Jump to content
Katiejon

i think i royally messed up

24 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Interview for K-1... you don't interact at all with NVC during the process for a K-1 so. They just send you a case number and that's it.


08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

03/06/2017 - NOA1's received via text

03/31/2017 - Biometrics appointment Completed

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gifvd9wauve2wlsd9fuctxk.gifgiphy.gif     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aos paperwork is taken to interview.

 

as said, k1s dont do anything at NVC other than transfer hands, so to speak


5/7/2018 K1       Application mailed

5/9/2018             Application rec'd and signed for (sent via fedex)

5/14/2018          NOA1 Email notification

5/18/2018          NOA1 Paper copy rec'd (i797C)

11/5/2018          NOA2 ❤️ no RFE's

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

aos paperwork is taken to interview.

 

as said, k1s dont do anything at NVC other than transfer hands, so to speak

Well they must sit on those hands then for a period of time


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, debbiedoo said:

aos paperwork is taken to interview.

 

as said, k1s dont do anything at NVC other than transfer hands, so to speak

Believe it or not the NVC can jack with the process too. 

 

They aren't purely a middleman that does nothing but hand it off. 

 

If that were the case then why even exist. 

 

Like payxibka said, they sit on those hands for a hell of a long time if they are doing nothing but passing the buck. 

 

I can't say for sure what they do but if I were to guess, the whole notion of "Administrative Processing" they always fall back on when people call to ask about the status of their case is them spot checking the package for any excuse to either sit on it longer or send it back to the USCIS. Because hey! Why not throw out the power trip and show everyone they can jack with you if they want with no repercussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Alekezam said:

Believe it or not the NVC can jack with the process too. 

 

They aren't purely a middleman that does nothing but hand it off. 

 

If that were the case then why even exist. 

 

Like payxibka said, they sit on those hands for a hell of a long time if they are doing nothing but passing the buck. 

 

I can't say for sure what they do but if I were to guess, the whole notion of "Administrative Processing" they always fall back on when people call to ask about the status of their case is them spot checking the package for any excuse to either sit on it longer or send it back to the USCIS. Because hey! Why not throw out the power trip and show everyone they can jack with you if they want with no repercussion.

The NVC is part of the DOS.  For K1 all they do is forward the case to the appropriate consulate or embassy.  They may hold onto it for a period of time if the embassy is asking them to.

They exist for visas that require intake like immigrant visas.  

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NikLR said:

The NVC is part of the DOS.  For K1 all they do is forward the case to the appropriate consulate or embassy.  They may hold onto it for a period of time if the embassy is asking them to.

They exist for visas that require intake like immigrant visas.  

I just called the NVC to ask out of curiosity and they told me they do look at the case to make sure everything is in order. If they find something they deem to be wrong with the case they will send it back to the USCIS (whatever that means). I suppose there has to be layers upon layers of checking what's already been checked.....sigh. That's on top of them creating a case number and inputting the case into their system. 

 

Just another step in the process that could potentially result in a delay. 

 

I'm with you on that they should do nothing but just send it off but we all know nothing is ever that simple when dealing with a government entity. 

 

I mean honestly, why add another step to the process if all they're going to do is drop it right back in the mail? 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because without nvc which is a part of the department of state, you are asking the uscis , which is a part of homeland security , to make a decision on what embassy to send it too.  Can you imagine how many misrouted petitions there would be 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Because without nvc which is a part of the department of state, you are asking the uscis , which is a part of homeland security , to make a decision on what embassy to send it too.  Can you imagine how many misrouted petitions there would be 

Good point.

 

Agreed, they facilitate that part of it, otherwise, cases would be mistakenly sent all over the place. 

 

What I was trying to convey was that they don't simply just take cases and send them off no questions asked.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a summary  of what my husband's interview was like in Dublin, it's here:  https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=178664  


K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, payxibka said:

Well they must sit on those hands then for a period of time

I'd agree with this. Nearly 8 weeks in AP at NVC for us. There are two rather large threads on here in regard to that.


I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alekezam said:

 

 

I mean honestly, why add another step to the process if all they're going to do is drop it right back in the mail? 

 

 

 

 

Because you need as much red tape and inefficiency as possible, that's why. Can you imagine the government making this process simpler and faster? Anathema, so many people had to wait in the past, so all the new potential immigrants have to wait in the future. 

 

Personally, I don't understand why the process of issuing visas is not handled by embassies entirely, there's the occasional DCF but it's too rare. But I'm the one creating the system, so what can I say? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×