JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
13 hours ago, RambaCat said:

I agree on the vegetables too - food in general...everything tastes so sweet to me, it's weird.

Good luck with your interview! I'm sure you will be fine; as long as you have some pictures, a little bit of evidence and are genuine, I'm pretty sure that's all the officer will be looking for. They can't expect you to have a ton of evidence, after all, because you've only recently moved here as far as they are concerned! It will be removal of conditions that they want a small forest of evidence, but you'll have two years for that! ;)

Exactly! Even oranges, that are supposed to be sour are sweet...🙈

Thank you! Luck is all we all need right now. I hope everyone will receive their dates soon and become more independent as a result. I can't wait to start working. Anywhere! I don't even care what type of work it will be. 😅

Edited by LenaT

2 hours ago, Frannyj said:

84 days and nothing. I wish we got her ead in the 90 day period still. This wait is so frustrating:(

78 days for us. Still seeing "fingerprint fee received". We're hoping it updates by Valentine's day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
10 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

78 days for us. Still seeing "fingerprint fee received". We're hoping it updates by Valentine's day.

Kansas City seems to be processing fast, so I'm pretty sure you'll hear from them within 2 weeks.

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

19 minutes ago, Gibus said:

What were the processing times before?

It went from 6 Months to 7.5 minimums before, I think it was 7.5 to 18 so to see it up to 12 to 23 months was a bit of a shock! :(

Grats on the notifications though! I'm excited for your interview 😂

16 minutes ago, LenaT said:

Exactly! Even oranges, that are supposed to be sour are sweet...🙈

Thank you! Luck is all we all need right now. I hope everyone will receive their dates soon and become more independent as a result. I can't wait to start working. Anywhere! I don't even care what type of work it will be. 😅

I want to start growing my own, but my roommate said that apparently they are strict here on homegrown food, some home owners associations won't allow it! 😮 

Any work would be good work! :D

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

@RambaCat Mine went from 6.5 to 27 to 9 to 31.5 months a month ago I think. But here I am with the scheduled interview after 3 months. I don't think it will affect your case, it might be for the people who apply now.

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Timeline
5 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

I want to start growing my own, but my roommate said that apparently they are strict here on homegrown food, some home owners associations won't allow it! 😮 

I heard the same :( I want to grow gooseberries and black/red currants but both are banned from importing and growing in our state, because supposedly they carry some virus that destroys pines..

Timeline
1 minute ago, Gibus said:

@RambaCat Mine went from 6.5 to 27 to 9 to 31.5 months a month ago I think. But here I am with the scheduled interview after 3 months. I don't think it will affect your case, it might be for the people who apply now.

My office shows 10.5 to 22, even though it was 10 to 21 a month ago. I have my interview date and I hope it only affects people with really complicated stories adjusting status from student or tourist visas..

3 minutes ago, Gibus said:

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're right, or that the EAD at least hurries up! Watching the K1 timelines increase last year was hard enough while in the process

5 minutes ago, LenaT said:

I heard the same :( I want to grow gooseberries and black/red currants but both are banned from importing and growing in our state, because supposedly they carry some virus that destroys pines..

Wow, I don't know that I'd be able to manage without those berries! I don't know what, if any, food is banned here growing wise...but I'll have to check it out before I plant anything I suppose!

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I checked earlier this week. Las Vegas is absolutely ridiculous for AOS. Initially when I moved here, it was 10.5-23.5 months, then it went to 15.5-24 months and now its something like 12-23.5 months. All I know is I'm not going to be getting an interview this year. Heaven knows, maybe Feb 2020+ 

So frustrating, grrr... :(  

Timeline

But then again, that's why I like EAD/AP - for those waiting forever for an interview (and for everyone else) can get on with their life and get out of this 'being on hold impasse' :) 

Edited by jakejon

17 minutes ago, jakejon said:

But then again, that's why I like EAD/AP - for those waiting forever for an interview (and for everyone else) can get on with their life and get out of this 'being on hold impasse' :) 

I mean, at least the worst case scenario in terms of wait times mean you get a 10 year greencard right off the bat? Still would be a long old wait though - and not one I want for myself...but then the EAD/AP would certainly improve the horrible waiting we're doing now!

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

1 hour ago, LenaT said:

My office shows 10.5 to 22, even though it was 10 to 21 a month ago. I have my interview date and I hope it only affects people with really complicated stories adjusting status from student or tourist visas..

You hope it only affects people with student or tourist Visa? What a likeable lady, you must get invited to a lot of parties 🙄😶. Everyone who is adjusting have the same right.

5 minutes ago, Az&Br said:

My EAD status has just changed to “New card is being produced” 

:) 

Did you expedite your EAD?

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Wonderman said:

You hope it only affects people with student or tourist Visa? What a likeable lady, you must get invited to a lot of parties 🙄😶. Everyone who is adjusting have the same right.

Oh I would hope so. I mean I know someone who decided to use a ESTA and have this wonderful wedding. When I met them a while back they said they didn't bother with the K1/CR-1. You could imagine my absolute anger on behalf of people who do things correctly and follow the law to a T. Now, I'm not saying that certain 'surprises' can't magically happen but I don't buy personally - how people can just up route their whole life and just decide to marry and then do AOS from an ESTA!! Obviously intentions are identified at POE but come on, like seriously?!! I don't buy it. Sorry, I really hope I don't offend anyone. 

Edited by jakejon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.