JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
15 minutes ago, A&A13 said:

Can you tell me which address you sent it to?

I'm sorry I don't remember the exact address, but it was the one that appeared in the email they send me.

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

3 hours ago, jakejon said:

So not an expedite but I PASSED my drive test 1st go in Vegas! If my butt could clap for me I'd let it LMAO!!!!!! I can finally drive myself, yaaaayyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Grats!!! :D 

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

88 days in Fingerprint Fee Received. Hoping for a little magic before day 90 although my hopes aren't high anymore. Oh well 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, rrobin0609 said:

88 days in Fingerprint Fee Received. Hoping for a little magic before day 90 although my hopes aren't high anymore. Oh well 🤷‍♀️

We're in the same boat :( I can't help but check daily to see if anything has changed but it is unsurprisingly a big "nope". Even if it was just to 'interview ready to schedule', it'd be better than nothing.

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm starting to dread looking at my VJ timelime. It now shows my EAD/AP is expected May 7th. I know the expected processing times are 4-6 months. Wander if they are slowing down or whether it's maybe because people don't update their timelines on VJ when approved!  

1 minute ago, jakejon said:

I'm starting to dread looking at my VJ timelime. It now shows my EAD/AP is expected May 7th. I know the expected processing times are 4-6 months. Wander if they are slowing down or whether it's maybe because people don't update their timelines on VJ when approved!  

I'm HOPING for the latter 😂 I'd rather it be people just being lazy rather than the truth. I've not looked at my timeline for a while, because it makes me grumpy every time.

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Timeline
6 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

I'm HOPING for the latter 😂 I'd rather it be people just being lazy rather than the truth. I've not looked at my timeline for a while, because it makes me grumpy every time.

Yeah for sure! I just wander how back 'in the day' they had the 90 day rule for trying to issue EAD/AP. I know some may have went past that date but it puts so much pressure on couples. Not only that but it infuriates me on behalf of others who can't drive in their state until they get an EAD. Surely, this is the best time to allow beneficiaries to have some 'independence' 

Edited by jakejon

Just now, jakejon said:

Yeah for sure! I just wander how back 'in the day' they had the 90 day rule for trying to issue EAD/AP. I know some may have went past that date but it puts so much pressure on couples. Not only that but if infuriates me on behalf of others who can't drive in their state until they get an EAD. Surely, this is the best time to allow beneficiaries to have some 'independence' 

Honestly, I think it was as recently as April last year. I haven't really looked back that far, but it wouldn't surprise me if the part of the delay was caused by the backlog of K1s they had to clear because they went almost inactive for a few months. Regardless, there HAS to be a better way to process EADs than the way they do now.

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, rrobin0609 said:

Day 94 it’s so depressing:(

Timeline
4 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

Honestly, I think it was as recently as April last year. I haven't really looked back that far, but it wouldn't surprise me if the part of the delay was caused by the backlog of K1s they had to clear because they went almost inactive for a few months. Regardless, there HAS to be a better way to process EADs than the way they do now.

For sure! Even if local offices processed them for each district/state! I know people say, well that's why theirs the affidavit of support but come on - there's only so much debt/financial dips that couples can take and endure!! I just feel like we are getting deeper and deeper in a black debt hole! :( 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline

NOT only that but people need to have independence and purpose! It really makes me feel like down sometimes as I want to help my husband out financially but I can't. It just breaks my heart to see him sacrificing everything he loved before I came and to downgrade on so much! :(

Edited by jakejon

20 minutes ago, jakejon said:

NOT only that but people need to have independence and purpose! It really makes me feel like down sometimes as I want to help my husband out financially but I can't. It just breaks my heart to see him sacrificing everything he loved before I came and to downgrade on so much! :(

I have the same problem; our rent and bills are more than two weeks of my husbands wages; and we're sharing accommodation and bills with another couple - not including food and fuel. If we'd tried to go at it alone, I honestly don't think it'd be possible. And he earns above the 125% required for AOS. I just want to help him. 😕

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Timeline
2 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

I have the same problem; our rent and bills are more than two weeks of my husbands wages; and we're sharing accommodation and bills with another couple - not including food and fuel. If we'd tried to go at it alone, I honestly don't think it'd be possible. And he earns above the 125% required for AOS. I just want to help him. 😕

Yeah, totally get this. He has to do a delivery job on top of working FT. Just think it's so heart wrenching! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.