Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,942 posts in this topic

Just now, emm21717 said:

I also think depending on how close the interview might be if I get a January I might ask them to pay for my interview flight too as an early wedding present hahah!

LOL!! Thank god for parents, my dad's  paying for a weekend at the poconos.

event.png

2 minutes ago, PA2DR said:

LOL!! Thank god for parents, my dad's  paying for a weekend at the poconos.

GO SKYDIVING THERE! I went there in college and it was AMAZING in the Poconos! beautiful!

Just now, emm21717 said:

GO SKYDIVING THERE! I went there in college and it was AMAZING in the Poconos! beautiful!

bahahaha Adrian would literally pass out!!! I would so do it. Ill check it out!

event.png

1 hour ago, emm21717 said:

SAME.. I will be with him for Christmas .. parents bought me my flight this time so I could spend a christmas with his family until he and I can go back to celebrate... BUT when we get that interview date I will be on the first available haha

1 hour ago, PA2DR said:

Lucky! I'm heading out next week for four days. I wish I could spend xmas, but I work and its double time. My mom is buying my ticket there for the interview!

Shouldve asked him do you think I will be one of those lucky ones on the next batch!!!! lol

Guys. Off topic conversations are frowned upon if they go for to long. There is a great feature here on VJ whereby you can start a PM session and you can invite as many VJ friends as you would like and discuss any topic for as long as you want and the conversation is private amongst yourselves. I've used many times to converse with others on a whole range of topics. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Guys. Off topic conversations are frowned upon if they go for to long. There is a great feature here on VJ whereby you can start a PM session and you can invite as many VJ friends as you would like and discuss any topic for as long as you want and the conversation is private amongst yourselves. I've used many times to converse with others on a whole range of topics. :thumbs:

Sorry! I guess I was just caught up in the moment of being happy our stuff was received! my apologies

3 minutes ago, emm21717 said:

Sorry! I guess I was just caught up in the moment of being happy our stuff was received! my apologies

No problem. :thumbs:

2 minutes ago, PA2DR said:

Sorry !!!!!!!

No Problem :thumbs:

To get to the feature, just select the person's profile picture and you will see a button that stats "message". Select it and then you are in the PM area. Have fun with this feature. :D

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

@Greenbaum question.. if we do receive a case number like this week or before the next shipment leaves.. do you think we would be on that shipment? not sure how this exactly works

1 minute ago, emm21717 said:

@Greenbaum question.. if we do receive a case number like this week or before the next shipment leaves.. do you think we would be on that shipment? not sure how this exactly works

If you get a case number between now and Monday, there is a good chance you'll be on the shipment otherwise the wait will be another two weeks for the next shipping process.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Just curious does anyone have an idea how old my bank and employment records should be? Example would two and half months old printed out before the interview be ok?

Maybe a shorter period of date stamps for these items but I’m thinking that would be my maximum of two and a half months. I don’t want to rush this so close to an interview date and would rather have this folder sitting ready,  thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

@Greenbaum I set an alarm and woke up to call NVC at 10pm EST. Unfortunately no case number yet. I asked the guy about their Thanksgiving holidays, he confirmed that Wednesday and Friday are regular working days and only Thursday is off. It's upsetting to see that people with an NVC recieved date of later have already recieved case numbers :(

5 hours ago, Maham10 said:

@Greenbaum I set an alarm and woke up to call NVC at 10pm EST. Unfortunately no case number yet. I asked the guy about their Thanksgiving holidays, he confirmed that Wednesday and Friday are regular working days and only Thursday is off. It's upsetting to see that people with an NVC recieved date of later have already recieved case numbers :(

It is upsetting and it must feel like someone is butting into the line in front of you. No one enjoys that feeling. There isn't much you can do about that situation. There is too many other things that you should do. You have plenty ahead of you to work on to prepare for the interview. First thing is to make sure your "completed documents" like birth certificate has all the names, spelled correctly and you have copies to give at the interview. Here is a little help from me:

What is needed for the interview:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/ISL_Islamabad.pdf

VJ portal for your county's Embassy (information is old but maybe it will be of some use)

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Pakistan&cty=Islamabad

Sub-forum for your region. This is the place to ask questions of others who are processing through Pakistan, not here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/91-asia-south/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, Knome said:

Please can anybody here tell me that whether we can schedule medical examination in New Delhi or not???

I believe you could get an answer to that question using one of the "groups" thread for all things to do with processing your visa in India. Links are posted below.

Here is a topic in another forum where those from the Mumbai Consulate are applying with good information.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/331403-mumbai-consulate-k1-visa-221g-given/

And

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/684938-india-processing-2018-noa2-nvc/?page=1

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

It is upsetting and it must feel like someone is butting into the line in front of you. No one enjoys that feeling. There isn't much you can do about that situation. There is too many other things that you should do. You have plenty ahead of you to work on to prepare for the interview. First thing is to make sure your "completed documents" like birth certificate has all the names, spelled correctly and you have copies to give at the interview. Here is a little help from me:

What is needed for the interview:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/ISL_Islamabad.pdf

VJ portal for your county's Embassy (information is old but maybe it will be of some use)

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Pakistan&cty=Islamabad

Sub-forum for your region. This is the place to ask questions of others who are processing through Pakistan, not here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/91-asia-south/

Thank you so much for this. I have been aggressively following Pakistan portal and am in touch with people who have recently been interviewed for the K1. I have all the documents prepared, just waiting for NVC case number to go ahead and complete DS-160 and schedule interview. Do you think we should go ahead and use USCIS receipt number, pay fee and schedule for late December slot? Or sit tight and wait for NVC to dispatch file? The latter sounds safer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.