and I was home tomorrow all day! Any ideas on what the problem can be ? 

greencard-3 — копия.jpg

Do you have informed delivery- it'd show up for your viewing? Wander if USCIS put wrong address accidentally on it? Only my thoughts. Hope you get it back soon :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, jakejon said:

Do you have informed delivery- it'd show up for your viewing? Wander if USCIS put wrong address accidentally on it? Only my thoughts. Hope you get it back soon :) 

I don't know what it is.. I thought it was supposed to be just a letter. I am sitting at home and looking out of the window like a crazy person. :D 

Thank you :)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, LenaT said:

I don't know what it is.. I thought it was supposed to be just a letter. I am sitting at home and looking out of the window like a crazy person. :D 

Thank you :)

This made me LMAO!! I remember my mum sent me a Xmas Box of UK delights at Christmas. I was like after 3 weeks - where is it? Went to the PO and the lazy postman couldn't be bothered going up to the 4th floor to deliver it. So it was going to be sent back to the UK as apparently there was no one in our apartment that day! Lies... I have no EAD/AP so what else or where else would I be? hahahahaha :P 

Edited by jakejon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

GC arrived in the mail today yipeee.

LFO: Spokane, WA

My timeline:

AOS sent: 6 Nov 18

NOA 1 hard copy received: 23 Nov 18

Biometrics: 12 Dec 18

Ready to schedule interview: 19 Dec 18

Interview was scheduled: 2 Jan 19

Interview appointment: 7 Feb 19

Same day the online status changed to new card is being produced. 

Approval/welcome letter hard copy: 11 Feb 19

Card was mailed to me: 12 Feb 19

Card was picked up by the USPS: 13 Feb 19

Interview experience: 

We arrived 40 minutes in advance, saw at least 2 couples leaving the interview room then it’s was my turn. The IO is professional, not intimidating and a nice guy to chat with! I got a verbal approval, was Informed to expect the card within 10-14 days, he mentioned about the ROC and gave me a piece of paper with info. 

To those still waiting don’t lose patience and trust the process! 

We did our K1 and AOS on our own, no RFE on both. 

Reading carefully the instructions, attention to the details and Visa Journey helped us a lot.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Cris&Rich said:

GC arrived in the mail today yipeee.

LFO: Spokane, WA

My timeline:

AOS sent: 6 Nov 18

NOA 1 hard copy received: 23 Nov 18

Biometrics: 12 Dec 18

Ready to schedule interview: 19 Dec 18

Interview was scheduled: 2 Jan 19

Interview appointment: 7 Feb 19

Same day the online status changed to new card is being produced. 

Approval/welcome letter hard copy: 11 Feb 19

Card was mailed to me: 12 Feb 19

Card was picked up by the USPS: 13 Feb 19

Interview experience: 

We arrived 40 minutes in advance, saw at least 2 couples leaving the interview room then it’s was my turn. The IO is professional, not intimidating and a nice guy to chat with! I got a verbal approval, was Informed to expect the card within 10-14 days, he mentioned about the ROC and gave me a piece of paper with info. 

To those still waiting don’t lose patience and trust the process! 

We did our K1 and AOS on our own, no RFE on both. 

Reading carefully the instructions, attention to the details and Visa Journey helped us a lot.

Wow, that's amazing - congratulations! I feel like the Spokane office is so quick. I almost wish I lived in eastern WA just for that (I had to file through the Seattle office, which is incredibly slow). Glad your experience was so smooth :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.