Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

Congrats! How did you find out about the wrong consulate? I've read that the first 3 letters is the consulate acronym, mine says "CDJ" I'm assuming that's "Ciudad Juarez"...

Yours will be just right, When I rang, the officer gave me the number and mentioned that my case will be forwarded to Sydney. So my case number is SYD at the moment. Lol

Edited by June1990

NOA1: 02/26/2018 (old website)

NOA1: 03/01/2018 (new website)

RFE issued 09/19/2018 - waiting for the hard copy 

Finally Recieved a faxed copy of the RFE 10/22/2018 

sent the faxed RFE copy 10/29/2018 

Received a hard copy in the mail 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/06/2018 😃💃💃💃

Received an email from NVC about receiving the case Recently. 11/15/2018

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, June1990 said:

Yours will be just right, When I rang, the officer gave me the number and mentioned that my case will be forwarded to Sydney. So my case number is SYD at the moment. Lol

I hope they move fast with the transfer! 

It's crazy how unpredictable the process is but we are 75% done with it! 

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

I hope they move fast with the transfer! 

It's crazy how unpredictable the process is but we are 75% done with it! 

Yeah I hope. 

Hahha I know, I still remember those roots lol 

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, pretendthisisfun said:

My advice to everyone who has their NOA2 and waiting on the NVC for a case number or to send to the embassy is to take a deep breath, sit back and relax.  We got our NOA2 on October 17, and we are still at NVC.  It didn't arrive at NVC until 11/14.  We were issued a case number 11/23 but still didn't make the shipment.  We are hoping to be on the December 11 one.  I also have seen people whose file was received, the number issued and shipped all within two weeks time.  But the quickest example is not common or the average.  Stressing out or paranoia isn't going to help you, your relationship, or make the process move any faster.  Calling isn't going to get your file moved along any quicker.  Once you have the case number, you can do what you can.  Take this time to prepare all the remaining documents you need.  Gather your financial records, ensure they have the police clearance, etc.  Click on the portal on the top left and check for what comes next or see if @Greenbaum  has posted the P3 for your embassy in the thread for your embassy or in this thread, or the October thread.  

Believe me, I understand how you feel.  We all just want to be with the person we love.  We all are tired of waiting and worried that something is going wrong.  But you will fare better if you put that nervous energy into getting everything prepared and ready for the next step.  This stage might take longer than you expect, but still nowhere near as long as the last stage.  And once you are at the embassy, the finish line is in site.  I say all this because I need to hear it myself.  Hopefully, it can help some of you out as well.  Good luck and God bless!

Thank you. Needed to hear this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, everyone. I'm just a bit confused. In the NOA2 (received Nov. 8), it says that we're supposed to wait for a letter from NVC which says that the case will be forwarded to the consulate. And that if we don't get that letter after 30 days of the NOA2, we have to email NVC to inquire. It does not say anywhere to call NVC and ask for a case number. Hope someone could help me clarify the info I'm seeing here. Thank you.

Edited by G C
Forgot to say thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, June1990 said:

Hey guys, omg can’t believe this, we finally got our NVC NO, although unfortunately they have the wrong embassy in there. They’ve adviced me to change the info via website but they don’t guarantee if they will have time to check this request. Any suggestions @Greenbaum 

Hope we get our soon, same NOA2 as you guys. Congrats

®️

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, G C said:

Hello, everyone. I'm just a bit confused. In the NOA2 (received Nov. 8), it says that we're supposed to wait for a letter from NVC which says that the case will be forwarded to the consulate. And that if we don't get that letter after 30 days of the NOA2, we have to email NVC to inquire. It does not say anywhere to call NVC and ask for a case number. Hope someone could help me clarify the info I'm seeing here. Thank you.

I never called once.  I posted an update to asknvc and I received my reply when the case number was issued.   Also received the official notice the day the petition was shipped to the embassy 

YMMV

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Valmabe said:

Hope we get our soon, same NOA2 as you guys. Congrats

Sending my prayers your way. You’ll get yours soon too. We’ve all been tested with patience here so it’s just a little more time. ❤️

event.png

YAYYYYYYYYYYY

2 minutes ago, yirkam said:

Sooooo happy finally got a case number from NVC today. My case arrived at NVC on Nov 19 and got case number Dec 03. 

they are working! u are for sure in the next batch DEC 12/11 Dec 12/12

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, yirkam said:

Sooooo happy finally got a case number from NVC today. My case arrived at NVC on Nov 19 and got case number Dec 03. 

Ours was received on the same day. 😓😓. Congrats

Edited by Valmabe

®️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.